• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage

347 posts in this topic

Yowza, look at the bidding on the X-Men Annual cover

Someone really really wanted that cover. I thought 15K tops.

wow-wow-shock-surprise-smiley-emoticon-000325-medium.gif

crushed-crushed-heavy-balcksmith-smiley-emoticon-000581-medium.gif

It was more than just one person who really, really wanted that cover. Looks like three separate bidders duked it out.

Big time congrats to the winner!

I just don't understand how all this art sells for so much money and when this auction is over, I usually only end up seeing about 10% of it. Are there that many "private" collectors that aren't on CAF? I seriously asking. Is CAF and these boards just the tip of the iceberg?

It was more than just one person who really, really wanted that cover. Looks like three separate bidders duked it out.

True Felix, but the person with the last bid, really really wanted it. :/ At 44K you have to be thinking, "I'm spending 44K on an X-Men piece NOT drawn by John Byrne, and I don't give a **#*$&%&" Its the only way to still pull the trigger.

True Felix, but the person with the last bid, really really wanted it. :/ At 44K you have to be thinking, "I'm spending 44K on an X-Men piece NOT drawn by John Byrne, and I don't give a **#*$&%&" Its the only way to still pull the trigger.

But that image by Byrne, on a cover, from that time period would have a "1" in front of that "44".

Those Fastner & Larson portfolio plate illustrations went WAY lower than I expected.

As the winner of the Wolverine poster, I agree 100%

Nice score! I put in a low bid on that one too. I remember I gave that particular plate to a friend as an X-Mas gift when we were in junior high. I've largely moved away from collecting painted art, but, at these prices, I'm willing to make an exception. (thumbs u

Those Fastner & Larson portfolio plate illustrations went WAY lower than I expected.

As the winner of the Wolverine poster, I agree 100%

Nice score! I put in a low bid on that one too. I remember I gave that particular plate to a friend as an X-Mas gift when we were in junior high. I've largely moved away from collecting painted art, but, at these prices, I'm willing to make an exception. (thumbs u

The usually only give "featured" positions to pieces they think will make a minimum of $20K, so both very good buys.

Wow, I won the Alpha Flight one. That's a crazy low price. :eek:

Yes it is. There is something else I want up for auction so I declined to hit it a few more times Gene. The Canuck in me is slightly :tonofbricks:

But that image by Byrne, on a cover, from that time period would have a "1" in front of that "44".

True, I'm just saying that if I'm spending 44K on an X-Men piece, the artist is Byrne.