• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,915 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm Drew and i am a long time lurker on the boards but decided to finally make an account! I am a freshman in college and I have just switched my comic focus from Amazing Spider-Man and decided to branch off into the giant universe of what else is out there! My current interests include the Dell Four Colors, pre-hero books, pre-code horror, all eras of Batman, and whatever else awaits me! Nice to meet y'all.

Hi! I'm Drew and i am a long time lurker on the boards but decided to finally make an account! I am a freshman in college and I have just switched my comic focus from Amazing Spider-Man and decided to branch off into the giant universe of what else is out there! My current interests include the Dell Four Colors, pre-hero books, pre-code horror, all eras of Batman, and whatever else awaits me! Nice to meet y'all.

Welcome Drew. :applause:

Greetings from NYC...... :facepalm:

We've been away from comics for ....... 15-20 years?

Our background is trading (Wall St.).

Then 9/11 happened :mad::censored: and the rest is history................we walked away.

About Us:

We don't dabble in single lots, we look for size positions.

Everything we're involved with is from a trading perspective.

We focus on risk to reward ratios, ROI, arb situations, and liquidity.

Looking forward to making new friends and helping each other make $$$$.

Cheers.

PS: Yes, we collect for fun too. ;)

Been a collector for the better part of 30 years, read the board for the latest news since I'd been out of the hobby for the last 6 or 7 years. You guys bring so much good info I figured I'd register and post a time or three.

Hiyas all from NY and soon-back-in-the-Bay-Area, exitmusicblue here. Longtime member of the Blowoutcards forum (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/exitmusicblue.html, 100% iTrader from 50+ transactions !).

I decided to half-migrate as I've returned to collecting comics after a looooong hiatus. :whee:

Still got my old collection, was a big fan of Venom (#1 came out when I was in elementary school), Gambit, the X-Men, and all of Marvel... to the extent I even collected the trading cards. Now I come back and (no surprise) find everything bonkers... alternative universes, new characters like Silk, Secret Wars redux? I wonder how I can possibly catch up. :screwy:

I guess a good start would be to soak up as much as possible. : ) Pleasure meeting you all !!

Hiyas all from NY and soon-back-in-the-Bay-Area, exitmusicblue here. Longtime member of the Blowoutcards forum (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/exitmusicblue.html, 100% iTrader from 50+ transactions !).

I decided to half-migrate as I've returned to collecting comics after a looooong hiatus. :whee:

Still got my old collection, was a big fan of Venom (#1 came out when I was in elementary school), Gambit, the X-Men, and all of Marvel... to the extent I even collected the trading cards. Now I come back and (no surprise) find everything bonkers... alternative universes, new characters like Silk, Secret Wars redux? I wonder how I can possibly catch up. :screwy:

I guess a good start would be to soak up as much as possible. : ) Pleasure meeting you all !!

hi, enjoy your stay here. i went back to busting wax box a year ago after about 10 years since i switched to comics.

i busted a box of immaculate and pulled a Nash auto logoman :)

hi, enjoy your stay here. i went back to busting wax box a year ago after about 10 years since i switched to comics.

i busted a box of immaculate and pulled a Nash auto logoman :)

Very cool !! I'll keep collecting cards, but it's a relief that our comics values don't depend on real life peformance :o

My name is Dan, and as may be obvious from my username and avatar, Gambit is my favorite character.

My comic collection has ranged from one box of leafed through Archie TMNT comics when I was a kid up to 22 longboxes of Marvel and DC at its peak. I've sold off a lot of my collection over the years after a lot of moving (some of which I wish I had graded before selling!) and now have about three longboxes worth left - the runs I can never part with (all my Gambit issues, JLI/JLE, the aforementioned Archie TMNT).

Gaambit (with two a's) has been my username on MANY message boards and groups since the mid-90's. If you ever spent time on AOL's old Marvel message boards (Cyber Hellfire Club!) or Brian K. Vaughan's BKV Cabal, chances are we've chatted.

I joined here after getting one very particular comic graded, and I am likely going to have many questions looking for tips, so any help everyone can provide will be very much appreciated!

Hey Whats up everybody,EddieZ here - been lurking around here reading for a short time. Been collecting on and off for 20+ years. And as recently as the last 2 years.

I just started getting books graded. I have probably 15-20 "slabbed" books and 2K raw.

I dont post alot, but enjoy reading and learning

Hey Whats up everybody,EddieZ here - been lurking around here reading for a short time. Been collecting on and off for 20+ years. And as recently as the last 2 years.

I just started getting books graded. I have probably 15-20 "slabbed" books and 2K raw.

I dont post alot, but enjoy reading and learning

Glad to have you aboard EZ

Hello everyone, my name is Greg. I literally just joined the boards. I was referred by a friend that I've done business with on Instagram. I'm not really sure what to expect, but I know what books I'm looking for lol. I've only been collecting for about a year, but my savings and withdrawn CD account would say differently. :headbang:

I love Marvel, Image, and DC. Marvel for me right now is Amazing Spider-Man, Hulk (Green Hulk, Grey Hulk, She-Hulk, Red Hulk), Ms. Marvel, and Wolverine (still need the first app of X-23). For Image, for me, right now it's Wytches, and Saga.

For DC it's only Batman, New 52 is included in there. I'm selling off any comics right now that don't fall into those categories e.g. Marvel Spotlight #5 first app of Ghost Rider. I don't want to, but I gotta focus my obsession. My favorite character is Spider-Man. ^^

Hello everyone, my name is Alfredo (Most people know me as just Al, or Fredo). I been collecting comics for about 20 years. Love Marvel, DC and Image. Some of my favortite comic book artist are J Scott Campbell, the late Michael Turner, Joe Mad, Jim Lee, Greg Capullo, Jack kirby.

Love the thrill of owning the hard to get comic books. From the copper, bronze eras to the Modern era of course, with all their variants.

Got involved with CGC about 2 years ago, and looking to get more books done by them. Came around the site about 1 year ago and recently decided to start posting stuff. I'm learning a lot from different subjects on the site.

So thanks to everyone for their inputs on the site. :headbang: