• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

OK, Ive been watching the 1st 9 episodes. They were all terrible, I kept on watching because I love Daredevil and was just waiting and waiting for the show to get better. It didnt.

The writing is HORRIBLE. The lack of character development is just outstanding. It seems as if the writer was struggling with prioritizing which characters should have more focus.. Claire appeared in a few episodes, all of a sudden shes in love with DD, and then she disappeared for the rest of the show. Poof, gone. We learn later that she showed up to stitch DD when he was injured in a battle with Nabu.. Not even a cameo of her.. But instead we are treated for hours of relationship developments with Foggy and Karen.. Who gives a ???? Their supporting characters here dude!!

The show tries to be dramatic and gory at the same time, I couldnt help but think that the writer/director wanted to cater to a WD crowd with DD, but it just didnt work. Not with characters that has so much potential and depth like DD and Kingpin.

Also, where are the superheroes? Where is the action?? in 9 episodes that Ive watched there were very few battle scenes, and all of them were with just mobsters, with the exception of Nabu. I get the impression that this is a very low budget series, almost like a British soap opera from the 80s.

I wont be watching the rest, even if the last 4 episodes change dramatically, if the writer/director couldnt pull it off in the first 9, thats just a waste of time in my book

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more. I really enjoyed the show. There were a few minor things I didn't really like (re: costume), but, overall, it was excellent, especially in comparison to the other comic-themed shows on television.

OMG and those scenes where Fisk speaks to that lady in Chinese :facepalm:

I was thinking to myself.. Please make it stop!!

I swear to god, the only thing I kept on thinking when I saw D'onofrio try to speak Mandarin was that scene from Top Secret where everyone speaks in reverse

I absolutely, loved this show! Daredevils portrayal was awesome, all the acting was good and kingpin was pretty crazy (Though he kinda reminded me of a pouty kid at times) I want to see who that old lady becomes and definitely looking forward to season 2. Waiting every episode I was wondering when they would mention Frank Castle or something about the Punisher, but no mention.. I think The Punisher would be a great fit in this universe.

You should participate in The Walking Dead TV Show thread. (thumbs u Plenty of people who regularly post in that thread that are full of negativity and repeatedly post how terrible the show is yet continue to watch and discuss on a weekly basis.

haters-gonna-hate-snow-white.gif

I swear to god, the only thing I kept on thinking when I saw D'onofrio try to speak Mandarin was that scene from Top Secret where everyone speaks in reverse

That was a bit corny. I am having a hard time seeing Kingpin as some suave, educated gangster.

I also agree with the Claire character - not a huge fan of the way they handled her but then I've never been a big RD fan.

It's not enough to put me off the show but those are a few more things I struggled with as well.

OK, Ive been watching the 1st 9 episodes. They were all terrible, I kept on watching because I love Daredevil and was just waiting and waiting for the show to get better. It didnt.

The writing is HORRIBLE. The lack of character development is just outstanding. It seems as if the writer was struggling with prioritizing which characters should have more focus.. Claire appeared in a few episodes, all of a sudden shes in love with DD, and then she disappeared for the rest of the show. Poof, gone. We learn later that she showed up to stitch DD when he was injured in a battle with Nabu.. Not even a cameo of her.. But instead we are treated for hours of relationship developments with Foggy and Karen.. Who gives a ???? Their supporting characters here dude!!

The show tries to be dramatic and gory at the same time, I couldnt help but think that the writer/director wanted to cater to a WD crowd with DD, but it just didnt work. Not with characters that has so much potential and depth like DD and Kingpin.

Also, where are the superheroes? Where is the action?? in 9 episodes that Ive watched there were very few battle scenes, and all of them were with just mobsters, with the exception of Nabu. I get the impression that this is a very low budget series, almost like a British soap opera from the 80s.

I wont be watching the rest, even if the last 4 episodes change dramatically, if the writer/director couldnt pull it off in the first 9, thats just a waste of time in my book

Where is the action???? My only complaint for this show is there is too much action/fight scenes but I can live with it.

Jim

OMG! I am laughing so hard remembering that! :roflmao:

OK, just blasted through episodes 10-12 and everything jelled really well.

This show just gets better with every episode.

Wait till the last episode where, instead of shawarma, they all flock to Georgia to try Paula Deen's Chicken Fried Steak!

Wait till the last episode where, instead of shawarma, they all flock to Georgia to try Paula Deen's Chicken Fried Steak!

Does she call Wilson Fisk fat?!?!?

Does she call Wilson Fisk fat?!?!?

No but you better be glad it's the TV show Wilson Fisk and not the movie Wilson Fisk...

Just finished episode 13 and all I can say is this sort of television blows away TWD, nevermind shows like Gotham.

What an amazing piece of work. Good job, Marvel!