• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

speculators picks for the next upcomming week.

171 posts in this topic

I always chuckle at people who panic and sell too early, but people do it in all markets. Stocks, coins, metals, sports cards and comics alike.

Scared money never survives.

Not everyone can time the exact profit peak. No one should ever be ashamed of logging small profits.

True. Still people panic from time to time and a lot of them are not taking any profit with them. Clone and Todd are the 2 best examples I can think of because both were selling for about half to 3/4 of cover right before the big announcements. Nowhere Men is a recent example. It is back to normal levels since 6 came out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOWHERE-MEN-IMAGE-COMIC-NM-UNREAD-unopened-LOT-SET-1-2-3-4-5-6-all-Ist-PRINTS-/251366915092?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a86a2bc14

and is selling $20 to $35 more per set than it was a month or 2 ago.

I always chuckle at people who panic and sell too early, but people do it in all markets. Stocks, coins, metals, sports cards and comics alike.

Not everyone can time the exact profit peak. No one should ever be ashamed of logging small profits.

If you turned a respectable profit, no shame in that.

Sure, you may sell early for $20, and lose out if it hits $50. But if you paid $3-4 for it, you've made better margins than most businesses do. That's a win.

Sure, you may sell early for $20, and lose out if it hits $50. But if you paid $3-4 for it, you've made better margins than most businesses do. That's a win.

I agree with you agreeing with me.

I agree with you agreeing with me.

I agree with you agreeing with him. In fact I find everything in this quote agreeable. Wait....I'm still on the CGC boards right??? hm

That period where The Sixth Gun was breaking $100 for #1 and FCBD was a good time as well.

Paid for my entire SDCC trip (from FL) with a $15 investment into TSG #1s. (15 copies from the $1 bins - 9 at a local shop's $1 back issue room and 6 at a local convention.) It afforded my the opportunity to meet creators at SDCC that will never likely travel to FL.

I have a collectible shelf that has my SDCC Five Ghosts Set, The Jim Lee Batman sketch I got, some other Batman sketches I got done there, the Hasbro Boba Fett Black box and my last copy of TSG #1 FCBD (just so I remember how it all happened.)

Can't wait to watch TSG tv show this fall....

edit( I do love TSG, have all 5 volumes and most of the later issues raw.)

That is a cool story Bro ;-) :-P ... And the thing is if you wanted to fill back up on on TSG some time after the series has ended it is likely going to be very affordable. I converted most of my run into OA from the series which I am exceptionally happy with as a fan. In fact except for a few bits of tech the big wins have paid for stock or OA without using bank.

Agree with the others that the small wins are also still wins all the same.

I hope ToT, Clone, EoW, or Revival hit someday. I will be a happy camper for sure!

I only panicked with Bedlam and thank goodness I broke even at the time.

My biggest hit was Peter Panzerfaust. I think I hit $900-$1000 for 1-3 in 9.8. That afforded me my favorite piece of PP OA and a TWD page. :cloud9:

Another one of these threads.

Glorious.

I find modern comic speculation thrilling.

It is wildly fast paced, unforgiving & incredibly hard to do properly.

The book everyone will want this week:

WOLVERINE #11

MARVEL COMICS

(W) Paul Cornell (A/CA) Alan Davis

• With the world on the brink of viral apocalypse, Logan and Kitty Pryde face down the Thirteen Ninjas of Sabretooth's Hand!

• And that's not all - enter Lord Deathstrike and the Silver Samurai!

• It all comes to a head with one final moment that will change the face of Wolverine - forever! Blah, Blah blabidy Blah...

It will be hot for a short volatile window.

But ultimately the book to get that will have long term potential in my not so humble opinion is:

Uncanny_Avengers_Vol_1_5.jpg

Modern comics are the wellspring of the back issue market.

I'm speculating that the current Wolverine storyline is going to light the Apocalypse twins back issues on fire.

( but like, I said, modern comic speculation is unforgiving & incredibly hard to do properly. )

:0

http://marvel.wikia.com/Apocalypse_Twins_%28Earth-616%29

Actually...

NOBODY will want Wolverine #11

It blows...

Nothing happens.

I speculated wrong.

See. This is hard.

I cried Wol.....verine.

Glorious.

WOLVERINE #11

MARVEL COMICS

• With the world on the brink of viral apocalypse, Logan and Kitty Pryde face down the Thirteen Ninjas of Sabretooth's Hand!

• It all comes to a head with one final moment that will change the face of Wolverine - forever! Blah, Blah blabidy Blah...

But ultimately the book to get that will have long term potential in my not so humble opinion is:

I'm speculating that the current Wolverine storyline is going to light the Apocalypse twins back issues on fire.

( but like, I said, modern comic speculation is unforgiving & incredibly hard to do properly. )

Actually...

It blows...

Nothing happens.

I speculated wrong.

See. This is hard.

I cried Wol.....verine.

This might even make Uncanny X-force vol 1 even HOTTER?!

Glorious.

WOLVERINE #11

MARVEL COMICS

Actually...

It blows...

Nothing happens.

I speculated wrong.

See. This is hard.

I cried Wol.....verine.

This might even make Uncanny X-force vol 1 even HOTTER?!

So are people going to be upsat over the $9.99 its been bringing all day ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-11-X-Men-50th-Anniversary-Variant-NM-1st-Print-Killable-NOV-/111210894795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e4af95cb

Weigh in on what matter? A variant selling for $9.99 that includes free expedited shipping. After shipping and fees, they will be left with less than cover.

It's an anniversary cover also so people might want it for that reason and not because of the specualative contents of the issue.

Hmm, again seems like a thread full of winners.

So, where are the guys who bought the high priced items from you guys and are now staring at a pile of books that are nowhere near their peaks?

On other sites and not doing their homework lol

I thought you were getting out of moderns because of your location. Did you decide to jump back in ?

Edit. Aaron, I would guess most if not all of us have lost money on comics from time to time. They typically pay off but if I could guess right all of the time, I would quit my job tomorrow. I love comics and have since I started reading them. My love causes me to read a lot and that helps given idea what might and what might not be hot.

Weigh in on what matter? A variant selling for $9.99 that includes free expedited shipping. After shipping and fees, they will be left with less than cover.

It's an anniversary cover also so people might want it for that reason and not because of the specualative contents of the issue.

The variant was $2.59 each a couple of months ago and can still be bought for $3.39. I wasn't speaking to what the seller was or wasn't making just that people are willing to pay $10 for a book that has a $4 cover price and doesn't come out until tomorrow.

I'm not trying to be negative. Hope it didnt come off that way.

I am just not shocked by any modern variant selling for $9.99 shipped on eBay during the week it comes out. Some folks just don't have the information or time to research and preorder months in advance.