• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I just got done with episode 8. Just a wonderfully done episode, from start to finish.

I never read the daredevil comics, but the hand fight and all the ninjas chasing the car... It was just like from all the Wolverine fights from the comics. F'n perfect.

Taking small break... not even done, and it's already my favorite superhero tv season of all time. (worship)

only downside is not really for kids...

question

who's the blacksmith? update. colonel (I think)

edit. watching 12. blown away still.

few other questions...

is black sky/electra twist from the storyline canon or new?

Also, anyone know if blacksmith/colonel is new as well?

done!

Few more easter eggs I noticed

Atllas logo across from Murdock's office.

Harlem Terror headlines (Luke Cage?) in news room.

Carrie Ann Moss (Jessica Jones) recruits foggy.

Luke Cage trailer at end was cool

Sure I missed more.

When Punisher found the hidden arsenel in colonel's shack -- priceless.

Weak points.. elektra, colonel/blacksmith revelation.. and finale. But still loved it overall. Esp. Punisher , DD, Punisher/Kingpin prison interactions, Karen, stick, and younger elektra development.

Edited by bronze_rules

Saw the first three episodes tonight. Awesome show! Love it as much as the first season. Imagine if they presented Spiderman in this TV show format? 12 hour season vs a 2 hour film...

Loving this show!! Nothing seems rushed. Plenty of time for the characters and the plot.

Went through 7 episodes yesterday and what Marvel has done here is just simply amazing. Makes up for the dud that was Jessica Jones

Watched the whole thing yesterday starting at 330 AM and took a few breaks along the way ending finally just after midnight.

I just don't get the Jessica Jones hate. For me, it goes Daredevil Season 2 > Jessica Jones > Daredevil.

Being able to watch a fully developed established Daredevil was even more fun then watching him become Daredevil. It was also fun watching how it would develop and trying to figure out how much direction they were getting from Miller, Bendis, or Brubaker's runs.

I liked Jessica Jones quite a bit. Thought it was well done & interesting. (shrug)

Liking Daredevil season 2 so far (only 3 episodes in at this point.) Feeling a little clunky about the relationship bromance of D.D. & Punisher. It happens though where mixing two characters together can be challenging, making both shine and true to their character. Makes me wonder how well DC will do with Superman/Batman Rise of Justice.

Fight scene at end of episode 3 was excellent. Almost wish D.D. Always used a chain.

It's great to see Charlie Cox is steeped in the lore of Daredevil.

Daredevil Star Hopeful For Punisher Series, Bullseye, and Kingpin Return

I hopped on a call with Charlie Cox this week to talk about the franchise, I took the opportunity to ask what characters from the comics he’d personally like to join the Marvel-Netflix universe… and the first thing he jumped to was Bernthal’s Punisher as well.

"Well, yeah, really good question. Look, I have to preface all of this – because I got in trouble in the past for speculating – so I preface it all by saying I have no idea what the Netflix-Marvel plans are. I have no idea if there’s going to be a third season. If there was one I have no idea what characters would be involved – all that core stuff but you guys get that."

"But as I’ve got to know this show, this character a little bit, I would love to see – and I know this is something that’s speculated about and I have no idea if it’s possible or not possible – having worked with Jon [bernthal] I would love to see Punisher get his own show. I’d love to see that happen. It’s such a rich character and Jon embodies him in such a spectacular way. Fans are going to be overwhelmed and pleased with what he brought to the character so I’d love to see The Punisher get his own 13 episodes. And if he does, I’d love to be in it [laughs]. I’d love Daredevil to make an appearance. "

As for the future of Daredevil as its own series and other characters Cox would want to see in his show, Bullseye is top of mind.

"If we are fortunate enough to continue making the Daredevil series, I can’t imagine doing a run of Daredevil where Bullseye doesn’t show up at some point. It would be great to have him around at some point. Who would play that part I have no idea but I just think there’s such an interesting, rich character there, and also of course, the history that Bullseye has with Karen Page is an interesting dynamic. When you read the comics it’s etched in a Daredevil memory all that stuff."

And he definitely wants to revisit Kingpin.

:whee:

It's great to see Charlie Cox is steeped in the lore of Daredevil.

Daredevil Star Hopeful For Punisher Series, Bullseye, and Kingpin Return

I hopped on a call with Charlie Cox this week to talk about the franchise, I took the opportunity to ask what characters from the comics he’d personally like to join the Marvel-Netflix universe… and the first thing he jumped to was Bernthal’s Punisher as well.

"Well, yeah, really good question. Look, I have to preface all of this – because I got in trouble in the past for speculating – so I preface it all by saying I have no idea what the Netflix-Marvel plans are. I have no idea if there’s going to be a third season. If there was one I have no idea what characters would be involved – all that core stuff but you guys get that."

"But as I’ve got to know this show, this character a little bit, I would love to see – and I know this is something that’s speculated about and I have no idea if it’s possible or not possible – having worked with Jon [bernthal] I would love to see Punisher get his own show. I’d love to see that happen. It’s such a rich character and Jon embodies him in such a spectacular way. Fans are going to be overwhelmed and pleased with what he brought to the character so I’d love to see The Punisher get his own 13 episodes. And if he does, I’d love to be in it [laughs]. I’d love Daredevil to make an appearance. "

As for the future of Daredevil as its own series and other characters Cox would want to see in his show, Bullseye is top of mind.

"If we are fortunate enough to continue making the Daredevil series, I can’t imagine doing a run of Daredevil where Bullseye doesn’t show up at some point. It would be great to have him around at some point. Who would play that part I have no idea but I just think there’s such an interesting, rich character there, and also of course, the history that Bullseye has with Karen Page is an interesting dynamic. When you read the comics it’s etched in a Daredevil memory all that stuff."

And he definitely wants to revisit Kingpin.

:whee:

Can anybody give me a cliffs notes on the Bullseye / Karen history from the comics?

Can anybody give me a cliffs notes on the Bullseye / Karen history from the comics?

Bottom of the Marvel wiki page on Karen Page.

Marvel's Karen Page

I did not know that. It must be a recent Modern storyline.

Yeah -- the whole death of Karen Page storyline kicked off Daredevil vol. 2 -- it's issue # 1-8, written by Kevin Smith.

And I've never forgiven Kevin Smith for it.

I get what Smith was trying to do & Mysterio's involvement was well done, but it was so unnecessary & clearly done just for shock value.

I _love_ Daredevil vol. 2, but it only got good when Bendis took over around issue # 16.

Vol. 2 # 16-87 are the definitive Daredevil, and as a whole it's far stronger than Miller's first run.

Episode Eight

What an ending! Just as someone was walking into the prison yard, I thought, 'Wouldn't that be cool if they walked out, and a certain someone was there?'

And there he was - bench pressing a small car.

:whee::ohnoez::whee::ohnoez::whee: