• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

not as serious as Outcast but pretty entertaining.

Now that's an excellent point. It was never meant to be dead-pan serious. The comic always dealt with issues in an adult, yet comedic way.

If you're looking for something like the Exorcist meets Schindler's List, this isn't the thing for you. If you're looking for wacky, zany, over-the-top adult situations and humor, then it's going to be your cup of tea.

New drinking game

Every time Krighton says Outcast. Have a drink :banana:

giphy.gif

New drinking game

Every time Krighton says Outcast. Have a drink :banana:

Dear God man - you trying to kill us.

The "unwatchable" comment is interesting. When someone says something like that in person my immediate response is to ask them what shows they do like.

Anyway, I can definitely see viewers with no preconceived idea concerning what is going on (they haven't read the comic) having a lot of questions... but then, raising questions like that is a core of what episodic storytelling is all about. They should be setting such hooks - if a viewer doesn't find the pilot episode hooks (the man flying to Florida and cutting out his own heart, the weird people on a plane with a vampire, the kid with an arse for a face, the exploding preachers, the people traveling to each of those sites) interesting... then they may have a good idea that this story won't be for them.

They honestly did a much better job than I thought they would, I was pretty 'meh' about the whole thing from the trailers, but I think they presented most things relatively well. There's definitely a list of things I would have changed, but overall... a solid B- from me.

I personally loved the show

haters gonna hate

Same here.

The first time I watched the pilot, I did have some misgivings.

I've watched it about 6 times now, definitely warmed up to it much more.

FWIW, according to what I read online, a new director took the reins on the fifth episode and upped the dark undertones considerably.From the sound of it, Cooper starts portraying Custer with a harder approach.

Dude that kicks !!

He was just so nice and beyond awesome. We went outside for a smoke break and he was telling me how he saw the Sex Pistols back in the day, Siouxie & The Banshee's first show, X-Ray Spex, and then about his old band Electric Pigs that he sang for in the late 70's. He said he gave it up after 3 gigs when he someone spit in his mouth haha.

You never know how these guys are gonna be when you meet them and I wasn't disappointed by a longshot

Gotta go back tomorrow

Dude that kicks !!

He was just so nice and beyond awesome. We went outside for a smoke break and he was telling me how he saw the Sex Pistols back in the day, Siouxie & The Banshee's first show, X-Ray Spex, and then about his old band Electric Pigs that he sang for in the late 70's. He said he gave it up after 3 gigs when he someone spit in his mouth haha.

You never know how these guys are gonna be when you meet them and I wasn't disappointed by a longshot

Gotta go back tomorrow

Fkcu me the guy has excellent taste in music. I saw Peter Murphy & Siouxe back in the 80s..

Nick Cave/Birthday Party, Tuxedomoon, The Residents.. Ahhhh I miss those days

This is before Goth, before industrial...

Wish I was chillin with you guys!