• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, APDallas said:

Got this 15 years ago at San Diego Comic Con.x-men1.thumb.jpg.3e59347f516530a79b8dab0e2e209305.jpg

And you still haven't gotten this astounding book slapped yet?

What are you waiting for? A roll-out-the-red-carpet dinner invitation from CGC? :gossip:

Edited by Mjolnir!

7 hours ago, APDallas said:

Got this 15 years ago at San Diego Comic Con.x-men1.thumb.jpg.3e59347f516530a79b8dab0e2e209305.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mjolnir! said:

And you still haven't gotten this astounding book slapped yet?

What are you waiting for? A roll-out-the-red-carpet dinner invitation from CGC? :gossip:

MuTfBws.gifthhhhhhhats slappy!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, rexinnih said:

Sent this in for restoration removal, had something added to spine, at a Restored 6.0. Had removed, pressed and came back the same. Love the Blue Universal!

GS1.jpg

And it stayed a 6.0, awesome, I'm guessing the cost was worth it too! :wishluck:

:tink:

15 hours ago, rexinnih said:

Sent this in for restoration removal, had something added to spine, at a Restored 6.0. Had removed, pressed and came back the same. Love the Blue Universal!

GS1.jpg

I don't get it, some holders of slight color touch are afraid it will drop the value significantly. Here is the proof that it's worth getting it done. :golfclap:

9 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I don't get it, some holders of slight color touch are afraid it will drop the value significantly. Here is the proof that it's worth getting it done. :golfclap:

Had the same thing with my IH 181. Came back a few years ago with initial "slight color touch" and sent it in last year for restoration removal. Came back same grade also. I bought that and GS X-Men 1 raw when I was a kid going to the San Diego Comic Con back in the 80's and had no indication there was any "restoration" on them. Well, well worth the time and investment to get that removed. 

It DOES amaze me 

And I've told this story often

This was the book that when I first came back, all available online were slabbed, and I thought to myself, "what if they WERE all slabbed? And how would that affect the market?!?!"

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Now now settle down haha

This is a really dumb question on my part, but I don't get why X-Men 94 is valued what it is.  It has no notable first appearance (other than 1st new team) and is the 2nd appearance (I think) of notable characters.  Beyond that, what makes it so special?  Is value purely driven by difference in print runs/availability on this book?

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

This is a really dumb question on my part, but I don't get why X-Men 94 is valued what it is.  It has no notable first appearance (other than 1st new team) and is the 2nd appearance (I think) of notable characters.  Beyond that, what makes it so special?  Is value purely driven by difference in print runs/availability on this book?

It's this 1st of the main ongoing series, classicish cover, the start to the run for Phoenix, 

I'm not sure if these are definite reasons, but they're things I considered lol

I also collect 2nd appearances though.....

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I think people prizes the appearance of those character on main title of x men almost as much as gsxm 1.after all mainstream almost always win.since gsxm 1 was a hors series in the mind of the many,xm94 include them wholy in the continuity of the series,for me i like gsxm 1 a lot more but all this is in the eye of the beholder lol

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Read and learn, my friend.  It's a very important key.  

Edited by Wolverinex