• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

This show is flat out awesome. I'm late to the game, but am on episode 11 hoping to finish season 1 today. At least I didn't have to endure the impatient anticipation for season 2 for so long.

Digging Karen's pencil skirts too, bow_chika_wow wow.

:applause:

Jason Statham bailing on the Bullseye role is a shame. It would have blended it so great with the Frank Miller storyline. Especially what he does to Elektra.

I wonder if someone will still show up in this role.

Review: DAREDEVIL Season 2 Is A Brutal, Balletic Delight; And 'The Punisher' Steals The Show

The action comes fast and heavy right from the outset, as the Man Without Fear continues his mission to clean up the streets of Hell's Kitchen. Matt Murdock believes he's making a difference and seems to be managing to balance his dual identities fairly well... until a new player that doesn't share his no-kill policy enters the game and begins to wipe out various members of the Irish mob. Unlike Wilson Fisk in the first season, Frank Castle/The Punisher is introduced right away, and they don't hold off on the first meeting between the two Marvel Comics crime-fighters either as Castle and Daredevil come to blows in the very first episode. It's obviously a very smart strategy as it immediately hooks you in, and it doesn't hurt that Jon Bernthal is a revelation in the role.

Trust me, this is the best live-action interpretation of The Punisher we've ever had - and if you're thinking that wouldn't really be that difficult, remember the three actors that came before (yes, even Dolph Lundgren) were actually decent/very good in the role, they just happened to be working with lousy material. Fans of the character will lap up Bernthal's portrayal, and Castle is such a commanding presence that the show inevitably suffers a little when he's off-screen.

If you enjoyed season 1 of Daredevil there's no way you'll be disappointed with what I saw of season 2. The plot meanders occasionally and, like the first season, at times you may wonder if the story really justifies being told over such a long stretch - but with Charlie Cox better than ever as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and the introduction of superb incarnations of 2 of Marvel's finest, this is must watch TV. Oh, and if you thought that season 1 hallway fight scene was the pinnacle of action choreography, wait until you see what episode 3 has lined up for you!

:whee:

My Netflix/Daredevil countdown clock says Season 2 will be available at 3:00am EST. :ohnoez:

Last trailer was amazing!

Only a few hours away! :ohnoez:

Wonder if I should stay up til 2am to start watching and just coast my way through work. It's Friday after all hm

TV Review: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 2 Episode 1 "Bang"

Picking up some time after Wilson Fisk's incarceration at the end of season one, this story drops us right into the middle of Matt Murdock's costumed crime-fighting career. There has been a void left in Hell's Kitchen thanks to Daredevil and there are several candidates willing to step up and take his place. First and foremost are the Irish Mafia who plan their return to prominence only to be cut down in glorious and gory fashion. For as much as the first season bordered between PG-13 and R, this premiere hour delivers on the blood and gaping wounds. The language may be a bit watered down, but you could rank the bullet damage right up there with DEADPOOL. For those worried that this would be a sanitized take on Frank Castle, you should be able to relax.

From the trailers, we know that while The Punisher is a major element of the plot, we will soon see a resurgent Yakuza and the eventual debut of Elektra. All together, it is tough to picture this season beyond this first episode which presents very specific stakes and sets the table for two Marvel icons to face off. For everyone excited to see Batman fight Superman, Marvel has found their answer and it isn't CIVIL WAR. Daredevil versus The Punisher promises to be a battle of epic proportions. Hold on to your remotes, this is going to be intense.

8/10 Stars

Finished the first 5 episodes. I can see why Bernthal is getting raves.

Be prepared to spend a good chunk of time at once, because there's no good place to stop. Each episode ends with something that makes you want to watch the next, even more so than the first season.

And the fight scene at the end of episode 3 was just f'n insane :ohnoez:

Although I think Civil War will be awesome, the MCU needs to start mixing it up a bit more. Because the Netflix shows, especially this one, are killing it.