• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, jespernicolaj said:

Hey,

Been collecting comics for 40 years now. Live in Denmark and I mainly collect raw books (I like to read them and smell them). I working on getting a full run of Uncanny X-Men, Green Lantern (2nd series), The Lone Ranger's companion Tonto and all the communist propaganda books from the ´50-´70 I can get my filthy little hands on.

Looking forward to talk to and learn more about the wonderful and crazy world of comics

Comics! Comics! Comics!

On 6/3/2023 at 3:03 PM, LynnP said:

Greetings one and all. I'm new to chat forums but have been collecting comics since the 1970s. I'm all over the place. My primary collecting interest is Atlas horror but I also love Timely, pre-hero DC, and most high grade stuff up until the early 1980s.

There is a golden age part of the forum and you'll fit right in all around, welcome 🤗! To the boards 

On 6/3/2023 at 2:03 PM, LynnP said:

Greetings one and all. I'm new to chat forums but have been collecting comics since the 1970s. I'm all over the place. My primary collecting interest is Atlas horror but I also love Timely, pre-hero DC, and most high grade stuff up until the early 1980s.

Welcome to the boards.  Atlas Horror, Timely and pre-hero DC, you have great taste.

Good morning everyone. My name is Joel and I live in Northern Arizona. My first introduction to comics was in the early 90s so I am an Image fan and Modern Age fan. Rule of 25 is spot on bc now that I have disposable income as an adult I am collecting comics from my childhood. I thought of collecting the full run of spawn but there are so many. I have the first spawn compendium and am thinking of getting more of those but not seeing the covers hurts a little. 

On 6/11/2023 at 8:29 AM, golfplyr said:

Good morning everyone. My name is Joel and I live in Northern Arizona. My first introduction to comics was in the early 90s so I am an Image fan and Modern Age fan. Rule of 25 is spot on bc now that I have disposable income as an adult I am collecting comics from my childhood. I thought of collecting the full run of spawn but there are so many. I have the first spawn compendium and am thinking of getting more of those but not seeing the covers hurts a little. 

Welcome 🤗 glad to have you :)

On 7/1/2023 at 12:54 AM, Asterperious said:

Hi everyone,

I recently began collecting golden age comics as I'm a WWII collector and really enjoy the propaganda covers from that era. Since then I've branched into wanting some of the early Batman comics and early ASMs so who knows how far this hobby will take me lol. Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Golden age forum will be glad to see a newcomer. Hang in there! And welcome to the boards

On 7/2/2023 at 3:53 PM, austinvintagetoys said:

Hi -- Noob member here!    Been a lurker reading for a few years but ready to jump in and looking forward to continuing and lurk and participate a bit  :)

Welcome. :)

On 7/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, austinvintagetoys said:

Hi -- Noob member here!    Been a lurker reading for a few years but ready to jump in and looking forward to continuing and lurk and participate a bit  :)

Welcome to the Show

batman thumbs-up.jpg

On 7/6/2023 at 4:14 AM, Simon20012 said:

Morning everyone, I’m Simon, been a reader here for a good few years and looking forward to contributing and interacting going forward.  I collect mainly Silver / Bronze Age Marvel but love some bronze DC titles as well as more modern indies (Hellboy, Cerebus) :smile:

Welcome 🤗

Hello everyone, my name is Jordan, I'm an alcoholic authorized dealer and character collector. My first comic was an Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog #100 that I saw on a spinner rack at Stater Bros in 2001. While I don't collect so much anymore, my job allows to me to live vicariously through all of you wonderful people. :headbang:

On 7/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, Asterperious said:

Hi everyone,

I recently began collecting golden age comics as I'm a WWII collector and really enjoy the propaganda covers from that era. Since then I've branched into wanting some of the early Batman comics and early ASMs so who knows how far this hobby will take me lol. Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

:hi: I have pretty similar tastes to you. So I think you'll enjoy some of the links in this thread:

Hi Everyone!

I'm a big fan of Gambit(I blame growing up with the X-men cartoon lol) and have been collecting comics featuring him whenever I can since the 2000s. I also do love X-men in general. I occasionally collected Deadpool and Spiderman comics but what I have for both is quite small. I've never done any gradings before but I have some comics in mind for sending as my first.

On 8/3/2023 at 1:40 AM, Wazzy88 said:

Hi Everyone!

I'm a big fan of Gambit(I blame growing up with the X-men cartoon lol) and have been collecting comics featuring him whenever I can since the 2000s. I also do love X-men in general. I occasionally collected Deadpool and Spiderman comics but what I have for both is quite small. I've never done any gradings before but I have some comics in mind for sending as my first.

Welcome! I remember growing up with the cartoon and not realizing that Gambit was a newish character. Quickly sorted it out plus his accent voice over made for some imagination when reading a comic!