• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

I can maybe understand selling the cover separately, but the interior should have been one lot.

I felt the same way until I got to thinking about how iconic that splash is. There are a number of coverless copies floating around without it that I've noticed over the years. And heck, it's so classic that somebody might drive up a bidding war just to have that splash and maybe frame it.

The seller of all the parts, "all_things_comics" is infamous around here as well.

Really? Infamous? How so? Sounds like a good story. :popcorn:

Scam artists.

Has anybody else seen the Batman #1 parts floating around eBay this week?

I'm not sure whether the idea of splitting up a (basically) complete book into three auctions is genius or insane.

On one hand, it might encourage a bidding war on a specific piece that someone is missing.

On the other hand, it may discourage bidders who want all of it and are worried they may win some but not all of it.

Thoughts?

ethically: insane

from a moolah POV: genious :banana:

CGC 0.5 Universal copy of Batman #1 was recently listed on Comic Link:

LINK

Highest offer so far is 9K, which seems to be in-line with FMV considering the Sparkle City copy recently sold for $8,427 but didn't present as nicely as this one.

1_zps55fc8d2c.jpg

2_zps212c8cc3.jpg

Edited by Wayne-Tec

As points of reference...

A copy with a chunk missing out of the bottom sold for $7,977 last September: LINK

A CGC Universal 0.5 missing back cover sold for $8,427 in February: LINK

The copy on Comic Link presents better than the Sparkle City copy, so 9K doesn't seem out of bounds at all.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

I think it proves the price of admission to the Bat 1 Club is 10k at minimum.

That seems to be the direction the market is headed, if it hasn't reached that point already.

Throw out the entry .5 and the uber high grades, 8.5 higher, in the middle area, looks about 14K a point, less if the book is skanky, and more, if the book has great eye appeal, IMHO

That seems to be the direction the market is headed, if it hasn't reached that point already.

Throw out the entry .5 and the uber high grades, 8.5 higher, in the middle area, looks about 14K a point, less if the book is skanky, and more, if the book has great eye appeal, IMHO

Agreed. Entry-level 0.5's are approaching 10K per-ticket, and higher graded copies do not come cheap.

In retrospect, I think the 9.2 auctioned off by Heritage was a bargain at $567,625.

It was an absolutely beautiful copy.

Agreed. Entry-level 0.5's are approaching 10K per-ticket, and higher graded copies do not come cheap.

In retrospect, I think the 9.2 auctioned off by Heritage was a bargain at $567,625.

With the HG moderately restored Bat #1 going on ebay for +75K, the blue 9.2 certainly looks like a bargain at 570K

this books is rapidly approaching a sadistically tough entry level ... :sorry:

With the HG moderately restored Bat #1 going on ebay for +75K, the blue 9.2 certainly looks like a bargain at 570K

it didn't sell...was a bogus bin...

This thread needs a... :bump:

There is a Batman #1 CGC Restored 0.5, missing back cover, copy in CL's focused auction ending in a little less than two days.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2014june%26session%3D2%23Item%5F1016473&id=1016473

It's currently at $4,095. Any guesses as to how much it will close for?

Edited by Wayne-Tec