• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Dude that kicks !!

He was just so nice and beyond awesome. We went outside for a smoke break and he was telling me how he saw the Sex Pistols back in the day, Siouxie & The Banshee's first show, X-Ray Spex, and then about his old band Electric Pigs that he sang for in the late 70's. He said he gave it up after 3 gigs when he someone spit in his mouth haha.

You never know how these guys are gonna be when you meet them and I wasn't disappointed by a longshot

Gotta go back tomorrow

Fkcu me the guy has excellent taste in music. I saw Peter Murphy & Siouxe back in the 80s..

Nick Cave/Birthday Party, Tuxedomoon, The Residents.. Ahhhh I miss those days

This is before Goth, before industrial...

Wish I was chillin with you guys!

We are now friends.

Dude that kicks !!

He was just so nice and beyond awesome. We went outside for a smoke break and he was telling me how he saw the Sex Pistols back in the day, Siouxie & The Banshee's first show, X-Ray Spex, and then about his old band Electric Pigs that he sang for in the late 70's. He said he gave it up after 3 gigs when he someone spit in his mouth haha.

You never know how these guys are gonna be when you meet them and I wasn't disappointed by a longshot

Gotta go back tomorrow

Sweet.

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting Fabry, later today, I shall bring the man a cold Guinness as a token of respect. (thumbs u

Awesome :applause:

Brought him a beer when I got there a bit after 12 and basically just hung out at his table all day talking. He had other sketches to do first and said that mine would be the last one before closing up.

When it was done he refused to take money for it and also gave me a Preacher and Punisher print for free.

Just an amazing guy! (thumbs u(thumbs u

Awesome :applause:

Brought him a beer when I got there a bit after 12 and basically just hung out at his table all day talking. He had other sketches to do first and said that mine would be the last one before closing up.

When it was done he refused to take money for it and also gave me a Preacher and Punisher print for free.

Just an amazing guy! (thumbs u(thumbs u

Great to hear a good story about him, always been a fan of his cover work. Especially his Cassidy covers.

Hate Tulip even more now Cassaday is the only character I like

Agree. Tulip's character doesn't make any sense.

I can't imagine watching this show without already having read the comic. I would think it would be impossible to follow.

The Tulip Jesse dynamic misses the mark completely.

Hate Tulip even more now Cassaday is the only character I like

Agree. Tulip's character doesn't make any sense.

I can't imagine watching this show without already having read the comic. I would think it would be impossible to follow.

The Tulip Jesse dynamic misses the mark completely.

So are we ever going to get their back story or is it a fill in the blanks story telling they are going for?

Wife couldn't handle the gore of the church scene.

At least next weeks episode it looks like Jesse does stuff other than get beat up or whine

I thought episode 2 was great!

It is only episode 2... We have several more issues for the history to be told. Seems like they were foreshadowing that this will happen.

Gore of the church scene was the same as several zombies attacking someone.

I like the show, but agree that for folks that have no background knowledge of the comic might find it confusing. I also think it's going a bit more slowly than anticipated. It seems like they're trying to build characters, but are taking longer than necessary IMHO.

I think the whole character development could have taken place in one 2 hour pilot, with flashbacks PRN.

Saint of Killers looks like he's going to be a badass when he starts tracking Jesse and the gang, tho.

I like the show, but agree that for folks that have no background knowledge of the comic might find it confusing. I also think it's going a bit more slowly than anticipated. It seems like they're trying to build characters, but are taking longer than necessary IMHO.

I think the whole character development could have taken place in one 2 hour pilot, with flashbacks PRN.

Saint of Killers looks like he's going to be a badass when he starts tracking Jesse and the gang, tho.

Ok, I have a question.....

I read the entire series, but it's been probably 4 years since I did so.

Are these characters ringing true to the book? I mean, beyond Cassidy?

Tulip is nothing like I remember her....not at all.

I thought episode 2 was great!

It is only episode 2... We have several more issues for the history to be told. Seems like they were foreshadowing that this will happen.

Gore of the church scene was the same as several zombies attacking someone.

Yeah she doesn't like walking dead's gore either lol.

The WD Pilot really set up Rick's character so perfectly we cared about him and his quest to find his family. Also Morgan was such a great character they brought him back.

Right now like I said I would prefer a Cassaday series by itself as he at least is cool.

They should have given Tulip's TV character a new name as it is not the same character at all so far.

The answer is both "yes" and "no". Jesse is coming across as a deeply conflicted guy that has alot of baggage and problems.

Cassidy is pretty much Cassidy.

Tulip doesn't resemble her comic incarnation, but I think that was intentional.

Arseface is definitely arseface.

We haven't seen enough of Odin Quincannon to really see if he's the same.

Saint of Killers brief introduction was good, but that was while he was alive....not the undead incarnation that we got to know and love in the comics.

The angels are definitely different, but once again I think that was intentional.

Clearly not a direct panel by panel adaptation of the comic. Absolutely retooled for a modern audience with modern sensibilities.....but STILL confusing and a bit slower than desirable.

Agreed they could have, WD's pilot is almost perfect in getting into a world and characters.

The answer is both "yes" and "no". Jesse is coming across as a deeply conflicted guy that has alot of baggage and problems.

Cassidy is pretty much Cassidy.

Tulip doesn't resemble her comic incarnation, but I think that was intentional.

Arseface is definitely arseface.

We haven't seen enough of Odin Quincannon to really see if he's the same.

Saint of Killers brief introduction was good, but that was while he was alive....not the undead incarnation that we got to know and love in the comics.

The angels are definitely different, but once again I think that was intentional.

Clearly not a direct panel by panel adaptation of the comic. Absolutely retooled for a modern audience with modern sensibilities.....but STILL confusing and a bit slower than desirable.

We know that these folks are Angels or SOK as such but new readers probably just are confused on who they are. This show isn't big on explanations or motives yet.