• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Shrevvy said:

I don't. I had one 9.8 that I sold a few years ago. I always liked X-men #94 better. All but the CGC 9.4 I picked up earlier this year. The #94 felt like an under valued book so I picked up a couple extra copies. I did not expect the price to move like it has, but I am not complaining. The raw came from a local shop and I will be sending it to CGC. I would guess it is an 8.0ish. The low grade copy is my reading copy that I have in a short box somewhere. It is probably G-VG range. I will likely sell or trade all but the 9.4 and low grade raw at some point (not ready yet).

Yeah I'm the same way.  Have a GSX1 but way prefer my X 94. You did a great job timing this rise!

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yeah I'm the same way.  Have a GSX1 but way prefer my X 94. You did a great job timing this rise!

Better lucky than good!

I almost didn't buy the raw. In fact, I almost flipped it here on the boards for a couple dollars profit after buying it. About two weeks later it started its upward rise. Glad I held onto that one. 8.0s are bringing ~4x what I would have sold it for a couple months ago. 

1 minute ago, Shrevvy said:

Better lucky than good!

I almost didn't buy the raw. In fact, I almost flipped it here on the boards for a couple dollars profit after buying it. About two weeks later it started its upward rise. Glad I held onto that one. 8.0s are bringing ~4x what I would have sold it for a couple months ago. 

Sometimes life gives us a gift...  historically x94s were equivalent to gsx1s but not sure where this will end up.  It's been fun watching it rise though.  My favorite cover 

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Sometimes life gives us a gift...  historically x94s were equivalent to gsx1s but not sure where this will end up.  It's been fun watching it rise though.  My favorite cover 

I think 94 was always more expensive than GSX in 9.8 but less in all other grades if I remember right. I don't know maybe that's changed a little now in 9.8 but I think for the most part 94s have always been higher in top grade because of that census number. 

9 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I think 94 was always more expensive than GSX in 9.8 but less in all other grades if I remember right. I don't know maybe that's changed a little now in 9.8 but I think for the most part 94s have always been higher in top grade because of that census number. 

I think you may be right.  I have never seen a 9.8

4 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

There are 34 of them according to the census.  Very surprised there isn’t one listed....

I assume in this Market if one of those get listed,  they would go above a GSX 1 9.8?

Edited by Wolverinex

On 4/1/2021 at 5:07 PM, MGsimba77 said:
On 4/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

Link? Having a hard time finding it

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/superhero/x-men-94-marvel-1975-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7242-91051.s

C'mon guys was this ⬆️ 63k auction so long ago? xD

It was after the 68k GSX as well so that was known to the bidders. 

Edited by MGsimba77

9 hours ago, Mjolnir! said:

Right now it's tucked in a safety deposit box along with my other most precious gems to include Giant X1 9.6 and Hulk 181 9.2.

To give you the short story, I got extremely lucky back in 2011 and bought X94 raw at a local comic store for $1100.  Afterwards I got an itch and bought the other gems off e-bay the following year.  I never owned a Hulk 181 and decided I wanted to own a piece of history for the heck of it.

At the time I thought I was out of my mind the money I dished out for those books.  Now I feel like a mad genius somehow but know I'm just lucky I bought them and held onto them in honor of my childhood passion of collecting comics. 

Buying all those comics back in the day and being fortunate enough to hold on to them throughout my lifetime has compounded into some serious investment capital I can cash in.  Luckily I don't need the money which is why I've always been in a hold pattern.   

Kudos!  Don't forget to take it out sometimes and enjoy them!

2 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Prove that you are right; you are the one that comes into this thread pounding your trashcan.  Do the work and the math, you win the thread and can go back to wherever you hang on on here.  I'm waiting. (thumbsu

Been there, done that, sport. Many times. 

Try to keep up. (thumbsu

-J.