• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

cecil fielder is an american professionsal baseball player who was recently traded by the detroit tigers to the texas rangers; a "curve" is a pitch in said sport. i was just having a little fun with your "curve of unforgiveness" usage.

the "wouldn't of" and "could of" points were a dig at mitch, who cannot be made to understand correct grammar. i made the dig at mitch because, well, i can't help myself.

(thumbs u

(Although I don’t get the baseball joke in its extent, but anyway I know nothing about baseball).

Sharon: I saw of course you weren’t justifying his neglect, and his actions when those are not OK at all – just suggesting it might be worthy to insist in contacting him, and the few people which know him better and have had no argument with him here, could prove precious.

I know he is also a good friend of Alfredo Castelli, a renowned comics writer here, but I don’t know Castelli personally. Do you think it’s the case to bring this thread to Bob’s attention? Although I fear it would end up just in another quarrel… :(

I have talked with Beerbohm via email a few days ago, just because I wished to ask how his daugther was, now that the situation has settled.

When he replied my email he was glad to hear about my concern for his family, and he replied in full lenghth, but it’s always difficult to communicate.

While I am not intentioned to diminish the problem brooght to attention by Matthew42383, I must say that I agree with Dave (thehumantorch) and Sharon, based on the experience I have had with him. I believe he’s not doing this to behave dishonestly on purpose, and I am not saying he should be justified for – just trying to find a solution which could work for both parts.

I don’t think he changes his email (or ignores your emails) purposedly to avoid you, Matthew, I just think he’s still in quite a mess, and as Sharon said, when there’s long-accumulated confusion in your business practice, a series of unfortunate events, and a tendency to see yourself as quite prosecuted, it might become difficult to sort out even the simplest situations, repairing for one’s forgetfulnesses or wrongs. We must not forget that, as much nice people there were when he came here asking for help, there were a majority which kept attacking him roughly, without even trying to help him seeing his excesses and one-way interpretations so – yes – there are definitely always two facets to the problem.

Said this, although these things are deeply displeasing, I would insist in contacting him, maybe with the help of other members who know him, like Pat.

And I have to say that if one’s main concern is to help out in a situation of need, some additional understanding would not be out of place (this isn’t specifically directed to anyone, just a general remark). I, myself, had to give up buying two books from him, which I offered to buy to help out, because he wasn’t able to find them anymore.

From what I've experienced, seen, and heard, he has been burning bridges for quite a while now.

He may have been burning bridges, Steve, but how you, ciorac and others treated him in that discussion over the origins of the american comic book wasn’t exactly the best way to help rebuilding bridges, or show a little comprehension., on your part. :foryou: Buying/dealing is a thing, effort to comprehend and help is another.

And FYI I defended you, in the last email which we exchanged, because he is really convinced he has all the right, while he clearly has not, but he does not see it.

Again, I am not trying to defend Beerbohm’s bad behaviors, here, I am just saying that there are many ways to work on a situation before deciding on one’s "dishonesty" and upon legal prosecution or the like.

@Duffman_Comics: Thanks for the text formatting. (thumbs u

You seem like a nice chap vaillant, but please, get off your sanctimonious high horse.

You seem like a nice chap vaillant, but please, get off your sanctimonious high horse.

Yeah - that's my horse pardner!

I just haven't paid for it yet.

Consarn it!!

Well, I tried to consarn it, but Heritage said I'd have to boil it down for glue first.

lol

Consarn it!!

Well, I tried to consarn it, but Heritage said I'd have to boil it down for glue first.

lol

Then Claudio stole it. I loved that horse on account of it was so high

I have talked with Beerbohm via email a few days ago, just because I wished to ask how his daugther was, now that the situation has settled.

When he replied my email he was glad to hear about my concern for his family, and he replied in full lenghth, but it’s always difficult to communicate.

While I am not intentioned to diminish the problem brooght to attention by Matthew42383, I must say that I agree with Dave (thehumantorch) and Sharon, based on the experience I have had with him. I believe he’s not doing this to behave dishonestly on purpose, and I am not saying he should be justified for – just trying to find a solution which could work for both parts.

I don’t think he changes his email (or ignores your emails) purposedly to avoid you, Matthew, I just think he’s still in quite a mess, and as Sharon said, when there’s long-accumulated confusion in your business practice, a series of unfortunate events, and a tendency to see yourself as quite prosecuted, it might become difficult to sort out even the simplest situations, repairing for one’s forgetfulnesses or wrongs. We must not forget that, as much nice people there were when he came here asking for help, there were a majority which kept attacking him roughly, without even trying to help him seeing his excesses and one-way interpretations so – yes – there are definitely always two facets to the problem.

Said this, although these things are deeply displeasing, I would insist in contacting him, maybe with the help of other members who know him, like Pat.

And I have to say that if one’s main concern is to help out in a situation of need, some additional understanding would not be out of place (this isn’t specifically directed to anyone, just a general remark). I, myself, had to give up buying two books from him, which I offered to buy to help out, because he wasn’t able to find them anymore.

From what I've experienced, seen, and heard, he has been burning bridges for quite a while now.

He may have been burning bridges, Steve, but how you, ciorac and others treated him in that discussion over the origins of the american comic book wasn’t exactly the best way to help rebuilding bridges, or show a little comprehension., on your part. :foryou: Buying/dealing is a thing, effort to comprehend and help is another.

And FYI I defended you, in the last email which we exchanged, because he is really convinced he has all the right, while he clearly has not, but he does not see it.

Again, I am not trying to defend Beerbohm’s bad behaviors, here, I am just saying that there are many ways to work on a situation before deciding on one’s "dishonesty" and upon legal prosecution or the like.

Claudio, I was not defending him by saying he's disorganized. I think you misread my meaning.

Notice I put a link to the Federal Trade Commssion and suggested Postal fraud.

Being disorganized is not an excuse for keeping someone else's funds and not sending what you promised.

If you are too disorganized to send the books you are selling, don't TAKE the funds.

Right. Send what books remain, at least, then issue a partial refund.....or refund the whole amount. Takes two minutes. Reputation is everything in this business.

Claudio, I was not defending him by saying he's disorganized. I think you misread my meaning.

Notice I put a link to the Federal Trade Commssion and suggested Postal fraud.

Being disorganized is not an excuse for keeping someone else's funds and not sending what you promised.

If you are too disorganized to send the books you are selling, don't TAKE the funds.

Right. Send what books remain, at least, then issue a partial refund.....or refund the whole amount. Takes two minutes. Reputation is everything in this business.

not entirely true Bob, although it should be. There are those with very dubious reputations in this hobby that do quite well for themselves

Consarn it!!

lol

You've been quite high since you won that Planet 1. :baiting:

Consarn it!!

lol

Rather longer than that to be honest - but don't worry - before you know it I'll be back to my usual, boring, morbid self. Then I suppose you'll be happy!

Consarn it!!

lol

Rather longer than that to be honest - but don't worry - before you know it I'll be back to my usual, boring, morbid self. Then I suppose you'll be happy!

Yep. We miss that grumpy old miseryguts.

I paid for mine. But it hasn't shipped yet....I thought Shetland ponies could fit in a mini-van? (shrug)

I paid for mine. But it hasn't shipped yet....I thought Shetland ponies could fit in a mini-van? (shrug)

Hmm let me chew that over...

:idea:

Ahem, you're confusing my sanctimonious nature with my short-legged intellect!

Ha, take that, Bembridge scholars.

Hmm let me chew that over...

:idea:

Ahem, you're confusing my sanctimonious nature with my short-legged intellect!

Ha, take that, Bembridge scholars.

Nothing of the sort. Short legs make the trip last longer.