• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,910 posts in this topic

Very true BB. That one with the border on the left border though (unless maybe green) provides a big border. The reasons I have so far picked MASK 1 and CAP AERO 26, other than the fact that they rock, is because the major background colors bleed into the shirt color. Also why ST 11, CAP FLIGHT 11, and CONTACT 12 would look good on red & black - respectively.

Dayum... that BB is a killer cover tho... I'm considering it in the next round... ;)

Maybe this on a yellow T?

781107.jpg

Mask 1 and Contact 12 would be my vote for a t-shirt screening love those two covers and put them on black,makes them pop.

Edited by comicjack

Just snagged 2 more! 1 comic and 1 pulp!

First up, this gem. Love the colors:

$(KGrHqN,!qcFC5srddwYBR!I!GjdTw~~60_57.JPG

Next up, this one that was in excellent shape. This dress is being held up by sheer will:

$T2eC16JHJGQE9noMZMP7BQ9yOZLIlQ~~60_3.JPG

Plus, I've been looking for something else from the author of "Problem Girl." (thumbs u

It is the job of the guy behind her to hold it up.

Nice books

Thanks. I want to track down more of his pulps. I think this will make 5 that I'll own, but I have a line on a few more that I'll get to eventually. Many are older than his comic cover work too! :applause:

Time for a brief palate cleanser between all the fantastic horror, scifi, war, etc? Those black covers are always a challenge, and the romance westerns are particularly elusive in grade.

sportthrills15f100_zpsd92a9f2e.jpg

truetoliferomances10f100_zpsf8882e10.jpg

targetwesternromances107f100_zps976550ef.jpg

Three beauties!

This is the seller's scan, but I couldn't wait to post it as it doesn't pop up that often.

Confessions of Love #14:

$(KGrHqF,!icFDLrhIitNBQzS2uC+NQ~~60_57.JPG

In romance comics, you see many versions of that cover theme: Woman distraught thinking about her philandering boy friend. But Cole works some magic with it.

Great pickup.