• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

mlWQtYo.jpg

Sophie Turner, who plays the young Jean Grey in the next film in the series, X-Men: Apocalypse, posted a "Flashback Friday" picture this morning, of "that time Cyclops and I went shopping at the mall and found our favorite singer's album." The image shows Jean, Scott, and Jubilation Lee (it looks like, in the background with her back turned) at a record shop. Cyclops is proudly holding: "Dazzler: Sounds of Light and Fury" in his hands with a smile on his face.

Dazzler??!!

:o

I love that they are going back to the 90's Cyclops look (my favorite). I also like the red accents on Nightcrawler...at least from a distance.

Isn't that spoiled by the fact that she's in the current day X-Mansion in DoFP? (shrug)

Coldwell Banker is getting in on this product placement game.

But it's actually a cool featurette to share what went into creating the Xavier Mansion.

:applause:

Sorta looks like a day of work at my job on the Blacklist, minus the enormous greenscreen

'Go To War' TV spot has a little extra Apocalypse footage.

First off, did anybody else jump a little when the announcer came on at the end? :D

Alright, when did Mystique become the most important X-man? And where the hell is Moira's accent?

Apocalypse Towers Over Everyone In This New X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Promo Poster; Fan Screening Set For Monday

X-Men: Apocalypse is all-set to make its epic debut in less than a month, but it looks like a handful of lucky fans will get to see the Bryan Singer-directed film as soon as next week. Early this morning, 20th Century Fox UK announced a global fan screening in London on May 9, which certainly bodes well for their confidence in the latest installment in their long-running X-Men franchise.

kJZmOiX.jpg

tumblr_o6icm7KqaD1uuve6po1_1280.jpg

X-MEN Director Bryan Singer Responds To Fan Complaints About 'Apocaylpse' And 'Ivan Ooze' Comparisons

"[The first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer] was simply Oscar using his normal voice -- which is wonderful; his performance is fantastic -- but that was never the intention," he explained. "We just needed those words to govern the first teaser. So people thought, 'Oh, wait, is that going to be his voice during the whole movie?' It's like, no, but to tell the story of the first teaser, we needed the voice, and I hadn't recreated the voice yet." Interestingly, the filmmaker went on to reveal that all of Isaac's lines are being redone in ADR, something we've seemingly heard in recent previews. "What I'm doing is something very unique. It hasn't been done before. We're rerecording his entire performance because the suit's creaky and makes all kinds of noise, you can't really use any of it anyway. But I want his performance. It ebbs and flows and moves through the movie, and changes, so he doesn't just have one single voice. He speaks with different voices depending on different moments in the film. So it's really kind of cool. It's the first time I've ever had the tools to sculpt a performance in post-production, that was already given to me on set and chosen in the cutting room."

Going back to that divisive first image, Singer confirmed what many of us predicted at the time; it wasn't the finished version of Apocalypse. That's something which became evident as soon as we saw the first teaser trailer, but you can't help but wonder what the thinking was behind unveiling a pink En Sabah Nur! The filmmaker explains all. "There was an image released on Entertainment Weekly, where the effect hadn't been put in yet, so everyone was -- the effect has a pink light on it, and everyone got lit up pink, so people thought Apocalypse was going to be pink. I was like, 'No, no, they're all pink. Take a look. Everyone in the picture is pink. It's a pink picture.' They maybe just should have taken the pink out of the picture -- I should have taken the pink out of the picture. I'm going to take some blame for that. My fault, not Entertainment Weekly's. That's the picture I gave them."

He also responds to Apocalypse's size. But that is starting to demonstrate how excited fans may automatically assume the production team is disregarding the entire character traditional design.

X-Men's Bryan Singer Compares Professor X To Christ And Apocalypse To A False God

"[Apocalypse is] kind of the opposite of Christ, actually. Christ would have come years after him, by the way. Our premise is he stomped around ancient Egypt, and that's when he is buried and awakens in 1983. He's kind of more the God of the Old Testament, the vengeful God who wants the world in a certain order and wants to be worshipped -- but he's also forgiving,” Singer told IGN. “He's also a false god, which makes him kind of like a cult leader. So [Apocalypse actor Oscar Isaac] and [writer/producer Simon Kinberg] not only studied religion but also studied the nature of cults and how they function. And that helped inform us how he chooses his Four Horsemen."

"I've gotten to explore Professor X when he was an older, bald, wise man, when he's insecure, when he's defenseless, when he's powerful. He's more of a Christ figure,” Singer added. “He chooses to be a teacher. He could go inside Cerebro and rule the world, but he chooses not to. He chooses to teach and preach and hope that people follow his message: peace and unity.”

x-men---apocalypse-181201.jpg

After all that early excitement, Apocalypse is actually looking really powerful and deadly.

:applause:

We'll see. Still have major reservations.

Well since Fox is comfortable with the May 9th early preview, hopefully that says something about the overall content of this movie.

:wishluck: