• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Bob Beerbohm is a literal piece of mess. So is Mitch Mehdy aka Saul Goodman defending him (I believe they got their law degrees at the same school).

Beerbohm ripped and pissed me off so many times at cons over the last 10 years I've lost count. Never buy a raw comic from that SOB.

Mitch,

Never once was Matt a crybaby, he just stated his case and you went on the attack, even after I PM'd you and shared the facts. You are on your own with this one.

BTW: Not always does it matter whether a person has one post or ten thousand, as it is not the quantity of posts, but rather the honesty, integrety, and intelligence in them.

Dwight

OK, I'll be gentle as it seems you are new to the interwebs..

What you posted is a WALL OF TEXT. Very few people are going to wade through it, which means your points are going to be "lost".

I am going to help you by doing what you should have done in the first place -

editing your post.

Sorry Dwight. I didn't mean to drag you further into this so much as state the facts on the boards here.

When Mmhedy started really going on the attack path without letting me explain myself at all, I just defaulted and told everyone to ask you if I'm real. Like I said guys. This guy has stolen from me.

To Mmheady your questions

1. Because I like to buy pulps behind the scenes. Most of that 22,000 in feedback is from selling non-pulps. I don't tend to sell them anymore. Most of it is from selling appliances and electronic accessories. I never bothered signing up on the board because I had no reason to talk to any of you.

Don't take offense.

It's just that I'm introverted. I tend to buy pulps more than I enjoy conversation about them. And I've been aware of the board for about a year and a half. But when you have a guy who has done what Bob does, even though I'm sure Bob will continue down this track and I wont see my money again, I do like to make sure he doesn't do it to other people.

Lastly, instead of doing the whole equivocating "claim" thing you seem to be fond of, and is clear that you keep falling back on, why instead of flinging continuing questions at my credibility, why don't you just pm me through ebay.

-OR call up Bob and ask him. I'm sure he'll at least say something about it, even if he doesn't admit to the transaction (which I've already proven on these boards took place).

2. If you look through the pages of this post, I first copy and pasted a paypal transaction showing the deal, and when that wasn't good enough, I have already posted a screen shot of it again. It shows payment. It shows who it was to. It shows what is was for. Everything you want. Unless you think I have the ability to hack paypal, this question is moot.

3.He said he had misplaced the book and would mail it along with the others. At first the guy was perfect with communication. Courteous. Apologetic. And he loves weaving tales about his woes. When he used the right names for reference (because I did business with them to on a regular basis), I felt there was absolutely nothing to worry about.

Basically he traded on his daughter's story, and his three decades old car crash (which sounded as if it happened last week when he told me about it), some sort of nearing surgery for something else that was to save his life (it got confusing here trying to follow him and my eyes glazed over a little) and most importantly some of your reputations, in order to make the deal. And yes he's still selling on eBay.

He ignores all my calls, emails, messages through eBay, and texts now. He even changed his number to one where he lets the mailbox get full (but I'm unaware if it's to dodge me, or for other reasons).

As a lawyer mmhedy (as I'm almost certain you are one at this point by the wording of your texts, even though I know nothing about you), instead of trying to convince the jury of your peer group here that I'm a fishy suspect with eyebrows like Groucho Marx and hunched over like "I spy"., talk to your friend....ahem client. *cough*, and see what he has to say about it?

If I seem to be a little harsh at this point, that's purposeful. If you have a question to ask that hasn't already been asked and answered, shoot. I'll do my best to answer it. But continuing attacks like this should be below you as a mature adult. Thank you for your consideration. - M

Don't thank me. Happy to help.

Bob Beerbohm is a literal piece of mess. So is Mitch Mehdy aka Saul Goodman defending him (I believe they got their law degrees at the same school).

Beerbohm ripped and pissed me off so many times at cons over the last 10 years I've lost count. Never buy a raw comic from that SOB.

Mitch,

Never once was Matt a crybaby, he just stated his case and you went on the attack, even after I PM'd you and shared the facts. You are on your own with this one.

BTW: Not always does it matter whether a person has one post or ten thousand, as it is not the quantity of posts, but rather the honesty, integrety, and intelligence in them.

Dwight

Uh oh.........only one post count.......how, oh how, are we to take this seriously?!? :ohnoez:

I have talked with Beerbohm via email a few days ago, just because I wished to ask how his daugther was, now that the situation has settled.

When he replied my email he was glad to hear about my concern for his family, and he replied in full lenghth, but it’s always difficult to communicate.

While I am not intentioned to diminish the problem brooght to attention by Matthew42383, I must say that I agree with Dave (thehumantorch) and Sharon, based on the experience I have had with him. I believe he’s not doing this to behave dishonestly on purpose, and I am not saying he should be justified for – just trying to find a solution which could work for both parts.

I don’t think he changes his email (or ignores your emails) purposedly to avoid you, Matthew, I just think he’s still in quite a mess, and as Sharon said, when there’s long-accumulated confusion in your business practice, a series of unfortunate events, and a tendency to see yourself as quite prosecuted, it might become difficult to sort out even the simplest situations, repairing for one’s forgetfulnesses or wrongs. We must not forget that, as much nice people there were when he came here asking for help, there were a majority which kept attacking him roughly, without even trying to help him seeing his excesses and one-way interpretations so – yes – there are definitely always two facets to the problem.

Said this, although these things are deeply displeasing, I would insist in contacting him, maybe with the help of other members who know him, like Pat.

And I have to say that if one’s main concern is to help out in a situation of need, some additional understanding would not be out of place (this isn’t specifically directed to anyone, just a general remark). I, myself, had to give up buying two books from him, which I offered to buy to help out, because he wasn’t able to find them anymore.

From what I've experienced, seen, and heard, he has been burning bridges for quite a while now.

He may have been burning bridges, Steve, but how you, ciorac and others treated him in that discussion over the origins of the american comic book wasn’t exactly the best way to help rebuilding bridges, or show a little comprehension., on your part. :foryou: Buying/dealing is a thing, effort to comprehend and help is another.

And FYI I defended you, in the last email which we exchanged, because he is really convinced he has all the right, while he clearly has not, but he does not see it.

Again, I am not trying to defend Beerbohm’s bad behaviors, here, I am just saying that there are many ways to work on a situation before deciding on one’s "dishonesty" and upon legal prosecution or the like.

@Duffman_Comics: Thanks for the text formatting. (thumbs u

I have talked with Beerbohm via email a few days ago, just because I wished to ask how his daugther was, now that the situation has settled.

When he replied my email he was glad to hear about my concern for his family, and he replied in full lenghth, but it’s always difficult to communicate.

While I am not intentioned to diminish the problem brooght to attention by Matthew42383, I must say that I agree with Dave (thehumantorch) and Sharon, based on the experience I have had with him. I believe he’s not doing this to behave dishonestly on purpose, and I am not saying he should be justified for – just trying to find a solution which could work for both parts.

I don’t think he changes his email (or ignores your emails) purposedly to avoid you, Matthew, I just think he’s still in quite a mess, and as Sharon said, when there’s long-accumulated confusion in your business practice, a series of unfortunate events, and a tendency to see yourself as quite prosecuted, it might become difficult to sort out even the simplest situations, repairing for one’s forgetfulnesses or wrongs. We must not forget that, as much nice people there were when he came here asking for help, there were a majority which kept attacking him roughly, without even trying to help him seeing his excesses and one-way interpretations so – yes – there are definitely always two facets to the problem.

Said this, although these things are deeply displeasing, I would insist in contacting him, maybe with the help of other members who know him, like Pat.

And I have to say that if one’s main concern is to help out in a situation of need, some additional understanding would not be out of place (this isn’t specifically directed to anyone, just a general remark). I, myself, had to give up buying two books from him, which I offered to buy to help out, because he wasn’t able to find them anymore.

From what I've experienced, seen, and heard, he has been burning bridges for quite a while now.

He may have been burning bridges, Steve, but how you, ciorac and others treated him in that discussion over the origins of the american comic book wasn’t exactly the best way to help rebuilding bridges, or show a little comprehension., on your part. :foryou: Buying/dealing is a thing, effort to comprehend and help is another.

And FYI I defended you, in the last email which we exchanged, because he is really convinced he has all the right, while he clearly has not, but he does not see it.

Again, I am not trying to defend Beerbohm’s bad behaviors, here, I am just saying that there are many ways to work on a situation before deciding on one’s "dishonesty" and upon legal prosecution or the like.

Not sure how or why you've dragged me into this. If you are talking about the Obadiah vs Superman thread from years ago, yes I debated with Bob and Steve Meyer for a couple of weeks in that thread. It was fun. They were wrong in their assertions about Obadiah supplanting Superman in importance. I felt obliged to point that out to them. Meyer eventually conceded

On the origins side, simply a difference of opinion. I don't see how debating Bob is treating him badly. He likes to debate as well. We have had political debates as well, I don't see those as attacks.

So, please don't characterize my treatment of him as being anything other than that.

Not sure how or why you've dragged me into this. If you are talking about the Obadiah vs Superman thread from years ago, yes I debated with Bob and Steve Meyer for a couple of weeks in that thread. It was fun. They were wrong in their assertions about Obadiah supplanting Superman in importance. I felt obliged to point that out to them. Meyer eventually conceded

On the origins side, simply a difference of opinion. I don't see how debating Bob is treating him badly. He likes to debate as well. We have had political debates as well, I don't see those as attacks.

So, please don't characterize my treatment of him as being anything other than that.

I just felt the general tone of the conversation, William, and you can’t say it was SO nice… :)

Of course, this wasn’t directed as you, not much as it could be directed to David Merryweather (which also was discussing with him). And I am not saying Bob was being so nice, either.

Let's hear from him! What happened here, Robert?

If history repeats itself (yet once again), here's how it likely will play out...

1) Start with a visual sympathy cue, say a picture of a loved one in the hospital.

2) Regale the audience with a rambling tale or two.

3) Perform a razzle-dazzle magic show, complete with smoke-and-mirrors.

4) Post a picture of yourself smiling with a dearly departed hobby celebrity.

5) Then after you've garnished enough sympathy and boosted waning credibility enough to dupe others.... wait for it... a polite plea to visit the ebay store.

Get your seats early ladies and gentlemen, it promises to be quite a show.

That’s what I meant. :sick:

If history repeats itself (yet once again), here's how it likely will play out...

1) Start with a visual sympathy cue, say a picture of a loved one in the hospital.

5) Then after you've garnished enough sympathy and boosted waning credibility enough to dupe others.... wait for it... a polite plea to visit the ebay store.

Yep, we've seen that before...

bedrock is at a show in austin, and when i spoke to him yesterday, we talked about the goings-on in the beerbohm thread. i brought him up to speed with dwight's input, etc., but told him we were still waiting on 1 precinct---he asked what i meant, and i told him vaillant had not been put on the stand by the defense yet.

guys and gals, i don't mean to disabuse you of any sympathy or other kindly feelings you may have for bob [and as someone who has traversed the minefields of child-health crises, i feel for him as well], but this "he's not doing this to you on purpose, matthew, he's just unorganized" is a joke. please check the link below for the transactions he has somehow been able to get organized enough to successfully navigate from beginning to end over the 7 months he has ignored/stiffed the op.

c'mon, man!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=blbcomics&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=390700927339&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

I just felt the general tone of the conversation, William, and you can’t say it was SO nice… :)

Of course, this wasn’t directed as you, not much as it could be directed to David Merryweather (which also was discussing with him). And I am not saying Bob was being so nice, either.

That’s what I meant. :sick:

Truth hurts.

guys and gals, i don't mean to disabuse you of any sympathy or other kindly feelings you may have for bob [and as someone who has traversed the minefields of child-health crises, i feel for him as well], but this "he's not doing this to you on purpose, matthew, he's just unorganized" is a joke. please check the link below for the transactions he has somehow been able to get organized enough to successfully navigate from beginning to end over the 7 months he has ignored/stiffed the op.

c'mon, man!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=blbcomics&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=390700927339&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

No one is questioning these things, Bill. :)

And I don’t know Bob personally, in fact I never heard of him (or just by name) before he came here in search of help.

But the fact one behaves in a certain way does not exhaust the complexity of one’s own motivations. Going by this line of thought, there would always been the same curve of unforgiveness, which would ultimately lead to subjective judgement overthrowing objective judgement.

No one says it’s legit to behave like he did, but these things do not help at all. Neither him or those who believe they hold some absolute form of judgment on the others' behavior, forgetting that there is always a big difference between judging a behavior and judging the person. The person is sacred, no matter how bad he behaves.

And no, Buttock, this is not the "truth", by any means.

