• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

Hello I just got back in the mix after a 15 year hiatus. My son's obsession with Deadpool motivated me to get back to my childhood hobby. I am interested in learning as much as I can about comics and having fun in the process. I am a noob to serious collecting in every sense of the word so I am hoping to increase my knowledge about the grading system so I can avoid making bad purchases because I sometimes I get more excited than my son does.

Hello I just got back in the mix after a 15 year hiatus. My son's obsession with Deadpool motivated me to get back to my childhood hobby. I am interested in learning as much as I can about comics and having fun in the process. I am a noob to serious collecting in every sense of the word so I am hoping to increase my knowledge about the grading system so I can avoid making bad purchases because I sometimes I get more excited than my son does.

Welcome :applause:

:applause:

This is a great place to dive back in after a long break - I did the same thing, and I was looking for a place to learn about being a more advanced collector. Welcome!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks and finally decided to register.

I am a huge TMNT fan mostly I have collected toys through the years, but am getting into the comics now.

A little about me, in my 30's, married 10 years this coming aug, and have 2 very fat beagles. Happy to be here!

What's up everyone. Been out of the comic world for a while,but I finally found my old comics. One big thing I need them graded asap. Is there anyone in Ct area that can do this. I don't have much but I think what I have is decent, all of them were bought and put in box. Please let me know. And thanks for having a golf pro/comic enthusiast!!!!!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks and finally decided to register.

I am a huge TMNT fan mostly I have collected toys through the years, but am getting into the comics now.

A little about me, in my 30's, married 10 years this coming aug, and have 2 very fat beagles. Happy to be here!

Welcome to the boards!

What's up everyone. Been out of the comic world for a while,but I finally found my old comics. One big thing I need them graded asap. Is there anyone in Ct area that can do this. I don't have much but I think what I have is decent, all of them were bought and put in box. Please let me know. And thanks for having a golf pro/comic enthusiast!!!!!

Welcome to the Boards.

Scan a few books and start a thread here:

Please grade my books

People will be able to give you some ballpark ideas on how they will grade out.

Hi everyone,

Name's Andahaion (elvish for Justin, apparently). I began collecting as a child in the late 80s. Superman will always be my guy, but I'm also really into Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, and the team books: JLA and Avengers. In high school, my best friend and fellow comic collector passed away and I gave it up. I was pulled back into the fold when they "killed off" Captain America. One of those marketing tricks that worked. I also work in government affairs and found the symbolism fitting for the times. Anyway, don't want to get political, just relating how I got back into collecting.

It wasn't long after that when I found ha.com and other auction sites that allowed access to older books I dreamed of owning as a kid. Now I'm all grown up (doubtful) I'm able to purchase older key issues like my recent acquisition of a low grade copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 (CGC 2.5). I'd been watching the book soar in price over the past few years and figured that now is the time if I ever wanted to own a copy.

Anyway, I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you. Cheers.

Greetings all!

I've been a collector for nearing 20 years now (funny to say it as that's half my life). It has always been new books but the last couple of years the fever of collecting some older stuff has bit me pretty hard. I've always had my "would like to own" list of early stuff I liked (Silver Surfer and other cosmic characters mostly) but only recently have I been acting on those wants.

Anyway, I've lurked for a long time and figured I'd finally introduce myself since this board has, unknowingly, provided me some significant enjoyment. I likely still won't post much, but hopefully when I do it'll be good. :)

Excelsior!?

Greetings all!

I've been a collector for nearing 20 years now (funny to say it as that's half my life). It has always been new books but the last couple of years the fever of collecting some older stuff has bit me pretty hard. I've always had my "would like to own" list of early stuff I liked (Silver Surfer and other cosmic characters mostly) but only recently have I been acting on those wants.

Anyway, I've lurked for a long time and figured I'd finally introduce myself since this board has, unknowingly, provided me some significant enjoyment. I likely still won't post much, but hopefully when I do it'll be good. :)

Excelsior!?

Welcome,you've been here almost two years with only four posts?

Hello,

names OmegaDepot, Depot for short. i started collecting x-men fleer cards when i was younger and my dad bought me my first comic when i was 13 years old. My first comic and still have to this day is Super man forever 1998 holographic cover. The comic is all beat up and its definitely in a G to VG condition but i keep it because that's what got me started on the path of collecting. When i lived in the great country of the United States of America i jumped around from one yard sale to another and stopped in on flea markets to find rare and raw comics to keep and store. Greatest find so far is a Incredible Hulk 181 in which i got it graded and it was 9.0. Bought it off of a guy in FL back in 2003 who was desperate for cash and took the only $271 that i had in my wallet. Which i was going to use for more rare comics that i came across but instead i spent it on one comic. Later i joined the military, now living in Japan and have been collecting comics since that one purchase that my father gave me as a gift. I collect a wide variety of comics. mainly DC and marvel, but i must say image is giving them a run for their money. I hope to gain good information on newer/older comics and have great conversations on these boards. Thank you for reading my intro.

-Depot

Edited by omegadepot

Hi all,

I'm really new here, but not new to collecting/dealing. I started with vintage glassware, camera lenses, and other odds and ends, and circled back around to comics and books I loved when I was young. I really like poking around garage sales/estate sales for gems. (what collector doesn't?) My regular job is in finance and right now I am also working with a large collector on specialty comic book financing. Nice to meet you guys!

Hello Everyone,

I'm Morgan. I couldn't think of a clever handle, so I used my name like a weirdo. I started collecting about 25 years ago, and have one of those sad sad stories about how Mom sold my collection in the garage sale while I was away on business. Since then My brother and I started dealing comics online about 3 years ago. What I lack in total knowledge I seem to make up for in relentlessly scouring the globe to find things. Recently found a NM AMS 31 at an estate sale in Wyoming, found a Greg Land EOSV 2 NM/M Mislisted on a website for $25, and have been hunting down about every hard to find title I can think of. I definitely try to make money, but still be fair at the same time. The more and more money I have invested, the more this is turning into just that, and investment. I have been on the boards a week, and must say I love everything about it. Look forward to meeting some fellow collectors and learning a few things.

M

Hello Everyone,

I'm Morgan. I couldn't think of a clever handle, so I used my name like a weirdo. I started collecting about 25 years ago, and have one of those sad sad stories about how Mom sold my collection in the garage sale while I was away on business. Since then My brother and I started dealing comics online about 3 years ago. What I lack in total knowledge I seem to make up for in relentlessly scouring the globe to find things. Recently found a NM AMS 31 at an estate sale in Wyoming, found a Greg Land EOSV 2 NM/M Mislisted on a website for $25, and have been hunting down about every hard to find title I can think of. I definitely try to make money, but still be fair at the same time. The more and more money I have invested, the more this is turning into just that, and investment. I have been on the boards a week, and must say I love everything about it. Look forward to meeting some fellow collectors and learning a few things.

M

Welcome Morgan. :applause:

Hello Everyone,

M

HI, Morgan, I'm not much of one for clever handles, either.

Tim

Hello Everyone!

I've been collecting for 30+ years off and on, Started when I read my brothers spiderman/batman/avengers comics when I was a kid. Took a few breaks here and there: (college--where I almost sold my collection) moving, etc...

Got back into it about 10 years ago with a splash when I bought an amazing spiderman 1 and x-men 1 at a boston comic show. I love me some silver and bronze with the occasional sprinkling of modern books thrown in.

Hi all!

I"m Nicci, I've been reading these boards for about 7 months as an unregistered guest and finally decided to say hello. (Hi!)

I'm really new to comic book collecting (and reading if I'm honest). Either way it has fast become something I enjoy a whole lot. Since I'm so new to this most of my interest is in modern comics. My husband has been really supportive of this new hobby of mine and it seems to have given him a reason to look at some of the books/characters that he enjoyed when he was a kid. Lots of fun :)

I've learned a lot just from reading these boards, so thanks!