• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Mitch, I've tried to remain sympathetic to Bob's situation, giving full weight to his family's health issues, but the mounting evidence of unacceptable business practices sure seems to outweigh the mitigating circumstances.

To be fair, I'm probably not be the best judge of Bob as a dealer having only had that one brief encounter with Beerbohm Charities, Inc. but, I'm requesting a powdered wig and black handkerchief from Flex Mentallo as I want to be ready when the verdict comes in.

What's wrong with the wig you are wearing?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :o

I'll have you know that that's a hair-loom. I'd leave it to you in my Will, but Flee Marquette might be needed to install it. :foryou:

I don't have enough hair to be jealous.

Unless BLB has concocted yet another fantasy scenario (which is certainly possible), I presume that conversation was about a The Atomic Submarine #1 lobby card.

After I filed the complaint with ebay - and provided them with the link to his re-listing of that same lobby card that BLB was claiming I had "stolen" from him - he suddenly ended the listing.

Strangely enough, the "stolen" item is - as of 1 minute ago - back up for sale in his ebay store. Go figure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOVIE-LOBBY-CARD-ATOMIC-SUBMARINE-1959-ALLIED-ARTISTS-/231097039758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ce74fb8e

Like I've said before, it never ends with him (just ask CGC).

Alzheimers?

Ah yes, the Alzheimers defense. I've already forgotten how that plea works. hm

Mitch, I've tried to remain sympathetic to Bob's situation, giving full weight to his family's health issues, but the mounting evidence of unacceptable business practices sure seems to outweigh the mitigating circumstances.

To be fair, I'm probably not be the best judge of Bob as a dealer having only had that one brief encounter with Beerbohm Charities, Inc. but, I'm requesting a powdered wig and black handkerchief from Flex Mentallo as I want to be ready when the verdict comes in.

What's wrong with the wig you are wearing?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :o

I'll have you know that that's a hair-loom. I'd leave it to you in my Will, but Flee Marquette might be needed to install it. :foryou:

I don't have enough hair to be jealous.

True, but where there's a WILL, there's a way. lol

Oh, you mean "The Nimzowitsch defense..."?

Buffy: Anya, tell them about the alternate universes.

Anya: Oh, okay. Um... say you really like shrimp a lot. Or we could say you don't like shrimp at all. "Blah, I wish there weren't any shrimp," you'd say to yourself —

Buffy: Stop! You're saying it wrong.

Buffy: I think that Jonathan may be doing something so that he's manipulating the world, and we're all like his pawns.

Anya: Or prawns.

Buffy: Stop with the shrimp! I am trying to do something here!

Oh, you mean "The Nimzowitsch defense..."?

Buffy: Anya, tell them about the alternate universes.

Anya: Oh, okay. Um... say you really like shrimp a lot. Or we could say you don't like shrimp at all. "Blah, I wish there weren't any shrimp," you'd say to yourself —

Buffy: Stop! You're saying it wrong.

Buffy: I think that Jonathan may be doing something so that he's manipulating the world, and we're all like his pawns.

Anya: Or prawns.

Buffy: Stop with the shrimp! I am trying to do something here!

Shemp only confuses the issue, stick with Curly. :kidaround:

Alzheimers?

No, this:

0bb97541-5cda-423e-8109-55dd9daac726_zpsf5df06d1.jpg

That's a towering inferno alright.

That was his old penthouse suite, I think he rebuilt in glass.