• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,909 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 4:18 PM, pmpknface said:

I posted this in another thread, but I may as well do so here since these are all Cole books. Well, and a bit of Bruce Timm as well.  I'm also a cartoon nut.

20220228_091220.jpg

Your going to be very happy with your Suspense 8 tonight lol

This incredible L.B. Cole original prelim sketch showed up yesterday! Had no idea these even existed up until a few months ago. Seems like they never ever ever come up for sale. After talking with @RedGiant , who also owns a few, managed to track down the original auction this sketch was sold in! 

20220306_084706.jpg

Screenshot_20220306-084818_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220306-084835_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 3/14/2022 at 10:30 PM, RedGiant said:

Thank you, never know who's gonna show up to bid.  That went higher than I expected, quite a bit higher, the Suspense went lower - overall things manage to even out.  

I was watching always amazed at the last minute action that happens :smile:

I remember when I bought my Suspense #8. It popped up on the bay the week before SDCC. I had been setting aside as much money as I could for the show. I knew buying it would cut pretty deep into my cash stash but I wanted it bad. But it was my big opportunity so I jumped it. Got it for a pretty good price and actually came home from the con with money to spare! Lesson learned. On scarce GA the time to buy is when you have the chance…

On 3/15/2022 at 8:22 AM, Robot Man said:

I remember when I bought my Suspense #8. It popped up on the bay the week before SDCC. I had been setting aside as much money as I could for the show. I knew buying it would cut pretty deep into my cash stash but I wanted it bad. But it was my big opportunity so I jumped it. Got it for a pretty good price and actually came home from the con with money to spare! Lesson learned. On scarce GA the time to buy is when you have the chance…

Congratulations. A lesson I wish I had learned much earlier in life.