• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

What Apocalypse costume design could have looked like. More in link below.

unsused-en-sabah-nur-design-x-men-apocalypse.jpg

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/apocalypses-original-costume-design-x-men-was-way-cooler-photos-531562

Here's reality, once we take the fanboy blinders off.

"I was in the running for the job. Another company won out the bid. So, as bummed as I was as I wanted to showcase what I could do, I actually did almost every other costumer in the film. Then when the [movie images] were released - I like most people, was underwhelmed. So since I had a life cast of Oscar Isaac, I did my version of the character."

This version was done afterwards, post-filming. It was never shown to Fox for consideration.

What Apocalypse costume design could have looked like. More in link below.

unsused-en-sabah-nur-design-x-men-apocalypse.jpg

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/apocalypses-original-costume-design-x-men-was-way-cooler-photos-531562

Here's reality, once we take the fanboy blinders off.

"I was in the running for the job. Another company won out the bid. So, as bummed as I was as I wanted to showcase what I could do, I actually did almost every other costumer in the film. Then when the [movie images] were released - I like most people, was underwhelmed. So since I had a life cast of Oscar Isaac, I did my version of the character."

This version was done afterwards, post-filming. It was never shown to Fox for consideration.

That's a damn shame. It's undeniably the best interpretation of the comic pages to reality. :cry:

That's a damn shame. It's undeniably the best interpretation of the comic pages to reality. :cry:

It would have been good if he had this designed in advance with his initial proposal. Then maybe it would have had a fighting chance for consideration.

:(

It sounds like Olivia Munn really wants Psylocke to come across as true to the comics to tbe best of their abilities. Between her notes to the design team on the costume, and then her dedication to sword and martial arts training, it should be interesting.

Caught the final trailer for this and noticed that they still had to throw Wolverine in there to entice fans. How are they going to reboot Wolverine once Jackman retires from playing the character when the same universe has already went through a reboot? :screwy:

Caught the final trailer for this and noticed that they still had to throw Wolverine in there to entice fans. How are they going to reboot Wolverine once Jackman retires from playing the character when the same universe has already went through a reboot? :screwy:

They will hire Ben Affleck to play him.

They will hire Ben Affleck to play him.

I was hoping a young Danny Devito.

That was very well done...most of those types of re-dubs look like krap...this looks like someone took some time and effort to match it up as best as possible.