• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Nice. I hadn't seen those before.

I've seen a few of them, not the gator cover. He edited a TON of those style of mags. I haven't picked up any yet. Yet, of course, being the key word there. If I'm not getting comics I'd rather get some of his other digest covers as most are even older than his comic work.

So much time, so little $$$...

Grabbed myself a FN copy of Frisky Animals #47 last night:

217a.jpg

Great cover! I've been lurking around this thread for a bit and you (and others here) have a very nice collection of L.B. Cole covers. (worship)

Congrats!

Grabbed myself a FN copy of Frisky Animals #47 last night:

217a.jpg

Great cover.

Similar style here, not sure if this is Cole or not. Pmpknface, I'm guessing you might know. If not an idea who this artist is?

DO-06-190.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm up over 200 and counting.

I'm not sure who did that Billy the Kid cover. I can see where it has similarities of many funny animal covers of the time, even to the one I posted above, but I doubt it's Cole. Even when Cole drew horses he usually drew the anthropomorphic ones like real ones (see above!). He loved horses. Really, lots of artists were able to draw those "cutsie" looking animals with those big eyes and what not. I also don't know if he ever did any work for Fawcett. If I come across any info on this I'll post it though!