Sorry Dwight. I didn't mean to drag you further into this so much as state the facts on the boards here. When Mmheady started really going on the attack path without letting me explain myself at all, I just defaulted and told everyone to ask you if I'm real. Like I said guys. This guy has stolen from me. To Mmheady your questions 1. Because I like to buy pulps behind the scenes. Most of that 22,000 in feedback is from selling non-pulps. I dont tend to sell them anymore. Most of it is from selling appliances and electronic accessories. I never bothered signing up on the board because I had no reason to talk to any of you. Don't take offense. It's just that I'm introverted. I tend to buy pulps more then I enjoy conversation about them. And I've been aware of the board for about a year and a half. But when you have a guy who has done what Bob does, even though I'm sure Bob will continue down this track and I wont see my money again, I do like to make sure he doesn't do it to other people. Lastly, instead of doing the whole equivocating "claim" thing you seem to be fond of, and is clear that you keep falling back on, why instead of flinging continuing questions at my credibility, why don't you just pm me through ebay. OR call up Bob and ask him. I'm sure he'll at least say something about it, even if he doesn't admit to the transaction (which I've already proven on these boards took place). 2. If you look through the pages of this post, I first copy and pasted a paypal transaction showing the deal, and when that wasn't good enough, I have already posted a screen shot of it again. It shows payment. It shows who it was to. It shows what is was for. Everything you want. Unless you think I have the ability to hack paypal, this question is moot. 3.He said he had misplaced the book and would mail it along with the others. At first the guy was perfect with communication. Courteous. Apologetic. And he loves weaving tales about his woes. When he used the right names for reference (because I did business with them to on a regular basis), I felt there was absolutely nothing to worry about. Basically he traded on his daughter's story, and his three decades old car crash (which sounded as if it happened last week when he told me about it), some sort of nearing surgery for something else that was to save his life (it got confusing here trying to follow him and my eyes glazed over a little) and most importantly some of your reputations, in order to make the deal. And yes he's still selling on ebay. He ignores all my calls, emails, messages through ebay, and texts now. He even changed his number to one where he lets the mailbox get full (but I'm unaware if it's to dodge me, or for other reasons). As a lawyer mmheady (as I'm almost certain you are one at this point by the wording of your texts, even though I know nothing about you), instead of trying to convince the jury of your peer group here that I'm a fishy suspect with eyebrows like Groucho Marx and hunched over like "I spy"., talk to your friend....ahem client. *cough*, and see what he has to say about it? If I seem to be a little harsh at this point, that's purposeful. If you have a question to ask that hasn't already been asked and answered, shoot. I'll do my best to answer it. But continuuing attacks like this should be below you as a mature adult. Thank you for your consideration. - M

Matt, Matthew, M, or Rookie......

If you think you can come into this fourm and post ONE TIME and accuse a 40 year historic collector/ dealer of fraud....a criminal offense....and not get asked some tough questions and then CRYBABY about it in the above post, then you have a lesson to learn ...."Sonny"

Let me begin by saying..".I believe you" ...NOW.... At no time did I attack you on a personal basis, you took it that way because of a lack of experience on this board and the high standard that members' post are held to, But since you are a newbe, and you were not aware of all of the tricksters, pressers, flippers, liars, etc on this board as well as in you life I am gonna give you a pass this time.

Bob is not a friend of mine, but I have know him for many many years and I want to set the record straight as far as I am concerned. He has never stolen, committed fraud or anything else in the dealing that I have had with him in the last 30-35 years. That is a lot of history.

I am not ,however, Bob's babysitter. It appears that Bob needs to "man" up and return the money plus interest or send all the books and still give a refund of some sort for al the trouble he caused you. I hope he does for everybody.

You treated me in your post, like Bob treated you.......less than a mature man...you called it.......time to grow up.... "Sonny"

lol

c'mon, man!

No one is questioning these things, Bill. :)

And I don’t know Bob personally, in fact I never heard of him (or just by name) before he came here in search of help.

But the fact one behaves in a certain way does not exhaust the complexity of one’s own motivations. Going by this line of thought, there would always been the same curve of unforgiveness, which would ultimately lead to subjective judgement overthrowing objective judgement.

No one says it’s legit to behave like he did, but these things do not help at all. Neither him or those who believe they hold some absolute form of judgment on the others' behavior, forgetting that there is always a big difference between judging a behavior and judging the person. The person is sacred, no matter how bad he behaves.

And no, Buttock, this is not the "truth", by any means.

detroit "wouldn't of" traded fielder if he "could of" [for you, mitch] hit that pitch more consistently.

