• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

You seem like a nice chap vaillant, but please, get off your sanctimonious high horse.

I’ve been horseriding only once, and I still have a nice memory of it, but won’t be trying again. :)

Horses or not, you have gotten my point. If it helps' the case at hand, someone could try to contact him, but it seems it’s easier to laugh. :baiting:

I don't recall laughing. ;)

And my point, which you should've gotten by now, is that you were simply reiterating what had already been said in somewhat patronizing terms.

Not to mention that you were judging other boardies who have dealt with, or have known, Mr. B for decades.

It's jolly nice of you stick your oar in, however redundant your contribution may have been. But in future before you rush to take a stand, either for or against anyone, I'd suggest you remind yourself that there is a vast, exhaustive amount of knowledge on this forum regarding every single player in the GA market.

Not to mention a search feature.

Way too harsh. Valiant appears to have been trying to effect some sort of solution/reconciliation/whatever here. It doesn't appear there is one short of BB starting to make amends by sending the pulps (if he still has them and the buyer still wants them) or refunding the money. Even then, this episode is a body blow to his reputation -- at least in my eyes -- unless he has some plausible explanation for what happened. If the facts are as they have been presented, a plausible explanation seems hard to conceive.

Precisely. But apparently goldust thinks one must know any given factual data in the world, and to an infinite depth, to exercise a simple act of empathy, or make a mere attempt of comprehension. And I take whatever stand I am pleased to, heck, I would have taken the same for you, if it was the case. And you know it. :)

As for Beerbohm, yes it seems very unfortunate, and at this point I agree with Sqeggs: since it seems you all know him so well, why not drop him an email or give him a phone call and present them with the case at hand?

As far as I am concerned, I repeat it’s easier to spit out sarcastic remarks than to take some useful action for any of the involved parties. Or not? :kidaround:

How can the cgc be upset with bob?

Try this thread, though I think some photos may have been deleted.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4018009&fpart=1

I can't see an All Star #8 without first looking to Hawkman's wrist because of this thread.

Bravo, Damonwad. I've been going apeshi7 trying to find that thread. :headbang:

I know Bob pretty well and would not accept that he's committed fraud like that from a first poster without hearing more. Matthew, if you're real and stung, apologies (please tell us more), but the web invites pseudo personas especially for dung casting.

Sounds like you're one of the few remaining who will tolerate him, Pat.

From what I've experienced, seen, and heard, he has been burning bridges for quite a while now.

Many respected Board members are unfortunately all too familiar with BLB's antics, and frankly the OP's story doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

+100, Centaur. You and I have a mutual friend that was one of the early comic shop owners. Beerbohm regularly bounced checks on him but he would eventually get his money after chasing Bob down. Bob's shop was a couple blocks away. One time Bob *begged* to write a check for some books he wanted bad. Our friend gave in one last time. When the check bounced he walked down to Bob's shop, pushed him aside, and ran Bob's register until he got his $$$ back for the bouncing check. :roflmao:

The trend goes back decades.

By the way, if he hasn't told you yet, ask him about the true story about the infamous van wreck back in the early days. Bob's "recollection" has evolved so much that it mightas well just be co-written by J.K. Rowling.

:hi: Jeff! Good to see you posting. :)

MIKE! How you been, Bro? I caught some sort of disease that left me totally disinterested in comics for a spell and I took a break. All's back to normal now, thankfully! Just in time to get to working on the Overstreet report. How have you and Donna been?

:hi: Jeff! Good to see you posting. :)

MIKE! How you been, Bro? I caught some sort of disease that left me totally disinterested in comics for a spell and I took a break. All's back to normal now, thankfully! Just in time to get to working on the Overstreet report. How have you and Donna been?

I'm glad things are back to normal. All is good here. Thanks for asking. :)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4018009&fpart=1

I can't see an All Star #8 without first looking to Hawkman's wrist because of this thread.

Bravo, Damonwad. I've been going apeshi7 trying to find that thread. :headbang:

(thumbs u

Another BLB engineered train wreck - I wonder why he deleted the photo showing the tub of glue and a tacking gun alongside the collection in his basement after CGC purple labeled the All Star #8 for glue at the bottom staple? hm

CGC bent over backwards to accommodate him, even after BLB attempted to extort $10,000 from them.

