• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "Official and First" what you got from your SS thread

269 posts in this topic

You are caught sonny thanks to those meddling comic nerds and their meddling iPads.

I, for one, am highly insulted, sir!

I would never own any Apple product!

(:

-slym (seriously, he does hate Apple products)

Slym is wise!! :headbang:. There a lot of reasons to hate on Apple. They manufacture nothing. Instead they conract out the manufacture of their PREMIUM priced products to a Chinese contractor named Foxconn.

The finest products that 13 year olds can make in Chinese sweatshops. That's your iPhone. 60 hours a week for $350 a month. Meanwhile Samsung (South Korea) - who's top end stuff is better than Apple's anyway - manufactures their own stuff in their own factories and employees get paid about $1800 a month for a standard 40 hour work week. Motorala is now manufacturing some of thier phones in the USA.

And that's just one of the reasons. A lump of coal for Apple.

I'd like to thank Buzzetta for his very thoughtful gift.

(OG Harley OA FTW!)

11547308796_38e61258e0_c.jpg

Just saw this post and am very glad that you liked it! Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

I don't know the boardie name of my Secret Santa, but I want to thank him for these wonderful books. Batman 164 in particular is one of my favorite SA Batman comics, and I recently sold my only copy in a trade. So I'm happy to have another one. The foreign edition of Spidey 194 isn't too shabby either, or the SA Tecs. And I'm looking forward to reading the new 52 trade, as I haven't read anything from that series yet, and this will be a good way to decide whether I want to start getting the new issues. So thanks to Chris! :foryou:

3yct.jpg

Yeah.. as pointed out .. it was Me.

I'm happy you liked them. The New 52 trade was a gamble but since you post mostly in the GA/SA forum, I figured it was a safe bet that you had not read it yet.

Thanks! I appreciated all of the gifts. Have a great New Year! :)

My SS was Universal_Soldier... and WOW!!!! He got me an awesome OA of the Shadow :D

WCCarani-TheShadow_zpsf6ac92f8.jpg

Thanks, Jon... What a wonderful and thoughtful way to make my year :D

(thumbs u You are quite welcome. I'm glad you liked it. :)

A big thanks out to maloney414 for my Secret Santa loot: two Silver Age ASMs (#42 and 67); two Bronze Age ASMs (#149 & 200), and two Bronze Age Bats (#231 and 239). :whatthe:

When I filled out my Holiday Exchange form, I put down a couple of general suggestions and a couple of specific suggestions. I meant it as a choose one kind of deal--but the guy checked off each and every box, so to speak. (:blush:)

Additionally, he added Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Volume 1; Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft; and The Stuff of Legend, Volume I, letting me know that these three moderns (in addition to the Walking Dead) were his favorites. And since they were published by independent publishers, he wanted to spread the word. Looks like I have some reading material in the New Year and a challenge (to overcome my sometimes snobbery toward modern books). Dave (maloney414) also included notes for each modern, explaining them a bit and why he gravitated toward them.

A very creative and thoughtful batch of gifts. It can easily be said that I didn't deserve this from being "good" all year. :angel: Thank you, maloney414. :foryou:

The old Amazing Spider-Man and Batman books are your real gift. Glad you like them! (thumbs u

I picked up the ASM #42 (1st MJ) from a fellow boardie (RobbieC) at a local Philly show. He gave me a good deal because I told him it was for this. ;)

Batman 239 is an Xmas book so I had to pick that one up too.

The others I just threw in because I think they are cool comics and I thought you'd enjoy them. (thumbs u

The moderns I threw in are extras. You never asked for them nor did I see anything in your post history; however, I wanted to share the stuff I enjoy with whoevers name I drew. Invincible, Locke & Key, and The Stuff of Legend are 3 great moderns.

Like you, I also enjoy old Silver Age Spidey's and I love Invincible. Seriously, give that HC a read. I think you'll enjoy it. (thumbs u

Thanks to jop for a nice selection of classic DC reprints that I've never read. Big bonus of a Blu-Ray player as well. :o

Being a Marvel guy I said I wouldn't object to broadening my horizons. Really looking forward to reading all of them.

Sorry for the aerial shot but at least I did remember to edit out my junk from the picture.

ss_gifts.jpg

My Secret Santa came up with two purrrfect gift boxes... :insane:

ae61bd7c-69fc-4cfa-8beb-4304883a3442_zpsec289520.jpg

a9088468-cfb4-42dc-9550-75eabe920d6d_zps8c457ec5.jpg

7ec315b5-e40d-40de-85ba-0f846f6e4322_zpsccda67b2.jpg

76093b88-4efd-4697-8f30-a2b9820683d3_zps7c7bd7f1.jpg

Many thanks to icculus308win for nailing it with a frothy gift selection! :devil:

Cheers,

Cat smiley-greet004.gif

I know I see a Hobgoblin in there! Mmmmmmm Hobgoblin :cloud9:

A big thanks out to maloney414 for my Secret Santa loot: two Silver Age ASMs (#42 and 67); two Bronze Age ASMs (#149 & 200), and two Bronze Age Bats (#231 and 239). :whatthe:

When I filled out my Holiday Exchange form, I put down a couple of general suggestions and a couple of specific suggestions. I meant it as a choose one kind of deal--but the guy checked off each and every box, so to speak. (:blush:)

Additionally, he added Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Volume 1; Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft; and The Stuff of Legend, Volume I, letting me know that these three moderns (in addition to the Walking Dead) were his favorites. And since they were published by independent publishers, he wanted to spread the word. Looks like I have some reading material in the New Year and a challenge (to overcome my sometimes snobbery toward modern books). Dave (maloney414) also included notes for each modern, explaining them a bit and why he gravitated toward them.

A very creative and thoughtful batch of gifts. It can easily be said that I didn't deserve this from being "good" all year. :angel: Thank you, maloney414. :foryou:

The old Amazing Spider-Man and Batman books are your real gift. Glad you like them! (thumbs u

I picked up the ASM #42 (1st MJ) from a fellow boardie (RobbieC) at a local Philly show. He gave me a good deal because I told him it was for this. ;)

Batman 239 is an Xmas book so I had to pick that one up too.

The others I just threw in because I think they are cool comics and I thought you'd enjoy them. (thumbs u

The moderns I threw in are extras. You never asked for them nor did I see anything in your post history; however, I wanted to share the stuff I enjoy with whoevers name I drew. Invincible, Locke & Key, and The Stuff of Legend are 3 great moderns.

Like you, I also enjoy old Silver Age Spidey's and I love Invincible. Seriously, give that HC a read. I think you'll enjoy it. (thumbs u

I fear my words didn't come across right. I view it all as my real gift, and it was incredibly thoughtful. In fact, compared to what I gave my recipient (even though he seemed pleased), I realized how little I really did. Thanks again, Dave!