Sorry Dwight. I didn't mean to drag you further into this so much as state the facts on the boards here. When Mmheady started really going on the attack path without letting me explain myself at all, I just defaulted and told everyone to ask you if I'm real. Like I said guys. This guy has stolen from me. To Mmheady your questions 1. Because I like to buy pulps behind the scenes. Most of that 22,000 in feedback is from selling non-pulps. I dont tend to sell them anymore. Most of it is from selling appliances and electronic accessories. I never bothered signing up on the board because I had no reason to talk to any of you. Don't take offense. It's just that I'm introverted. I tend to buy pulps more then I enjoy conversation about them. And I've been aware of the board for about a year and a half. But when you have a guy who has done what Bob does, even though I'm sure Bob will continue down this track and I wont see my money again, I do like to make sure he doesn't do it to other people. Lastly, instead of doing the whole equivocating "claim" thing you seem to be fond of, and is clear that you keep falling back on, why instead of flinging continuing questions at my credibility, why don't you just pm me through ebay. OR call up Bob and ask him. I'm sure he'll at least say something about it, even if he doesn't admit to the transaction (which I've already proven on these boards took place). 2. If you look through the pages of this post, I first copy and pasted a paypal transaction showing the deal, and when that wasn't good enough, I have already posted a screen shot of it again. It shows payment. It shows who it was to. It shows what is was for. Everything you want. Unless you think I have the ability to hack paypal, this question is moot. 3.He said he had misplaced the book and would mail it along with the others. At first the guy was perfect with communication. Courteous. Apologetic. And he loves weaving tales about his woes. When he used the right names for reference (because I did business with them to on a regular basis), I felt there was absolutely nothing to worry about. Basically he traded on his daughter's story, and his three decades old car crash (which sounded as if it happened last week when he told me about it), some sort of nearing surgery for something else that was to save his life (it got confusing here trying to follow him and my eyes glazed over a little) and most importantly some of your reputations, in order to make the deal. And yes he's still selling on ebay. He ignores all my calls, emails, messages through ebay, and texts now. He even changed his number to one where he lets the mailbox get full (but I'm unaware if it's to dodge me, or for other reasons). As a lawyer mmheady (as I'm almost certain you are one at this point by the wording of your texts, even though I know nothing about you), instead of trying to convince the jury of your peer group here that I'm a fishy suspect with eyebrows like Groucho Marx and hunched over like "I spy"., talk to your friend....ahem client. *cough*, and see what he has to say about it? If I seem to be a little harsh at this point, that's purposeful. If you have a question to ask that hasn't already been asked and answered, shoot. I'll do my best to answer it. But continuuing attacks like this should be below you as a mature adult. Thank you for your consideration. - M

Matt, Matthew, M, or Rookie......

If you think you can come into this fourm and post ONE TIME and accuse a 40 year historic collector/ dealer of fraud....a criminal offense....and not get asked some tough questions and then CRYBABY about it in the above post, then you have a lesson to learn ...."Sonny"

Let me begin by saying..".I believe you" ...NOW.... At no time did I attack you on a personal basis, you took it that way because of a lack of experience on this board and the high standard that members' post are held to, But since you are a newbe, and you were not aware of all of the tricksters, pressers, flippers, liars, etc on this board as well as in you life I am gonna give you a pass this time.

Bob is not a friend of mine, but I have know him for many many years and I want to set the record straight as far as I am concerned. He has never stolen, committed fraud or anything else in the dealing that I have had with him in the last 30-35 years. That is a lot of history.

I am not ,however, Bob's babysitter. It appears that Bob needs to "man" up and return the money plus interest or send all the books and still give a refund of some sort for al the trouble he caused you. I hope he does for everybody.

You treated me in your post, like Bob treated you.......less than a mature man...you called it.......time to grow up.... "Sonny"

You've been on here for two years and only have just over 2000 posts - that's pretty lazy don't you think?

detroit "wouldn't of" traded fielder if he "could of" [for you, mitch] hit that pitch more consistently.

If you try to express yourself more clearly, maybe I could understand.

Remember that english is not my first language (and I have considerable difficulties expressing myself, no matter how it might appear), please. :foryou:

Claudio, I was not defending him by saying he's disorganized. I think you misread my meaning.

Notice I put a link to the Federal Trade Commssion and suggested Postal fraud.

Being disorganized is not an excuse for keeping someone else's funds and not sending what you promised.

If you are too disorganized to send the books you are selling, don't TAKE the funds.

If you try to express yourself more clearly, maybe I could understand.

Remember that english is not my first language (and I have considerable difficulties expressing myself, no matter how it might appear), please. :foryou:

cecil fielder is an american professional baseball player who was recently traded by the detroit tigers to the texas rangers; a "curve" is a pitch in said sport. i was just having a little fun with your "curve of unforgiveness" usage.

the "wouldn't of" and "could of" points were a dig at mitch, who cannot be made to understand correct grammar. i made the dig at mitch because, well, i can't help myself.