• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, RedGiant said:

Definitely strong compared to the 6.5s that just sold. But cheap when you consider a 9.8 Crow #1 just went for $20k😱

And of course I let my copy of The Crow #1 CGC 9.6 sell some months ago. Bet it will double now doh!. Because that 9.8 sale is double the last couple.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, manetteska said:

I almost bid on this Terrors of the Jungle #20 but then took a closer look at the back cover.

Also looked up the grader's notes this morning, and I have to say, IMO, that's a very... interesting grade considering.

Very surprising grade.  It must be Really nice, otherwise.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:17 PM, Chief1332 said:
On 4/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, manetteska said:

I almost bid on this Terrors of the Jungle #20 but then took a closer look at the back cover.

Also looked up the grader's notes this morning, and I have to say, IMO, that's a very... interesting grade considering.

Very surprising grade.  It must be Really nice, otherwise.

There were actually quite a few with the same defect, by the same seller, in CGC cases. Buy the book not the label.

The listing didn't include any descriptions or notes, just scans; I wonder how many buyers will be surprised when their books arrive.

Strange Worlds 8

Doll Man 37

Space Adventures 1

And another one which was on my hit-list, Strange Worlds 5. (as well as others....)

On 4/14/2022 at 12:32 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I try not to. I really do. What’s the harm in a little romance cover? Well, I’ll tell you what’s wrong with it. It’s a gateway drug!

man, you dove right in!  That Blue Bolt 108 is awesome.  One of my favorite cole covers.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:31 PM, SamPool said:

I have a number of books and with notes in the label. 

I am surprised at the grades and the no comment in the label.  Is it because an actual hole puncher was not used?

bh1.jpg.d79fe92f827fb7756f366bf1eb694da6.jpg

bh2.jpg.208c3f10c366f0a3653aad61093b9340.jpg 

The lack of a comment on the label also surprised me. Though I can't say if that was on purpose or an oversight as the QC topic has had some doozies.

I also wonder if the final auction prices took that defect into account.

I too was surprised by lack of notation on the label.  I was the immediate under bidder on the TOJ 20. I saw the defect when I placed my bid. If it didn’t have the holes I would have gone quite higher.