• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2022 at 3:15 PM, Ryan. said:

Just got them back after over a year.

Congrats, and wow....   Yeah, that was going to be a follow up question - how long?  I've got some that I sent in under Economy that arrived in February that are still waiting to be looked at.  I fast tracked my latest lot that seems to be moving along much faster.  

Were the grades what you expected?  So far with my books I'm -.265 on average below what I expected.  

On 12/16/2022 at 3:22 PM, pmpknface said:

Were the grades what you expected?  So far with my books I'm -.265 on average below what I expected.  

Yeah, no real surprises.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:15 PM, Ryan. said:

Just got them back after over a year.

A year is no bueno, but at least be thankful they have the right labels and weren't destroyed in the grading/encapsulation process.

I'm not sending any of my GA stuff in until something changes; way too risky, IMO, for books you see only a couple times a year.

On 12/16/2022 at 3:30 PM, manetteska said:

A year is no bueno, but at least be thankful they have the right labels and weren't destroyed in the grading/encapsulation process.

I'm not sending any of my GA stuff in until something changes; way too risky, IMO, for books you see only a couple times a year.

I don't blame you. Back in the olden days when I sent the books in the turnaround time for Economy was supposed to be a few months, and the quality control issues weren't as pervasive (as far as we know).

I've had my share of slab issues over the past year, including incorrect labels.

On 8/28/2022 at 11:11 PM, Inaflash said:

Back from CGC and tied for highest grade. 

348EFDB0-C10B-4B5B-85AF-A9144BFD87C3.jpeg

I saw this on David's you tube channel. Beauty and definitely under-graded. Very likely the best surviving copy there is.(worship)

PS incredible high grade Cole collection you have. What a pleasure it was seeing those books live on videotape.

Edited by Professor K
grammar correction