• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,910 posts in this topic

That is one good looking book Pumpkin. I've been collecting romance a long time and I still don't have that issue. In grade, that is - I'm no completist. I assume you bought it? Please show us the back cover when you've got it? And, uhhh...the seller's name? lol

Great copies! Yeah, that Target Western has eluded me so far. Well done!

I think the 107 is the rarest of the 12 covers Cole did for Target/ Target Western/ Flaming Western, myself. I found a copy a few months ago (and think I posted it here); it's not exactly rare but it's on the scarcer side.

OtherEric - Yes, I remember looking at your copy very well. A bit after than I did find one that was reasonably priced but the grade was just too low. I'll find one yet!

Dr.Love - I got lucky with this one. I don't think it was listed with LB Cole's name in the listing but I still located it. It happens every so often. Once I found a SUSPENSE COMICS #9 that had sold on a BIN for $50, in nice shape too! I think the seller thought it was the other Suspense title. :frustrated:

L.B.Cole is quickly becoming my favorite GA artist,thanks in no small part to this thread,Passing Schomburg & closing in on Baker.Only have o couple of his covers but they are all so great.

Keep 'em coming!

The TERRORS OF THE JUNGLE #18 is one of the best of the run. The colors are almost as good as the chick. ;)

OtherEric: Very cool 1st LB Cole cover. To bring the 2 threads together, I think my 1st was Terrors of the Jungle #19 with the "Golden Ghost Gorilla" cover! :)

Finally, came across a Guns Against Gangsters Issue 6.

I'm very excited! I'll post my own scan once the book arrives.

I'm guessing a 3.0 GVG ? A low grade but I can't complain.

Guns-Against-Gangsters-Issue-6-LB-Cole.jpg

Guns Against Gangsters or Babes Against Fish? hm

Nice pickup.