It just never ends with him...

Try this thread, though I think some photos may have been deleted..

You mean the photos showing glue and a tacking iron?

I think there was also another pic where someone spotted the touch up on Hawkman's wrist and called him out on it.

I know. But that won't stop the few true BLB believers out there who think we're just a bunch of meanies.

I guess they missed the part that some of us never want to speak with him again, so please stop asking someone else to do that. If the situation bothers them so much, then why don't they try to contact him.

I have a suggestion for the true BLB believers - put your faith and your money together and place a $3,600 order from his website.

BLB gets the money, Matthew gets promptly reimbursed, and you get museum-quality collectibles. It's a win-win!

I just love this hobby.

I know. But that won't stop the few true BLB believers out there who think we're just a bunch of meanies.

I guess they missed the part that some of us never want to speak with him again, so please stop asking someone else to do that. If the situation bothers them so much, then why don't they try to contact him.

I have a suggestion for the true BLB believers - put your faith and your money together and place a $3,600 order from his website.

BLB gets the money, Matthew gets promptly reimbursed, and you get museum-quality collectibles. It's a win-win!

I just love this hobby.

Perfectly stated

I just love this hobby.

I do not believe anybody extorted the CGC, they would have reported it to the FBI if bob had. He says his books were damage by the CGC due to somebody altering them. Who Knows????? Bob is not gonna ruin his own books.

Hey guys, I didn't mean to start a huge altercation here. That wasn't the point of a post. I'd just ask that anyone who is anyone don't do a deal with a guy who apparently their are dozen of horror stories about. It's got to be clear to you what kind of guy this really is at this point. For whatever reason he does this, he does it alot, and he has done it over a long period of time. You might have faith in him, but if you have faith in some of the other guys on here, you got to realize somethings up.

If you want to do anytihng to help me. (not that you know me, or owe me anything, as you don't), please tell anyone you do business regularly with to not do business with Bob, and if you can bare talking to the man, at least try to call him and get his side of the story, maybe encourage him to do the right thing? I don't hold up hope any more that I'll ever see that money or those books. But it would be really nice to just be pleasently surprised one day. His current phone number is 402-459-1709 to those of you who don't have it and are willing to try to help me out.

Just please stop taking shots at each other. Mmheady - I don't like you. And a decade earlier I would have ripped into you all night long just for fun. As it is now, I'm sorry. I was being immature. And regardless of your percieved behavior on my part, this is below me. I'm sorry. - M

Hey guys, I didn't mean to start a huge altercation here. That wasn't the point of a post. I'd just ask that anyone who is anyone don't do a deal with a guy who apparently their are dozen of horror stories about. It's got to be clear to you what kind of guy this really is at this point. For whatever reason he does this, he does it alot, and he has done it over a long period of time. You might have faith in him, but if you have faith in some of the other guys on here, you got to realize somethings up.

If you want to do anytihng to help me. (not that you know me, or owe me anything, as you don't), please tell anyone you do business regularly with to not do business with Bob, and if you can bare talking to the man, at least try to call him and get his side of the story, maybe encourage him to do the right thing? I don't hold up hope any more that I'll ever see that money or those books. But it would be really nice to just be pleasently surprised one day. His current phone number is 402-459-1709 to those of you who don't have it and are willing to try to help me out.

Just please stop taking shots at each other. Mmheady - I don't like you. And a decade earlier I would have ripped into you all night long just for fun. As it is now, I'm sorry. I was being immature. And regardless of your percieved behavior on my part, this is below me. I'm sorry. - M

You say " you don't like me"….yet you do not even know me. I do agree 100% to " I was being immature". That is the most correct statement you have placed on this board.

Let's not assume you could " ripped into me all night long"…..maybe for a min or two….all night no way…that would mean you would have to "hang with the big dogs"

and that is something you have yet to prove or show…..give it some time…25 to 50 years…

As far as calling Bob…I am gonna do that for you…not because I "like" you or don't but I want to get to the TRUTH. Hear both sides and make my final judgement.

Right now its you….99

% to 1%…I am gonna call him right now…..