• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

We were discussing Batman #1 vs. Tec #31 here recently, and it will be interesting to see where the Kane copies finish.

Batman #1 is up to $16,634 with the reserve not met.

Tec #31 is up to $4,600.

that has got to be a record for a .5 copy, I mean it would if reserve is met. right? (shrug)

Edited by thedude

We were discussing Batman #1 vs. Tec #31 here recently, and it will be interesting to see where the Kane copies finish.

Batman #1 is up to $16,634 with the reserve not met.

Tec #31 is up to $4,600.

that has got to be a record for a .5 copy, I mean it would if reserve is met. right? (shrug)

I imagine so.

It being a Kane copy helps, but this is a Batman #1 after all.

It was put on display, right alongside Tec #27.

comics4_zps8bf7f11d.png

comics3_zps772f99f4.png

$38,525 with reserve not met.

Wow. How much does he want for this?!?! I get the appeal, but I didn't realize that the expectations were this high.

Now $40,501 with reserve not met.

So the answer to your question is: "A lot!" :D

$38,525 with reserve not met.

Wow. How much does he want for this?!?! I get the appeal, but I didn't realize that the expectations were this high.

Now $40,501 with reserve not met.

So the answer to your question is: "A lot!" :D

Is that in BG or SI units? I cannot find the conversion to dollars.... lol

I thought this book would top out around $25k, never expected bidders to put this high of a premium on it for the provenance of the book, just crazy.

..........and reserve still not met. :juggle:

43k and counting. Bob Kane file copy or not that's crazy!!!!!

brittle pgs, from bound volume, 2 extra staples added, not manufacturing, trimmed, incomplete: 13th & 14th page missing, affects story

I thought this book would top out around $25k, never expected bidders to put this high of a premium on it for the provenance of the book, just crazy.

brittle pgs, from bound volume, 2 extra staples added, not manufacturing, trimmed, incomplete: 13th & 14th page missing, affects story

:ohnoez: Isn't that what an unrestored 2.5 blue label would go for right about now?

-J.

The Kane copy of Batman #2 is at $2,151.

The historical significance of Batman #1 is a major driving force here.

What did that check that Metro auctioned off sell for? The one that bought the rights to Superman for DC?

Historical stuff, truly historical stuff is not measured by grade. It's measured by what it did in history.