• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2021 at 6:47 PM, tvindy said:

I'm trying to. It's just that whenever I think the conversation is finally over, you guys keep quoting me.

1yhf3t.jpeg

Hahahaha....good......GOOD.  I have no insecurities in using the best option to safeguard my books.  :popcorn:

Best Are You Not Entertained Gladiator GIFs | Gfycat

8 hours ago, TroyT7986 said:

If I have a CBCS Giant Size X-Men am I allowed to post it? Cover is faded, but the rest of the book looks clean..wonder if I had CGC regrade it if it may bump it up .5 or better with a C&P.

I really can't say whether CGC would get you a higher grade with a pressing or without, but personally I'd have it regraded just for the consistency with the rest of my collection.  Only CBCS I have is a Wolverine #1 witnessed sign by Claremont and Rubinstein.  If only witnessed signings were transferable between the companies I'd love to regrade it with that CGC Wolverine graphic.

8 hours ago, TroyT7986 said:

Graded 5.0. Bought it back in 2000 at a comic book store for $220. Had it graded by the other guys in 2016 at Tampa Comic Con.

GSXmen1 (1).jpg

GSXmen1 (2).jpg

GSXmen1 (10).jpg

GSXmen1 (9).jpg

GSXmen1 (8).jpg

GSXmen1 (7).jpg

GSXmen1 (3).jpg

GSXmen1 (4).jpg

GSXmen1 (5).jpg

GSXmen1 (6).jpg

Pressing won’t help that vertical colour-breaking crease going through the price and number unfortunately.  

Not sure what the max grade is for a sun-faded book, but it’s at least 6.0

A315D903-1B41-491D-A1E0-1CF462133160.jpeg

On 6/3/2021 at 6:53 PM, Darthbryan said:

Guess I’ll show my membership card at the door before coming in.  

Anyone know what kind of premium the MJ Insert brings on this book?

75119A5E-E879-4FAD-A251-2EA7EAFB325E.jpeg

That 9.6 makes me quite jealous. Congrats.

For all of you X-Men aficionados here, isn't GSXM 1 supposedly worth more than X-Men 94 in grade?  hm

If this is indeed the case as I would supsect, why is GoCollect showing a FMV for GSXM 1 in CGC 9.8 at $60K which makes sense to me, and yet shows a FMV for XM 94 in CGC 9.8 at a substantially higher price point of $78K when I can't think of any sales in that price range?  ???

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

For all of you X-Men aficionados here, isn't GSXM 1 supposedly worth more than X-Men 94 in grade?  hm

If this is indeed the case as I would supsect, why is GoCollect showing a FMV for GSXM 1 in CGC 9.8 at $60K which makes sense to me, and yet shows a FMV for XM 94 in CGC 9.8 at a substantially higher price point of $78K when I can't think of any sales in that price range?  ???

Yes for the most part except for 9.8s. Maybe GSX has cought up lately in 9.8 but I don't think there's enough recent data on 94 in 9.8 to say. 94s don't sell too often in 9.8. 

I'm not sure how they arrive at 78k for X94? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if that was accurate I just don't know of any recent sales in that range. There was the recent 63k 9.8 on HA and > 20k 9.6 on Clink. I think if Clink had a 78k sale they would be featuring it on the front page -- so it wasn't there. 

Edited by MGsimba77

20 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I'm not sure how they arrive at 78k for X94? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if that was accurate I just don't know of any recent sales in that range. There was the recent 63k 9.8 on HA and > 20k 9.6 on Clink. I think if Clink had a 78k sale they would be featuring it on the front page -- so it wasn't there. 

Looks like nothing more than as assumption on their part as I also don't see any sale of an actual XM 94 in CGC 9.8 above that HA $63K result.  My bet is that they are simply looking at all of the GSXM 1 sales in the $60K with more than a whopping 200 copies in CGC 9.8, and then assume that XM94 must be worth more than that since it has only a relative fractional 37 copies in the same equivalent CGC 9.8 grade.  :facepalm:

Interesting to note that while checking the CC archives for CGC 9.8 graded sales of XM 94, looks like some buyer lost a lot of money on this book here as they paid an astounding $26,500 way way back in April of 2010 when it was only 1 of 5 copies in highest graded 9.8 condition, and then resold it only a short 1 year+ later in December of 2011 for only $10,399 when it was then 1 of 11 copies in highest graded 9.8 condition.  :tonofbricks:

Edited by lou_fine