• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Taken directly from excerpts(that I rearranged) of Elektras wiki page, imo, this is exactly what season 2 will be:

Elektra once defined herself by the men in her life: She was the daughter of a powerful Greek diplomat and the girlfriend of blind American law student Matt Murdock. Her father's assassination, however, left her emotionally shattered, and she withdrew from the world. Her choice led her to Japan, where she attempted to penetrate the secret fraternity of martial artists known as the Chaste. Befriended by the organization's leader, Stick, Elektra honed her fighting skills. However, Stick saw that her hatred of the world was all-consuming and ultimately asked her to leave the Chaste

Determined to prove herself to her mentor, she infiltrated the rival organization known as The Hand. Wise to her plan, the Hand instead tricked Elektra into killing the sensei with whom she had studied before Stick. Elektra continued to serve the Hand thereafter, becoming corrupted by their ways

For years, Elektra worked as a bounty hunter and assassin for hire. Having undertaken a contract in New York City, she crossed paths with the blind adventurer Daredevil, whom she learned to be Matt Murdock, her former lover and a former student of Stick. Daredevil disapproved of Elektra's chosen profession, but the two still cared deeply for one another. Together, they fought the Hand, until the Kingpin, the most powerful figure in East Coast organized crime, hired Elektra as his chief assassin. In that role, Elektra clashed repeatedly with Daredevil. Finally, she was contracted to kill his best friend and law partner, Franklin "Foggy" Nelson. When Foggy recognized her, Elektra realized she could not carry out the contract and spared his life.

Soon after, the psychotic criminal Bullseye determined that the only way to regain his status as the Kingpin's chief assassin was to kill Elektra. Bullseye impaled Elektra on her own sai, and she died in Matt's arms.

the reason i think this is what season 2 will be:

-it aligns with what's been told so far,

-helps set up the hands back story for the other shows,

-uses the characters already introduced

-keeps the kingpin involved from jail

-introduces elektra and gives her back story (like we got kingpins in season 1)

-introduces bullseye

-draws matt into a full war with the hand, such that he will join with the defenders

-ends the second season with a strong emotional moment, and sets up a good story line for the fight with the defenders against the hand

aka learning elektra is resurrected

Edited by CBT

Jason Statham Eyed For 'Bullseye' In DAREDEVIL; 'Mysterio' And More Expected To Appear

Latino-Review reports that Jason Statham (Furious 7) is being eyed to play Bullseye in the second season of Daredevil. They make it clear that this is far from a done deal right now, but add that he's been spotted meeting with Marvel after taking a break from the press tour for Spy. Both Bullseye and Elektra are expected to show up when the series returns to Netflix, so this makes a lot of sense.

:wishluck:

Man...I would really prefer they NOT cast Jason Statham.

He is great at action, but basically just acts like "Jason Statham" in every movie.

+1 I've always thought of Bullseye as kind of crazy. Jason Statham mostly plays reserved, quiet types. Wouldn't think this is a good fit. But I'm open to being proven wrong.

Man...I would really prefer they NOT cast Jason Statham.

He is great at action, but basically just acts like "Jason Statham" in every movie.

+1 I've always thought of Bullseye as kind of crazy. Jason Statham mostly plays reserved, quiet types. Wouldn't think this is a good fit. But I'm open to being proven wrong.

Add one more +1. I really like Jason Statham - I just wish they'd choose a relatively unknown actor rather than a big name.

Also, mysterio in Season 2? meh Guardian Devil? doh!

Jason Statham Eyed For 'Bullseye' In DAREDEVIL; 'Mysterio' And More Expected To Appear

Latino-Review reports that Jason Statham (Furious 7) is being eyed to play Bullseye in the second season of Daredevil. They make it clear that this is far from a done deal right now, but add that he's been spotted meeting with Marvel after taking a break from the press tour for Spy. Both Bullseye and Elektra are expected to show up when the series returns to Netflix, so this makes a lot of sense.

:wishluck:

I love statham so much, I'd rather see him as a hero, but he'd be amazing in any role

That was fast.

Jason Statham Drops Out Of DAREDEVIL Negotiations After News Of His Involvement Leaked?

According to Bloody Disgusting, the British actor "was legitimately in heavy negotiations for the role and the leak killed it. Perhaps his agent saw the positive uproar and instantly upped the actor’s asking fee? Perhaps the studio spotted the same excited reaction and preemptively killed the deal out of fear of Statham’s management going for more money? Who knows. The bottom line is that yesterday the Crank star was at the top of the list and deep in negotiations and today Marvel has moved on to other pastures."

2958492.gif

That was fast.

Jason Statham Drops Out Of DAREDEVIL Negotiations After News Of His Involvement Leaked?

According to Bloody Disgusting, the British actor "was legitimately in heavy negotiations for the role and the leak killed it. Perhaps his agent saw the positive uproar and instantly upped the actor’s asking fee? Perhaps the studio spotted the same excited reaction and preemptively killed the deal out of fear of Statham’s management going for more money? Who knows. The bottom line is that yesterday the Crank star was at the top of the list and deep in negotiations and today Marvel has moved on to other pastures."

2958492.gif

:whee: Thank you Internet!!! I just can't see him as Bullseye. Also, I'm admittedly not a fan of actors who play the same role in virtually every movie (See: Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves, Jason Statham, etc.)

There goes my chance to upgrade my 8.5 lol
Yup. I could easily see the Punisher getting his own series after showing up on Daredevil, this casting will make the punisher a household name, you watch.