• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

Off topic but love your batman covers in your sig man.. My local comic shop had 5 copies of the Detective cover I sold all but one at $25 a piece. I kind of wish I saved a few more actually..

Thanks Neo! Do you mean the Vol 1 #880? I love Joker covers and I love Jock's artwork... that 880 is :cloud9:

But, the Daniels Vol 2 #1 is unreal as well... Not real sold on Bat's face, but the Joker face on the sea of doll's heads is very, very cool.

:)

I'm curious to learn the various print runs for this issue along with the

3 variant covers. The retailer variants are interesting too.

I reread the story again this weekend as I was shocked how much I enjoyed a modern book.

I have to admit. I did pick up multiple copies in hopes that this book went under the radar and wasn't printed too heavily, especially since it was only direct market.

Heck, I think we all wish to find the next piece of "The Walking Dead" pie.

Now that I've punched my "speculation" ticket I'm sure this will crash

faster then the Wright brother's first flight attempt.

Well, we can do some rough math. There was something like 50 different stores that participated in the variant program at 200 - 400 copies each. (Larry or someone can verify that the maximum allotment was 400 per store?) If you figure the average amount of copies per store was 300, then the Store Variant alone comes out to around 15,000 copies. Pre-ordered Archie issues tend to be, what, 7500 or so copies at most, and that would usually include the non-Direct market, which was not the case here as this is a Direct Market-only series. So, adding all that up, all the various covers, I would estimate the total print run for Issue 1 is somewhere between 20,000 - 22,000?

Does that sound about right for you store owners out there? Larry?

I have no EXACT idea of total print run. I would guess that it can't be over 25k for everything.

Comichron will tell the tale soon fairly accurately as this series is NOT available on newstands. ( Comichron reports Diamond sales NOT newstand, overseas or publisher stock )

The shop variants were minimum order of 200, but you could order as many as you like. ( I know a few shops did 500 ) Some might have done more.

The NYCC variants are just shop variants IMHO.

Ski at Archie told me last Thursday that a Diamond restock was en route.

They then sold out of remaining stock at NYCC.

Life with Archie 23 variant seems like the book to buy.

NOBODY saw that coming.

Edited by LarrysComics

Orderd mine today and I doubt 200 people dressed as Archie zombies for the variant.

I saw a couple of them at the signing but I doubt there was anywhere near 200 even though the whole convention was mobbed.

Orderd mine today and I doubt 200 people dressed as Archie zombies for the variant.

I saw a couple of them at the signing but I doubt there was anywhere near 200 even though the whole convention was mobbed.

They were selling them off at the end of the show on Sunday. So I'm gonna say that you're right.

I'm curious to learn the various print runs for this issue along with the

3 variant covers. The retailer variants are interesting too.

I reread the story again this weekend as I was shocked how much I enjoyed a modern book.

I have to admit. I did pick up multiple copies in hopes that this book went under the radar and wasn't printed too heavily, especially since it was only direct market.

Heck, I think we all wish to find the next piece of "The Walking Dead" pie.

Now that I've punched my "speculation" ticket I'm sure this will crash

faster then the Wright brother's first flight attempt.

Well, we can do some rough math. There was something like 50 different stores that participated in the variant program at 200 - 400 copies each. (Larry or someone can verify that the maximum allotment was 400 per store?) If you figure the average amount of copies per store was 300, then the Store Variant alone comes out to around 15,000 copies. Pre-ordered Archie issues tend to be, what, 7500 or so copies at most, and that would usually include the non-Direct market, which was not the case here as this is a Direct Market-only series. So, adding all that up, all the various covers, I would estimate the total print run for Issue 1 is somewhere between 20,000 - 22,000?

Does that sound about right for you store owners out there? Larry?

I have no EXACT idea of total print run. I would guess that it can't be over 25k for everything.

Comichron will tell the tale soon fairly accurately as this series is NOT available on newstands. ( Comichron reports Diamond sales NOT newstand, overseas or publisher stock )

The shop variants were minimum order of 200, but you could order as many as you like. ( I know a few shops did 500 ) Some might have done more.

The NYCC variants are just shop variants IMHO.

Ski at Archie told me last Thursday that a Diamond restock was en route.

They then sold out of remaining stock at NYCC.

Life with Archie 23 variant seems like the book to buy.

NOBODY saw that coming.

Awesome! Thanks, Larry! :headbang:

The Archie store has the Francavilla Life with Archie #23 cover available in a couple bundles...

http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/archieweddings.html

I just ordered some but it just has that Forbidden Planet feel to it. Where u order something that they show "In Stock" and then two weeks later u find out they were "Out of Stock"

True due to the paper stock I think the will all have little minor blemishes but Cgc will be forgiving on grading I hope.

Uhhh yea that's what we want! CGC should randomly overlook flaws since they all have it.....?

True due to the paper stock I think the will all have little minor blemishes but Cgc will be forgiving on grading I hope.

Uhhh yea that's what we want! CGC should randomly overlook flaws since they all have it.....?

Depending on the situation, they may or may not hold a production defect against a book. That's nothing new.