• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, Robot Man said:

From the shallow end of the pool. Arrived yesterday with a couple other books. Under ten bucks!

197FD0F0-9102-424C-BD67-C0A5E943743A.jpeg

Damn, that's trippy! It's like Frisky Animals meets Twin Peaks.

On 12/29/2021 at 6:18 AM, Ryan. said:

The 2.5 could still end up looking like a deal in the long run. I don't know why the 6.5 seller didn't hold out for more. He should have auctioned it at one of the big auction houses. 

The other place's Contact #12 6.5 sold for $5451 +3%: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=54555606

Wish I had a little more money; some good deals (to me) in that auction.

On the flip side, this Popular Teen-Agers had a strong showing.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:22 AM, Ryan. said:
On 1/11/2022 at 9:18 AM, manetteska said:

I was a little stunned at the hammer on that one.

I didn't even see that one until I scrolled through the ending prices today. The non-reprint version doesn't come up very often, but (IMO) there are better Cole romance covers. Perhaps a completionist?

I overspent as it is and now going back see things maybe I should have bid on. Damn GA and your general scarcity for cool books!

I assume the ebay sale of the Contact 12 harmed the MCS sale in the same grade. CGC versus CBCS hammer prices play in too. I guess we will see if any more Contact 12s show up in the near future.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:18 AM, manetteska said:

The other place's Contact #12 6.5 sold for $5451 +3%: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=54555606

Wish I had a little more money; some good deals (to me) in that auction.

Someone got a decent deal on the Blue Bolt 105. It was undergraded at a raw 5.0 and went for the same price as the recent graded 4.0.