• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2023 at 4:57 PM, pmpknface said:

Whoa...   Not me!  You've all seen my copy.  That one is sweet though!

I know right? Saw it last night. I needed a few days to get the cash up because I just sent a check to HA, but I knew it wouldn't stick around. Seller had a make offer option but I think the buyer just paid full amount. Probably won't see another this nice for a long, long, long, time. Look at that thing:blush:

Opera Snapshot_2023-01-26_170618_www.ebay.com.png

Edited by Professor K
picture added

On 1/26/2023 at 4:55 PM, pmpknface said:

:whatthe:

On 1/26/2023 at 4:55 PM, pmpknface said:

Wow. Weird Jungle Tales. Interesting. From 1953.

Terrors of the Jungle has a "Weird" numbering sequence. From what I see by date it was issues 17,18,19,20,21. Follwed by issue 4 to 10 ending in August 1954. No idea why they called this CP issue 202. Maybe they were thinking of changing the name of the title between issue 21 (Feb 53) and issue 4 (April 53). Pretty neat cover regardless. (thumbsu

On 1/27/2023 at 8:09 PM, Inaflash said:

I consider myself fortunate to have bought it. I’ve been looking for an upgrade for years and I could not believe this popped up on eBay. I considered the make offer option for about 5 seconds and decided it was not worth the risk of losing the book. It’s right near the top of my favorite Cole covers. I would love to see what the 8.0 copy looks like.

Hey! You know I was hoping it was you. Man, I'm really glad you got it. I saw your raw copy, was that one ever in a slab, if so what was it?  Looked at least 6.0 to me. Congratulations. :golfclap:. You deserved that one.

On 1/27/2023 at 8:40 PM, Professor K said:

Hey! You know I was hoping it was you. Man, I'm really glad you got it. I saw your raw copy, was that one ever in a slab, if so what was it?  Looked at least 6.0 to me. Congratulations. :golfclap:. You deserved that one.

Thanks. My other copy is more like a 4.0 due in part because of a water stain on the back cover. I bought it raw. 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:45 PM, unclezebo said:

I can cross another Cole off my want list now.

20230130_153051.jpg

Congrats!  This one took me a while for some reason.  Next time I start scanning I'll dig out my cover proof for it.  Cool cover!  

On 2/2/2023 at 8:40 AM, flynavy807 said:

This is THE Sci-Fi cover of the age to me. Not just THE LB Cole, but THE Sci-Fi cover. Best of them all. Beautiful!

Cole had so many hard to pin it down to just one but one great cover imho 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:50 PM, Ryan. said:

I just pulled it out and took a look. There are some faint scratches on the case. The scanner really picked those up.

Ok, sorry to ask like that. It looked more on the case than on the book, which is good. I'd have to go with Contact over Blue Bolt 105 overall. It's just perfect.