• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "Official and First" what you got from your SS thread

269 posts in this topic

I got nothing

I am going to take a nap now and cry myself to sleep

Shame on you, jackazz

xoxo

greggy

Next year I promise I won't forget about you by accident.

Rather I'll make a conscious effort to keep you wishing and hoping!

Sorry again

GG

Don't feel bad Greggy I did not get anything either!! :( But my SS loved what he got and that's what really counts. :whee:

My original SS ended up failing and my backup valiantly volunteered and Hado got me this TMNT goodness.

null_zps1f13cdf3.jpg

Thanks you Hado!!!!

Great job and thanks again Hado!!!

No problem, I wanted to look at that book so bad, but I had to get it in the mail ASAP lol

Big thanks to Mac Man for my great hardcover of the original Archie stories. Very Fun!

image-24.jpg

DO I read it standing on my head?

Photobucket was really messing with me, it showed up here right side up when it was there upside down. Changed it several times so hopefully it'll keep the right orientation now. :wishluck:

I got nothing

Shame on you, jackazz

xoxo

greggy

Sorry again

GG

Don't feel bad Greggy I did not get anything either!! :( But my SS loved what he got and that's what really counts. :whee:

Did your SS forget about you???? I was very blessed with my SS gift, so I would like to send you something. We will call it a New Years gift :)

I got nothing

Shame on you, jackazz

xoxo

greggy

Sorry again

GG

Did your SS forget about you???? I was very blessed with my SS gift, so I would like to send you something. We will call it a New Years gift :)

(worship)

I am sure it was either lost in the mail or UPS issue or they may have had something come up. No need to send a gift, the thought was enough!! :angel:

A big thanks out to maloney414 for my Secret Santa loot: two Silver Age ASMs (#42 and 67); two Bronze Age ASMs (#149 & 200), and two Bronze Age Bats (#231 and 239). :whatthe:

When I filled out my Holiday Exchange form, I put down a couple of general suggestions and a couple of specific suggestions. I meant it as a choose one kind of deal--but the guy checked off each and every box, so to speak. (:blush:)

Additionally, he added Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Volume 1; Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft; and The Stuff of Legend, Volume I, letting me know that these three moderns (in addition to the Walking Dead) were his favorites. And since they were published by independent publishers, he wanted to spread the word. Looks like I have some reading material in the New Year and a challenge (to overcome my sometimes snobbery toward modern books). Dave (maloney414) also included notes for each modern, explaining them a bit and why he gravitated toward them.

A very creative and thoughtful batch of gifts. It can easily be said that I didn't deserve this from being "good" all year. :angel: Thank you, maloney414. :foryou:

The old Amazing Spider-Man and Batman books are your real gift. Glad you like them! (thumbs u

I picked up the ASM #42 (1st MJ) from a fellow boardie (RobbieC) at a local Philly show. He gave me a good deal because I told him it was for this. ;)

Batman 239 is an Xmas book so I had to pick that one up too.

The others I just threw in because I think they are cool comics and I thought you'd enjoy them. (thumbs u

The moderns I threw in are extras. You never asked for them nor did I see anything in your post history; however, I wanted to share the stuff I enjoy with whoevers name I drew. Invincible, Locke & Key, and The Stuff of Legend are 3 great moderns.

Like you, I also enjoy old Silver Age Spidey's and I love Invincible. Seriously, give that HC a read. I think you'll enjoy it. (thumbs u

I fear my words didn't come across right. I view it all as my real gift, and it was incredibly thoughtful. In fact, compared to what I gave my recipient (even though he seemed pleased), I realized how little I really did. Thanks again, Dave!

No worries! I'm just rambling. Enjoy!! (thumbs u

My only regret in this is that I didn't have more money to get my recipient more awesome stuff. So many great gifts in this thread.

(thumbs u

I'm with you CB! I found so many fun books for my recipiant , I had to exercise a lot of restraint not going way overboard!

Giving comics as presents to others who appreciate them is my favorite thing to do at the holidays!

From Dr. Balls

IMAG3561_zps30e76371.jpg

and this came out of the box. Original Painting, TV show prop money, Lone Gunmen DVD and Jose Chung book

Thanks Balls

IMAG3564_zps9d1400d5.jpg

Is that a Dr original? Sweet!

That is a Balls original :luhv:

My only regret in this is that I didn't have more money to get my recipient more awesome stuff. So many great gifts in this thread.

(thumbs u

No need for regret. I can assure you, that your recipient was very pleased. :)

From Dr. Balls

IMAG3561_zps30e76371.jpg

and this came out of the box. Original Painting, TV show prop money, Lone Gunmen DVD and Jose Chung book

Thanks Balls

IMAG3564_zps9d1400d5.jpg

Is that a Dr original? Sweet!

That is a Balls original :luhv:

(worship) My girlfriend would have peed her pants if she got that in the mail. Awesome work, Balls.