• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "Official and First" what you got from your SS thread

269 posts in this topic

I opened my SS gift today.

It was wrapped in the Sunday comics. (thumbs u

IMG_2273_zps7487011e.jpg

Funny card too! lol

IMG_2276_zps73dfa355.jpg

Inside were some old Spideys and X-Men comics. All very cool! Thanks Tony S.!! (thumbs u :cloud9:

IMG_2275_zps13461aec.jpg

Hi Dave

Glad you like them! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Tony

993DC3F1-A355-41FA-92F2-8889A36CCAD8_zps842cam4w.jpg

Thanks to umyeahwhatevers, I unwrapped my Secret Santa gift to find a few Tales from the Crypt reprints. I will have you to blame for adding to my 2014 collecting goals. They are pretty cool and I have never read any of those stories before.

He also somehow found the Spider-man collector that has had pretty much everything, three books that I have never owned before. Thanks for adding books to my permanent Spidey collection. The very same goes for the patch.

Last but not least, it is no secret that my inner three year old likes the plastic bricks.. Lego Spidey is being put on my keychain.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas

I want to give a huge Christmas shout out to jiveturkeymofo for providing some awesome holiday swag!!

I asked for something for my desk and he came through with a sweet Stevens inspired Bettie Page statue. For my reading pleasure he got me volume 2 of the New 52 Batman and volume 2 & 3 of Preacher, which is amazing!!

Thanks so much and have a Merry Christmas

Mike

A025D95D-7B09-4F3F-B90C-A72FB6C468B2_zpsoozhbb5r.jpg

You are welcome good sir....hmmm....I may have to pick up one of those Page statues myself... hm

cloudofwit blew me away by getting me Nova vol 2: Knowhere and vol 4: Nova Corps, along with high grade and reader copies of the original series #1 issue :)

Thanks cloudofwit!

Enjoy...

And Happy Birthday too!

A big thanks out to maloney414 for my Secret Santa loot: two Silver Age ASMs (#42 and 67); two Bronze Age ASMs (#149 & 200), and two Bronze Age Bats (#231 and 239). :whatthe:

When I filled out my Holiday Exchange form, I put down a couple of general suggestions and a couple of specific suggestions. I meant it as a choose one kind of deal--but the guy checked off each and every box, so to speak. (:blush:)

Additionally, he added Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Volume 1; Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft; and The Stuff of Legend, Volume I, letting me know that these three moderns (in addition to the Walking Dead) were his favorites. And since they were published by independent publishers, he wanted to spread the word. Looks like I have some reading material in the New Year and a challenge (to overcome my sometimes snobbery toward modern books). Dave (maloney414) also included notes for each modern, explaining them a bit and why he gravitated toward them.

A very creative and thoughtful batch of gifts. It can easily be said that I didn't deserve this from being "good" all year. :angel: Thank you, maloney414. :foryou:

I don't know the boardie name of my Secret Santa, but I want to thank him for these wonderful books. Batman 164 in particular is one of my favorite SA Batman comics, and I recently sold my only copy in a trade. So I'm happy to have another one. The foreign edition of Spidey 194 isn't too shabby either, or the SA Tecs. And I'm looking forward to reading the new 52 trade, as I haven't read anything from that series yet, and this will be a good way to decide whether I want to start getting the new issues. So thanks to Chris! :foryou:

3yct.jpg

Yeah.. as pointed out .. it was Me.

I'm happy you liked them. The New 52 trade was a gamble but since you post mostly in the GA/SA forum, I figured it was a safe bet that you had not read it yet.

Chip was my SS. I opened it late last night and didn't get a chance to snap a pic. I'll take a good group shot later.

It was a grouping of quality Batman raws that I don't already own!!! + some cool Batman coloring pages.

The highlight was these three! (sorry for the stock photos)

Neal Adams and Jim Aparo covers are always nice to add to my Batman collection. Oh and I never bought these at shows in years past because I could never find acceptable copies due to the thick spines. These three are sexy - wait to you see the scans!

Here is the group shot. Thanks again Chip!

icKbRM2l.png

I got this package a few days prior to Christmas:

unnamed-2_zps6343076a.jpg

I loved the paper so much I re-used it for my Godson's present. At 3, he decided about 6 months ago he likes Spider-Man completely on his own. Now it is our shared interest which he enjoys so thanks Secret Santa for the wrapping!

It said it was from:

unnamed_zpscec7b391.jpg

Any idea's who that is so I can thank them? I know there is a guy CMND or something… Is that who it is…?

And the present:

unnamed-1_zps98779da1.jpg

Very cool for several reasons:

1) First graded graphic novel I have.

2) It is signed by Bernie Wrightson who- using google- I found is the co-creator of Swamp Thing. I knew Len Wein had created Swamp Thing, but I didn't know the name Wrightson right away. Very cool!

3) Bernie Wrightson, like me, is also from Baltimore! Added bonus and I wonder if my Secret Santa knew…

Oh and it included some early 200s ASM issues too as a bonus!

Giftguardian told me your Secret Santa is in fact Cimm. (Thumbs u

Asking Giftguardian would have been too simple doh!

:gossip: I think GGNYC and mikenyc are the same person...

;)

-slym

WHAT'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!????????????????!????

Are you serious!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

HOW was this so obvious? How did I not know this? WHHAT?

Giftguardian told me your Secret Santa is in fact Cimm. (Thumbs u

Asking Giftguardian would have been too simple doh!

:gossip: I think GGNYC and mikenyc are the same person...

;)

-slym

That is utter hogwash!! :sumo:

No way! That would make Giftguardian a shill account and I'm sure Mike wouldn't do that.