• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,910 posts in this topic

Hey, if it's a whale then it's a mammal...I think...

anyway, just a status check: I may have left out a few CGC books and then there's a few that haven't arrived yet but I think I'm at 190 (give or take) LB Cole cover books!

Here's to hitting 200!!!

Any chance you could take a giant group shot? :wishluck:

Keep in mind that doesn't include some pulp covers, and some that haven't arrived yet and I'm sorry that they overlap so much but it's tough to display so much at the same time. I've never done such a big pic so maybe I'll do better next time. Anyway, here ya go:

20130218_220500.jpg

Whadda think?

ALSO: There are 3 romance books on display at the moment as well:

20130218_221417.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

Any chance you could take a giant group shot? :wishluck:

Keep in mind that doesn't include some pulp covers, and some that haven't arrived yet and I'm sorry that they overlap so much but it's tough to display so much at the same time. I've never done such a big pic so maybe I'll do better next time. Anyway, here ya go:

20130218_220500.jpg

Whadda think?

ALSO: There are 3 romance books on display at the moment as well:

20130218_221417.jpg

Very cool! Some great, great books!

:applause:

Very cool :cool: ... and from someone who has done many group shots over the years, thank you for the work it took to do this :o

Love them all. Glad to see the "snow romance" on display on right of the "embrace trio" too ... though is it to appease the demon-looking thingy? :baiting:

Thanks everyone! I'll have to take a new pic after this new one I just got arrives...

$T2eC16RHJG!E9nm3qW4eBRGUUjmRu!~~60_57.JPG

GCD lists this as being the earliest Cole cover. Interesting how crude it looks compared to his work just a year later.Or maybe he was just trying to mimic Lou Ferstadt's clumsy layouts and art.

Thanks everyone! I'll have to take a new pic after this new one I just got arrives...

$T2eC16RHJG!E9nm3qW4eBRGUUjmRu!~~60_57.JPG

Wow, that's pretty cool old school Cole! :applause:

Looks like the guy's getting punched right in the cajones... :o

:applause:

Very cool :cool: ... and from someone who has done many group shots over the years, thank you for the work it took to do this :o

Love them all. Glad to see the "snow romance" on display on right of the "embrace trio" too ... though is it to appease the demon-looking thingy? :baiting:

HA! Yeah, that's my Bowen Surtur mini-bust and my Bowen Eternity mini-bust. Prior to displaying the romance books I had a few Blue Bolt Weird tales and my Shocking Mystery #50 there. I was thinking of putting a few different statues there but wasn't sure what so until I can think of something new they'll have to stay.

Yeah that 4 Fav is kinda crude but fun. Cole did use those floating heads a few times, so it is a bit like his work. Although it's kinda odd, as it looks like those heads are almost cheering the soldier on. I'm hoping maybe Cole did some interior work in this ish too!

That is one good looking book Pumpkin. I've been collecting romance a long time and I still don't have that issue. In grade, that is - I'm no completist. I assume you bought it? Please show us the back cover when you've got it? And, uhhh...the seller's name? lol

Here ya go! There's a grease pencil mark and a faint stain on the bottom right corner:

20130219_204707.jpg

And just because:

20130219_204741.jpg

That is one good looking book Pumpkin. I've been collecting romance a long time and I still don't have that issue. In grade, that is - I'm no completist. I assume you bought it? Please show us the back cover when you've got it? And, uhhh...the seller's name? lol

Here ya go! There's a grease pencil mark and a faint stain on the bottom right corner:

20130219_204707.jpg

And just because:

20130219_204741.jpg

great colors!