• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

You guys are being impatient, you're all like "When are they gonna do this and that?? It's a marathon not a sprint.

OK, when are they going to do something even similar to the comic book story?

Seth Rogen stated on Talking Preacher that the first season will end about where Preacher #1 picked up (obviously with a few caveats) so that they could establish his character as an actual Preacher, which they didn't really do in the comics. They are laying the groundwork character and story-wise for everything to come. I'm guessing season two is where they'll really get rolling with the comic story lines, though they have done quite a few things from the comics already, so I guess I'm not all that sure about where that comment came from.

I'm a bit surprised at the naysayers, but I'll continue to love the show, I'm guessing.

You guys are being impatient, you're all like "When are they gonna do this and that?? It's a marathon not a sprint.

I think its quite clear that we are not going to be getting anything close to the comic story. We are getting all of the same elements of the comic but we are not getting the same story.

The show seems almost afraid to let us know what the story is really going to be about. Some of the show plot is completely backwards as far as timing.

I've read quite a few forums about Outcast..

Love it

meh

Hate it

Cinemax? No thanks

Cinemax? Yes please, loved Banshee

Not scary enough

Too scary

Where's the plot

No demon of the week please

Where's the demons......

etc

etc

Seth Rogen stated on Talking Preacher that the first season will end about where Preacher #1 picked up (obviously with a few caveats) so that they could establish his character as an actual Preacher, which they didn't really do in the comics. They are laying the groundwork character and story-wise for everything to come. I'm guessing season two is where they'll really get rolling with the comic story lines, though they have done quite a few things from the comics already, so I guess I'm not all that sure about where that comment came from.

I'm a bit surprised at the naysayers, but I'll continue to love the show, I'm guessing.

Well, it all started when they cast a brunette for Tulip and seems to have snowballed from there.

I think its quite clear that we are not going to be getting anything close to the comic story. We are getting all of the same elements of the comic but we are not getting the same story.

The show seems almost afraid to let us know what the story is really going to be about. Some of the show plot is completely backwards as far as timing.

+1

You all must not have ever read Preacher or actually retained anything. The show is setting things up nicely and is great quality.

Preacher is in the top 3 of my all-time favorite comic book series.

The show isn't bad, but it's nowhere near as good as I was hoping it would be. It's slow, the pacing seems off and the changes to Tulip kinda kill the tone.

I'm going to keep watching & hope it gets better :wishluck:

You all must not have ever read Preacher or actually retained anything. The show is setting things up nicely and is great quality.

Preacher is in the top 3 of my all-time favorite comic book series.

The show isn't bad, but it's nowhere near as good as I was hoping it would be. It's slow, the pacing seems off and the changes to Tulip kinda kill the tone.

I'm going to keep watching & hope it gets better :wishluck:

This is pretty much where my head's at with the show as well.

You don't like the show we get it, go hate on another thread

I've got to say the nay no to this post. Why shouldn't people who don't like the show or are disappointed in it be able to propound their opinions?

As I said, I was completely lukewarm on the pilot, and haven't been able to muster up the desire to watch any of the later episodes. I like reading the pro and con posts so i can figure out whether I want to invest any more time, or maybe have my mind changed.

Prior restraint on someone's opinion because they are not a "good little cheerleader" is bogus.

Folks expecting this series to be "like the comic" or "follow the storyline" might want to tune in for next season. They've already established that this is going to be background and setup, interspersed with some of the concepts from the comic.

If you don't dig it because it's not following the storyline, eventually it'll play catch up.

I agree that Tulip sucks and that things are moving a bit slowly......but I really did like this last episode......it was funnier and I like how Jesse seems torn between the light and the dark with his newfound power. The fact that the angels seem to be using Cassidy as a go between is interesting as well.

I also now understand how they're handling the introduction of "other" characters like the Saint of Killers, Odin Quincannon and now Herr Starr. We saw Odin briefly in one episode, and it made almost no sense, but now they're showing him a bit more each time. I'm assuming the same thing is going to happen with Saint and Starr.....a brief glimpse with no explanation, then gradual expansion into the story.