• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Here's proof that there was a transaction and that I sent the money. I realize potentially I could just type the thing up from scratch myself, but unless you work with paypal, I can't really prove that unique transaction id is legitimate. Sorry, I made a mistake on dates. It was May the money was sent. April had been another transaction (for one pulp that he misplaced and the transaction was cancelled on). So it's 6 months, not 7.5 like I had thought.

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 9BS01159T4172452F)

Business Name:

BLBcomics (The recipient of this payment is Unverified)

Email:

beerbohmrl@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.BLBcomics.com

Customer Service Email:

Orders@BLBcomics.com

Customer Service Phone:

402-459-1709

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount sent:

-$3,600.00 USD

Fee amount:

$0.00 USD

Net amount:

-$3,600.00 USD

Date:

May 31, 2013

Time:

10:13:59 CDT

Completed

Subject:

You have sent $3,600.00 USD to BLBcomics with PayPal

Note:

For 341 Pulp magazines shipped to: Matthew King 712 Main Apt #1 Westbrook, ME 04092 Delivery to be between June 13th and June 17th

Funding Type:

PayPal Balance

Funding Source:

$3,600.00 USD - PayPal Account

What happened?

I ask because usually EBay and PayPal are buyer friendly, and go right after sellers who don`t perform. EBay is real good at going after sellers who don`t send items.

A suggestion in the future is if somebody doesn`t send the item you bought within three weeks is file a EBay/PayPal claim. I don`t care if the book is $300 or $3000.

Next question is have you tried your credit card company to see what they could do?

I hope you and Bob Beerbohm can settle this.

:wishluck:

Seems legit to me.

Me, too, unfortunately. I've had an occasional minor problem with BB, along the lines of "I know I have that book somewhere, give me a few more days to find it" but overall I've had good experiences dealing with him all the way back to the early 1970s.

What happened?

I ask because usually EBay and PayPal are buyer friendly, and go right after sellers who don`t perform. EBay is real good at going after sellers who don`t send items.

A suggestion in the future is if somebody doesn`t send the item you bought within three weeks is file a EBay/PayPal claim. I don`t care if the book is $300 or $3000.

Next question is have you tried your credit card company to see what they could do?

I hope you and Bob Beerbohm can settle this.

:wishluck:

In the first thread where this started (the "I'll pound you to a 'pulp'..." thread), the OP indicates that Beerbohm kept delaying by telling him stories about his daughter with cancer, all while promising to complete the sale. The OP thought Beerbohm was acting in good faith and, out of sympathy for the cancer situation, agreed to let Beerbohm delay the shipment. It sounds like this happened until the 3-month mark when most of PayPal's buyer protections evaporate.

It is easy to go from here to say the OP should have covered his better, which is true, but it doesn't negate the fact that he is (apparently) the victim of fraud/theft to the tune of a whopping $3,600.

Beerbohm currently appears to be actively selling on eBay. Let's hear from him! What happened here, Robert? Has anybody here attempted to contact him and ask his side of the story?

I have also had trouble reaching Bob to complete our transaction. With his daughter's situation, I thought it was Stevens Johnson an alergic reaction to penicilian not cancer, I sent him a check much earlier in the year. Based on his rep and inventory I thought it was safe.

I spoke to him in july, but he was too busy to work on the transaction. I have tried several ti es to reach him via pm, email, linkedin but no response.

I was not overly concerned until I saw this thread

Finally, somebody that agrees with me......

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in awhile.

Left or right?

>>>>>>>>>>Mr_Peanut.gif

[font:Times New Roman]Judging from Mitch's posts, he does have the cojones. Alas, Bob seems to be a mixed bag.[/font]

[font:Times New Roman]Saltiness (expertise) is no guarantee of good taste in the great shell game of life and freshness is dated.[/font] :preach:

hate to say it, but legal action might be the wisest course at this point (shrug)

i wonder if, in the forum it will be pursued, they recognize the affirmative defense of: "too busy, in conferences with museums who want to display my inventory, to mail books to customers that have already bought and paid for them."

Here's the thing. A man finds his daughter is very ill and he cant cover the medical expenses. So he puts out a plea and is overwhelmed with responses he simply cant handle because of all the stress he is coping with. He spends the money on healthcare. He starts receiving messages from buyers who've not received their items, but he doesn't have time to find the books, let alone get them packaged up. His daughter gets worse, he needs more money, engages in even more transactions, and little by little, he loses touch with all the arrangements and deals he's made. Without quite realising it, he becomes overwhelmed, cant cope, stops replying. Emotionally he short circuits. He thinks, my daughter is dying, what is the cost of that relative to some comic books? And then he really starts going downhill from there.

I'm not saying that the above is true. I don't know Bob. He doesn't sound easy to like unless you've known him as long as Mitch has. Pace Mitch, I'm not infradig this time.

But the alternative is that Beerbohm has used his daughter's illness to cover business debts he is still struggling with. Essentially, that would fit the definition of psychopathology.

