• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

What is everyone's opinion on the Bat 1 bound volume on clink?

It's a really cool item for sure. I prefer slabbed, individual books over bound volumes.

But the Batman #1 front cover within the bound value is vibrant and the PQ looks nice. If I owned a bound volume like this, I'd probably get more enjoyment if the books were separated and slabbed individually.

The 4.0 copy on CL is now up to 48K.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

What is everyone's opinion on the Bat 1 bound volume on clink?

It's a really cool item for sure. I prefer slabbed, individual books over bound volumes.

But the Batman #1 front cover within the bound value is vibrant and the PQ looks nice. If I owned a bound volume like this, I'd probably get more enjoyment if the books were separated and slabbed individually.

The 4.0 copy on CL is now up to 48K.

food for thought.

Any other comment?

55 (shrug)
zzz

Book sold for $52k. Seems pretty low to me. Not sure why, but it could be because of the rusty staple and top corner piece missing? Also, the book to me is a weak 4.0.. I've seen better presenting lower graded copies.

it was a weaker example of a 4.0. Not terrible but perhaps that played into the bidding. I know some folks really want that yellow cover to "pop". Often it is a mustard yellow instead of the more desired "canary" yellow.

Has anybody else seen the Batman #1 parts floating around eBay this week?

I'm not sure whether the idea of splitting up a (basically) complete book into three auctions is genius or insane.

On one hand, it might encourage a bidding war on a specific piece that someone is missing.

On the other hand, it may discourage bidders who want all of it and are worried they may win some but not all of it.

Thoughts?