• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,953 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2024 at 10:38 AM, pmpknface said:

Yea, I'm not going as far as say it's taken the fun out of it, but it has gotten more frustrating.  One that sold in the the most recent HA auction that wasn't mentioned was this guy, that (as you can see) was just a bit over my budget.  

image.thumb.png.4ec0c2ec64292db8359dd144be1107d0.png

I've got to start selling off other stuff to be able to get the holes in my Cole collection filled.  

Actually, I thought this one was the book of the night because it doesn't show up in nice grades very often or at all:

image.thumb.png.033271de4c2bf6fee9e51855338533de.png

I wanted to bid on that All-Famous Police Cases #13 soooo badly because I never see it go up for sale, but didn't stand a chance. lol.  I got wiped out on every bid I put in for GA comics in this auction - except for one.  That's usually what happens to me on Heritage, but it was more frustrating this time because I thought I may have a shot at some of the ones I put in bids on, but .... nope.  I'm not a big per-issue spender in these auctions, though, so maybe it's just not meant to be.  I even struck out on a few GA romance comics I was bidding on.  In the meantime, I bought some SA stuff for kicks (probably too much SA stuff, lol).

On 6/10/2024 at 11:07 AM, Robot Man said:

Surely not one of his best but I don’t think I have ever seen a copy of this before.

IMG_8996.jpeg

It's out there, but of all the Cole 3D books it's the hardest to find.  They don't come up in good shape like... ever so glad you snagged it!  Congrats!  ;)  

Theres so many cool ones to choose from, and many that would be worthy of being no. 1, so i guess we should all just get the coffee table type book out on him, and leave it at that,.....also the one on george wilson out soon,.....,!

how bout this one one as an odd choice,.....i got lots of coles, but one i really wanted and have only seen 2 or 3 times is popular teen age secrets 15,......and never got it either! dig that purple and blue together.....a6.jpg.5e746464b90115baafd31f67459b3ed4.jpg