Variations on the above themes are almost infinite. None may be true - I don't know that his daughter is actually dying - they are just suppositions based on available information.

I greatly sympathise with Matthew and I hope the matter is resolved for his sake.

And I don't have a daughter, cant imagine what it would be like. Could you?

Matt, due to a priviate message I have received from a top board member it appears that you are not a fake poster.

I do have 3 important questions just to put to bed once and for all this terrible tale of a sale gone wrong.

1-You have claimed to have done 20,000 transactions on e-bay…why after all these years have you not posted on this board and you must of been aware of its existence, why now??? and why have you waited…..what is the real story???

2- Do you possess a" smoking gun" email from bob or receipt from him that you can put on the boards….after 20K ebay transactions I don't want to hear that you cannot put one image on this board.

3- you indicated that you had a transaction cancelled for him before…why then send him $3600????????

Please answer these questions

Matt, due to a priviate message I have received from a board member it appears that you are not a fake poster.

I do have 3 important questions just to put to bed once and for all this terrible tale of a sale gone wrong.

1-You have claimed to have done 20,000 transactions on e-bay…why after all these years have you not posted on this board and you must of been aware of its existence, why now??? and why have you waited…..what is the real story???

2- Do you possess a" smoking gun" email from bob or receipt from him that you can put on the boards….after 20K ebay transactions I don't want to hear that you cannot put one image on this board.

3- you indicated that you had a transaction cancelled for him before…why then send him $3600????????

Please answer these questions

No Mitch, that is quite wrong. Dont kill the messenger, who is out $3600. You want to defend a friend, and that is honorable, but these are Straw man arguments, and I don't mean Billy Parker (who is anything but a "Straw man"!!)

Please see my previous post.

Here's the thing. A man finds his daughter is very ill and he cant cover the medical expenses. So he puts out a plea and is overwhelmed with responses he simply cant handle because of all the stress he is coping with. He spends the money on healthcare. He starts receiving messages from buyers who've not received their items, but he doesn't have time to find the books, let alone get them packaged up. His daughter gets worse, he needs more money, engages in even more transactions, and little by little, he loses touch with all the arrangements and deals he's made. Without quite realising it, he becomes overwhelmed, cant cope, stops replying. Emotionally he short circuits. He thinks, my daughter is dying, what is the cost of that relative to some comic books? And then he really starts going downhill from there.

I'm not saying that the above is true.

From the information presented so far and without the benefit of hearing Bob's side of it, that sure sounds plausible.

Let's hear from him! What happened here, Robert?

If history repeats itself (yet once again), here's how it likely will play out...

1) Start with a visual sympathy cue, say a picture of a loved one in the hospital.

2) Regale the audience with a rambling tale or two.

3) Perform a razzle-dazzle magic show, complete with smoke-and-mirrors.

4) Post a picture of yourself smiling with a dearly departed hobby celebrity.

5) Then after you've garnished enough sympathy and boosted waning credibility enough to dupe others.... wait for it... a polite plea to visit the ebay store.

Get your seats early ladies and gentlemen, it promises to be quite a show.

I'm not saying that the above is true.

From the information presented so far and without the benefit of hearing Bob's side of it, that sure sounds plausible.

No idea - and if I'm completely wrong I'm happy to be shot down.

I am not killing the messenger, all I want is some background info on a first time poster…..with a little explanation . If you said, I did not get my pulps, that is credible but again this is a first time poster…

To begin with 40 years vs one post, I had my doubts, until I was pm'ed and informed that this is truly a real person.

Let's hear from him! What happened here, Robert?

If history repeats itself (yet once again), here's how it likely will play out...

1) Start with a visual sympathy cue, say a picture of a loved one in the hospital.

2) Regale the audience with a rambling tale or two.

3) Perform a razzle-dazzle magic show, complete with smoke-and-mirrors.

4) Post a picture of yourself smiling with a dearly departed hobby celebrity.

5) Then after you've garnished enough sympathy and boosted waning credibility enough to dupe others.... wait for it... a polite plea to visit the ebay store.

Get your seats early ladies and gentlemen, it promises to be quite a show.

Hi Steve

Score one for psychopathology!

I just like to give people that I "know", the benefit of the doubt…all I am asking for is clarification. That is all, to put it to rest in my mind.

He stated "fraud"….that is one heavy change to make to anybody, let alone on a public board.

I am not killing the messenger, all I want is some background info on a first time poster…..with a little explanation . If you said, I did not get my pulps, that is credible but again this is a first time poster…

That's fair enough Mitch - don't shoot me either. I only suggest a measured tone is advisable until the jury comes in. But that's the Rogerian counsellor in me speaking, not the lawyer. Not that I'm a lawyer. Or a counsellor.

I just like to give people that I "know", the benefit of the doubt…all I am asking for is clarification. That is all, to put it to rest in my mind.

He stated "fraud"….that is one heavy change to make to anybody, let alone on a board.

Absolutely. Did someone say "lynch mob"? Who for?