• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,877 posts in this topic

Most of the ones I've come across have been mid grade copies. Here's a couple nicer ones I stumbled upon....

This is why they are fun to collect in high grade. I pass on VF copies in stores/at shows all the time. True 9.4+ copies are much more difficult to find.

Most of the ones I've come across have been mid grade copies. Here's a couple nicer ones I stumbled upon....

This is why they are fun to collect in high grade. I pass on VF copies in stores/at shows all the time. True 9.4+ copies are much more difficult to find.

A NM set would be something to behold. Finding pristine copies is a collecting treat. :cloud9:

+1 they look so epic in high grade

A NM set would be something to behold. Finding pristine copies is a collecting treat. :cloud9:

The thrill of the hunt is dead for me.

I've been sitting on nearly 12,000 copies of unsold/undistributed Canadian Price Variants, it's been yielding many of the highest graded copies. It's been years and I still have not sifted through all of it

I've been sitting on nearly 12,000 copies of unsold/undistributed Canadian Price Variants, it's been yielding many of the highest graded copies. It's been years and I still have not sifted through all of it

Have the keys all be picked?

I have them mostly set aside for a rainy day, don't want to flood the market with multiple copies. No, they aren't sale.

It's a long meticulous process and yielding record prices when done properly.

I picked up one of these Canadian variants for the first time not too long ago.

One of my favorite Perez covers. JLA 217 in 9.8. Now I just need to find a "So much fun" variant in 9.8 and I'll have all 3.

I have them mostly set aside for a rainy day, don't want to flood the market with multiple copies. No, they aren't sale.

Me and my checkbook want to come to Canada to visit you.

:o Gosh I would pay top dollar for some of that stuff. Just a few hundred issues would suit me just fine.

We should coordinate timing of putting keys in 9.6/ 9.8 up for sale then to avoid stunting the prices for one another. (thumbs u

We should coordinate timing of putting keys in 9.6/ 9.8 up for sale then to avoid stunting the prices for one another. (thumbs u

That's why I avoid talking specifics on issues. The number of raw 1st Beta Ray's stashed away with that 75¢ glaring like a neon sign, ready to pounce at the sniff of speculation.

Unfortunately, not for sale. The stuff is too good being uncirculated to the public and never touched except when it was carefully stored in bags and stacked neatly on shelves, never even having the cover opened or pages turned. It was like stepping into a time machine and going back 25 to 30 years with that fresh comic smell hitting you instantly. Yielding multiple copies of unsold store stock.

Unfortunately, not for sale. The stuff is too good being uncirculated to the public and never touched except when it was carefully stored in bags and stacked neatly on shelves, never even having the cover opened or pages turned. It was like stepping into a time machine and going back 25 to 30 years with that fresh comic smell hitting you instantly. Yielding multiple copies of unsold store stock.

Did that make anyone else warm and tingly?

Sounds very intriguing. I take it you are based in Eastern Canada? I have been trying to find high grade copies [9.6-9.8's] of various FF issues but it seems like they almost do not exist. Thor's are much easier but I buy up pretty multiple copies of my favorite issues when I can.

Sounds very intriguing. I take it you are based in Eastern Canada? I have been trying to find high grade copies [9.6-9.8's] of various FF issues but it seems like they almost do not exist. Thor's are much easier but I buy up pretty multiple copies of my favorite issues when I can.

Yes, every single Fantastic Four Canadian is accounted for, untouched, pristine and looking better than the stuff that is delivered this week to the comic shops by Diamond.

Yes, every single Fantastic Four Canadian is accounted for, untouched, pristine and looking better than the stuff that is delivered this week to the comic shops by Diamond.

FF has been easy to find out here in Edmonton for some reason. (shrug)

I have found ASM to be tougher in high grade due to the direct market effect.

There is a local collector that is slowly selling his unread Thor #337 and up hoard. The books are mostly NM except for the few he stored improperly. My current 9.6 and 9.8 came from an earlier purchase from him.

That's why I avoid talking specifics on issues. The number of raw 1st Beta Ray's stashed away with that 75¢ glaring like a neon sign, ready to pounce at the sniff of speculation.

Very nice!

My best copies have come from a couple of collections and one source that is slowly leaking his hoard out. In all three cases the OO would visit multiple stores to pick up multiple pristine copies, just read one, then bag and board them.

Some of the LCSs are slowly pulling out their 80s backstock now with some beautiful copies also.

There is a local collector that is slowly selling his unread Thor #337 and up hoard. The books are mostly NM except for the few he stored improperly. My current 9.6 and 9.8 came from an earlier purchase from him.

Yes but I'm talking ubber high grade? I own a slabbed #257 but its only a 9.4 and I'm pretty sure it was the highest graded copy. If there are 9.6's or higher let me know because I'm buying.

Yes but I'm talking ubber high grade? I own a slabbed #257 but its only a 9.4 and I'm pretty sure it was the highest graded copy. If there are 9.6's or higher let me know because I'm buying.

My uber high grade FFs reside in my file LCS owner's basement along with most of the other common Canadian Newsstand variants I had. I included them in a large purge of non-key/non-hot stock last summer.