• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I'm hoping this will serve as an alternative Marvel Universe to the goofy camp of the movies. I'm thinking about Elektra, Bullseye, Punisher, Netflix version of Widow, Power Man, Iron Fist, Cloak‡, even Dr Strange. There are many others from Marvel Knights, I suppose.

2zo9enp.gif

I enjoyed Avengers, GOTG, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc., but I feel like all of those movies were purposefully family friendly. Daredevil was the first production that clearly was intended for Mature Audiences. I loved it and hope the other shows follow suit.

Sorry, not going to read 125 pages on this topic... so here's my question:

Assuming this is concurrent with the Marvel Universe (movies), do the people of Hell's Kitchen know anything about Spider-man or the Avengers?

They all act like "the man in the mask" is clearly just a man, and there's no way he actually has any powers.

They've made several references to "The Event" (Avengers) and that the man in the mask doesn't have a suit of armor or a mystical hammer so I'm guessing they know about superheroes.

I'm just wondering....the few posters that are posting they did not enjoy Daredevil or have no desire to watch a second season, what kind of TV shows DO you like?

My favorite shows are: Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Shield, The Walking Dead and Prison Break. With Dexter and Daredevil right behind. I thought DD was great and I am excited for season 2!

I loved Breaking Bad. I haven't seen The Shield, Prison Break or Dexter. I watched the first few episodes of Justified and Sons of Anarchy, I thought they were decent, and if I watched more TV shows I'd probably continue, but tend not to want to make the commitment unless I'm 100% on board. I saw the first episode of Walking Dead, and it looked interesting, but it didn't grab me and say "watch more!".

Shows I've become engrossed in are; GoT, Deadwood, Homicide, Mad Men, The Sopranos, and True Detective. I stuck through all of Boardwalk Empire, but it seemed to lose it's way as the seasons went on. I watched the whole first story arc of The Killing, but didn't follow up. I've been meaning to watch The Wire, but just haven't got around to it. I guess it's pretty obvious that crime shows tend to be my favorites, and I'm sure there are others I'd enjoy, but just haven't gotten around to. It's probably equally obvious that I like shows with complicated characters, where the good guys and the bad guys aren't always easy to separate, something one doesn't always find with superhero properties.

I enjoyed Daredevil, but I didn't LOVE it. I'm a bit disappointed to read that other comic hero shows fall short of it's quality in the eyes of many, as I'd enjoy a reason to watch another one.

Finally finished the first season. I thought it was a great show, and enjoyed almost everything about the show. Like how they handled both DD and KingPin characters. I even liked the costume. Like how it was more tactical, and less spandex. Look forward to the next season.

Head scratcher moment of the first season: what kind of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person would put a loaded gun within arms reach of a prisoner?

Edited by Scturo

Great "Fatman on Batman" podcast this week with Kevin Smith talking to Joe Quesada for two hours about the Daredevil show. Quesada said it was his idea to cast Charlie Cox, he said he saw him in the first "Boardwalk Empire" season a few years ago and loved him in it, and even at that time noted to himself that he'd make a great Matt Murdock if Marvel ever got the property back. I don't remember what role he played myself. hm

http://smodcast.com/episodes/joe-quesada-daredevils-step-dad-steps-up/

If you've got a smartphone, listening to podcasts like this while you're doing chores, exercising, or driving somewhere is a lot of fun.

I'm just wondering....the few posters that are posting they did not enjoy Daredevil or have no desire to watch a second season, what kind of TV shows DO you like?

My favorite shows are: Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Shield, The Walking Dead and Prison Break. With Dexter and Daredevil right behind. I thought DD was great and I am excited for season 2!

I loved Breaking Bad. I haven't seen The Shield, Prison Break or Dexter. I watched the first few episodes of Justified and Sons of Anarchy, I thought they were decent, and if I watched more TV shows I'd probably continue, but tend not to want to make the commitment unless I'm 100% on board. I saw the first episode of Walking Dead, and it looked interesting, but it didn't grab me and say "watch more!".

Shows I've become engrossed in are; GoT, Deadwood, Homicide, Mad Men, The Sopranos, and True Detective. I stuck through all of Boardwalk Empire, but it seemed to lose it's way as the seasons went on. I watched the whole first story arc of The Killing, but didn't follow up. I've been meaning to watch The Wire, but just haven't got around to it. I guess it's pretty obvious that crime shows tend to be my favorites, and I'm sure there are others I'd enjoy, but just haven't gotten around to. It's probably equally obvious that I like shows with complicated characters, where the good guys and the bad guys aren't always easy to separate, something one doesn't always find with superhero properties.

I enjoyed Daredevil, but I didn't LOVE it. I'm a bit disappointed to read that other comic hero shows fall short of it's quality in the eyes of many, as I'd enjoy a reason to watch another one.

I absolutely loved it. I put it up there with Game of Thrones and Sherlock!

A plus Daredevil has is only 13 episodes.

I rather have 13 great episodes, than 22 hit or miss mediocre episodes.

After 13 episodes of DD, it is quite a bit better than Gotham due to the realism: DD does get tired in a fist fight. Enjoyed twists and turns in the plot with imperfect Karen Page, Kingpin's and villian's side stories. Solid writing makes DD great, and the sudden deaths of semi-key characters follow the dramatic format of Game of Thrones Season 3. (thumbs u

Great "Fatman on Batman" podcast this week with Kevin Smith talking to Joe Quesada for two hours about the Daredevil show. Quesada said it was his idea to cast Charlie Cox, he said he saw him in the first "Boardwalk Empire" season a few years ago and loved him in it, and even at that time noted to himself that he'd make a great Matt Murdock if Marvel ever got the property back. I don't remember what role he played myself. hm

http://smodcast.com/episodes/joe-quesada-daredevils-step-dad-steps-up/

If you've got a smartphone, listening to podcasts like this while you're doing chores, exercising, or driving somewhere is a lot of fun.

Cox was excellent in Boardwalk Empire as the Irish bodyguard working for Nucky, better than he was as Matt Murdock IMHO. He's a far better choice than Ben Affleck was, who frankly isn't much of an actor, though he does have a certain amount of charm onscreen. I'd far prefer to see Affleck direct another Daredevil feature than star in one, that's for sure.

Just finished the series. Thought it was very well done. Better than any of the other shows currently in place. I just wish Gotham was as interesting.

I took my time and savored this show. Man I'm glad I did...

I watched the last two episodes tonight and what a wild ride that was.

I need to read more DD, this solid show is making me more of a fan!!!

I got the Fever and the only prescription is more DD!!!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

if I have to wait a year for more I may just slam on the brakes and space the rest out, only on ep 4....13 episodes a year seems a bit on the weak side though, even though they're almost an hour long.

think of it as one long movie

honestly the production, the tone, I have to say this makes the Avengers and the other movies look like I've been watching a cartoon.

I'm definitely rolling my eyes at Cap's and Thor's one liners now.

I have to agree on that!

(thumbs u

I took my time and savored this show. Man I'm glad I did...

I watched the last two episodes tonight and what a wild ride that was.

I need to read more DD, this solid show is making me more of a fan!!!

I got the Fever and the only prescription is more DD!!!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Just watched the finale. Freaking awesome show!

The only thing I kept rolling my eyes at was how much Daredevil got his are kicked. When the little old Chinese lady kicked him to the group...pulease.

I guess this is the "origin" season. Was freaking incredible!