• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,908 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2022 at 2:37 PM, manetteska said:

I will take at least 3, please.

Thoughts on grades?

Here is what I'm guessing....

Blue Bolt Weird Tales #111 4.5
Blue Bole Weird Tales #112 5.5
Blue Bolt Weird Tales #113 4
Blue Bolt Weird Tales #114 4.5
Captain Aer #25 5
Captain Flight #11 4.5
Contact Comics #12 4
Captain Aero #26 5
Ghost Rider #1 7.5
Marvel Spotlight #5

On 3/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I've got some LB Cole crime books selling in the upcoming C-link auction. Will be interesting to see how they do because I've honestly never owned/sold any LB Coles.

Good luck! I unfortunately am also looking to sell majority of my LB Cole books as well (the ones I recently posted in this thread, page 241 if you're curious). Wondering what you guys would suggest regarding best place to sell? A specific auction house is more favourable with the Cole books?  I was initially thinking of trying to sell here on the boards here,  but not much as far as sale data that I could find (I even checked on Go Collect, although I don't have a subscription, but not much data), so finding an appropriate price might be hard. So auction best way to go?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Relative selling newbie,

Lucjan

On 3/31/2022 at 1:36 AM, lucjan said:

Good luck! I unfortunately am also looking to sell majority of my LB Cole books as well (the ones I recently posted in this thread, page 241 if you're curious). Wondering what you guys would suggest regarding best place to sell? A specific auction house is more favourable with the Cole books?  I was initially thinking of trying to sell here on the boards here,  but not much as far as sale data that I could find (I even checked on Go Collect, although I don't have a subscription, but not much data), so finding an appropriate price might be hard. So auction best way to go?

Thanks!

Relative selling newbie,

Lucjan

I’d be interested in a few if we could figure out a price. No buyers/sellers premium 

On 3/30/2022 at 11:36 PM, lucjan said:

Thanks!

Relative selling newbie,

Lucjan

I've always used Comiclink, but I know a lot of people will say Heritage is likely best for these kind of books. The cost to sell is drastically hire at roughly 30%, compared to 10% with Comiclink, so that's a big negative. Then the question just becomes does the potential in higher sales at Heritage outweigh the additional costs. I'm not sure they do get higher sales, but maybe sometimes.

On 4/11/2022 at 12:13 PM, Ryan. said:

I missed this sale last month. Looks like a strong sale for a Contact 12 7.0:

Contact Comics #12 (Aviation Press, 1946) CGC FN/VF 7.0 White | Lot #13205 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Definitely strong compared to the 6.5s that just sold. But cheap when you consider a 9.8 Crow #1 just went for $20k😱

On 4/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, RedGiant said:

Definitely strong compared to the 6.5s that just sold. But cheap when you consider a 9.8 Crow #1 just went for $20k😱

Yup I noticed that Crow sale as well. It's 🍌.