• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

After I got my MOS 17 second printing, I briefly listed my 3rd and 4th printings of Superman #75 on eBay to try and recuperate. I also had borderline buyers remorse for Superman #75 4th printing. The morning after listing these books, I found that I couldn't part with them, these were my books after all, so I told myself not to panic and I removed the listing.

After seeing these links, I decided to search out other 2-packs and bundles online. Seeing the condition there were in and how the comics were tightly pressed together made me appreciate my Superman #74 4th printing even more.

Just a quick question: Superman 75 3rd and 4th...were they only available thru the 2-pack bundles?? or were they also available at the LCS??

I have a Superman #74 third print 9.8.... ;)

Don't have the others right now, but I do have quite a few raws, including the ultra-ridiculously rare MOS #20 2nd that I hope will get a 9.8.

I have everything except the Adventures #499 third and MOS #17 2nd.

Have you tracked down a supergirl 1 3rd print?

I did, but it was quite a bit lower grade than the 9.2 it was advertised to be, so I returned it.

I got one ... do i need to post a photo?

Working on getting the reprints of these right now in CGC 9.8 condition. It's not as easy as I thought it would be... :facepalm:

Until then, here are my first prints...

Very nice. It is not easy at all to get all the reprints, especially in 9.8 condition.

Working on getting the reprints of these right now in CGC 9.8 condition. It's not as easy as I thought it would be... :facepalm:

Superman17_zps9bc66b5a.png

Superman18_zpsb02d9222.png

Are you gonna try to get any newsies? hm

Superman17_zps9bc66b5a.png

Superman18_zpsb02d9222.png

Are you gonna try to get any newsies? hm

I already passed up two newstand editions in a sales thread a week ago...which I really regret right now.

So just gonna focus on reprints...landed a 3rd and 4th print of #18 in 9.8 this week. So I'm getting there!!! lol.

What's a fair price for a 1st print newsstand copy?

#18.

This sale was from January (I thought it was quite fair): :grin:

SUPERMAN THE MAN OF STEEL #18 Dec 1992 DC NM/MT 9.8 W 1st App DOOMSDAY BOGDANOVE (#161188695593)

US $125.00