• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,876 posts in this topic

A couple of recent returns from Sarasota that unfortunately were not labelled correctly:

cgcThor%20337cdn_zpsjihcsol6.jpg

How should this one be labeled? It's not a Canadian edition. Just the regular newsstand version.

A couple of recent returns from Sarasota that unfortunately were not labelled correctly:

How should this one be labeled? It's not a Canadian edition. Just the regular newsstand version.

US newsstand is 60 cents :gossip:

Just a mislabelled Canadian Price Variant.

Wow, with those color breaking spine ticks ( at least 3 )I have more faith

that I've submitted a lot more 9.8 candidates then I thought with

all my books at CGC.

Just a mislabelled Canadian Price Variant.

Wow, with those color breaking spine ticks ( at least 3 )I have more faith

that I've submitted a lot more 9.8 candidates then I thought with

all my books at CGC.

Seriously. I didn't even take a look at that book until I pulled it up up close through photobucket. Wow, have CGC's 9.8 standards fallen that far? It seems in the old days that would be a 9.4 at best.

Please tell me that's not a massive spine split in the middle of the book. :o

cgcNew%20Teen%20Titans%2044cdn_zps9hkmrt8w.jpg

It looks that way; but how can the split go past the edge of a comic?

That's a nice book BTW; I see so many Canadian price variants - always hold onto the 95 centers!

It looks that way; but how can the split go past the edge of a comic?

That's why I asked - it can either be a plastic cover providing the illusion or a spine crease + slight imperfection in the plastic artificially extending it.

I am not sure. I can check - it is either a spine ding or a scratch on the slab.

This was submitted during a softer grading period so my guess is that it is a spine ding......... :censored:

I am not sure. I can check - it is either a spine ding or a scratch on the slab.

This was submitted during a softer grading period so my guess is that it is a spine ding......... :censored:

Are you sure? I've scanned images of perfect cases and books in slabs that look like a spine ding/case crack but it's just the angle of the reflection of the image.

I'd look again but I've been into the single malt....

Looking at the image, it appears to be the combination of a spine crease and a scratch on the slab/scanner surface or, more likely, some plastic in between the inner well and slab case. It extends past the spine of the book in the scan.

Like I said, this was subbed during a weaker grading period.

Edited by kimik

I got this back from the CGC not so long ago, was really happy with the grade, as there are only 7 or 8 Canadian 9.8's on the census, then realised it was labled wrong, and therefore its probably not so rare after all :(

image.jpg