• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,876 posts in this topic

Made some nice scores on the weekend. A bunch of early Cheryl Blossom appreances ( all Canadian price variants) as well as some nice copies of some harder to find Archies, a Care Bears #1 and some ultra tough Whitman 75 cent variants from 1984.

162162.jpg.30f62a4158f74df22cd0a8b3f772b5a9.jpg

162163.jpg.20f99b50fb728f1ead922e0286f31476.jpg

BatAnnual10_zps4qtexxpo.jpg Bats400_zpspsb5egcf.jpg

Forgot one of my Annual 10's was a Canadian until I was flipping through my box the other day and this price stuck out like a sore thumb. I love those high-price, odd dollar-amount books and that Cowan cover is a stunner. The 400 was bought off the boards, only graded copy, so, obviously, the only 9.8. My bestest, most favoritest book :cloud9:

I have found that if you specify "Canadian Newsstand Price Variant" in the Pedigree space on your submission form they will label it properly. If not, due to the volume of books that CGC must fly through it tends to get missed.

Bats400_zpspsb5egcf.jpg

Forgot one of my Annual 10's was a Canadian until I was flipping through my box the other day and this price stuck out like a sore thumb. I love those high-price, odd dollar-amount books and that Cowan cover is a stunner. The 400 was bought off the boards, only graded copy, so, obviously, the only 9.8. My bestest, most favoritest book :cloud9:

I believe that was my #400. It came from a nice OO collection that has yielded a ton of 9.8 Canadian newsstands, BA #12, Bone #1 and other Copper keys. (thumbs u

They really just aren't interested in labeling those Thors correctly, are they? I've got a 337 I'd like to send back to get corrected, but it seems that this gets missed quite often.

I think if the submitter doesn't put it in their submission notes CGC doesn't bother to adjust the label.