• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Thanks to this thread I finally caved in and signed up for Netflix this weekend. After a mini-binge I'm through 5 episodes of the first season and just stunned how great this show is on nearly every level. Makes Gotham seem even that much more of a disappointment. Can't wait to get to the Punisher and Elektra.

Thanks to this thread I finally caved in and signed up for Netflix this weekend. After a mini-binge I'm through 5 episodes of the first season and just stunned how great this show is on nearly every level. Makes Gotham seem even that much more of a disappointment. Can't wait to get to the Punisher and Elektra.

Good to catch up on Season One first, as the creative team did a wonderful job of tying the two seasons together versus dismissing all that great foundational work.

And I couldn't help myself last night, and shot right through to the end of Season Two. What a fantastic way to deliver on a follow-up season.

:applause:

Finished it late last night and so many 'WOW" moments. The Punisher's violence, especially in the prison fight was applaud worthy and I laughed out loud, roared actually, several times. I mean it's as close to a snuff film as you'll get and Marvel set the bar so high again that I'm wondering how the Hell do they top this?

The music, mood, direction, choreography, cast interaction, intensity and anticipation of the next episode made it more enjoyable than any MCU movie

Went through 7 episodes yesterday and what Marvel has done here is just simply amazing. Makes up for the dud that was Jessica Jone

I just don't get the Jessica Jones hate. For me, it goes Daredevil Season 2 > Jessica Jones > Daredevil.

I found JJ to be boring, poorly written, filled with SJW / cause of the month cliches with an unlikable main character & monotone one-dimensional actress not to mention D-list movie style fight scenes. Marvel's strength has always been that their leads are flawed in some way and the readers (or viewers) identify and sympathize with them, and I slogged through that series hoping that she'd get killed. I liked the Alias MAX series very much but the JJ show did nothing for me, took me a week or so to get through it

Edited by Lonzilla

Just finished season 2 also! Excellent follow-up to season 1. DD is definitely the best superhero TV to date. So glad I already own DD 1 and ASM 129 in grades that fit my collection (in fact DD 1 was one of the first slabs I bought and ASM 129 was one of the first raws that I submitted directly). :banana:

Can't wait for season 3!

Karen Page has more screens than any characters except Matt in this season 2! Way to go, the character development is great, from a scaredy-cat in season 1 to a true detective/journalist in season 2. I hope we can see more of her back stories, her brother and the news article about her teenage years. I find the Blacksmith ending is so weak, it is a surprised but not satisfying. There are great fight scenes with these 2 new Characters

the hole that the Hand digged up in that building, what's the reason? just to hide those imprisoned/blood drained people? but aren't they already have the subway tunnel base, why not using that. What is the reason that Stick worked for the Hand, training Elektra then go away? I thought he is anti the Hand? Stick seems like working for some organization since dropping off Elektra, all his goonies are foreigners, any speculations or insight?

Karen Page has more screens than any characters except Matt in this season 2! Way to go, the character development is great, from a scaredy-cat in season 1 to a true detective/journalist in season 2. I hope we can see more of her back stories, her brother and the news article about her teenage years. I find the Blacksmith ending is so weak, it is a surprised but not satisfying. There are great fight scenes with these 2 new Characters

the hole that the Hand digged up in that building, what's the reason? just to hide those imprisoned/blood drained people? but aren't they already have the subway tunnel base, why not using that. What is the reason that Stick worked for the Hand, training Elektra then go away? I thought he is anti the Hand? Stick seems like working for some organization since dropping off Elektra, all his goonies are foreigners, any speculations or insight?

Stick never worked for the hand. He worked for The Chaste, and then left because of how they felt about Elektra. They are similarly trained organizations, but with antithetical purposes.

So as I'm watching season 2 it's starting to grow on me more and more, the idea that Bernthal isn't playing Frank Castle/Punisher so much as he's playing variation of the character Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver.

A few googles later and sure enough they have based the Punisher on DiNiro's Travis Bickle in a big way.

Not that it's bad mind you, but over all I'm not in love with the depiction of Frank, it feels to much like an iconic character I've already seen.