• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC v. PGX?

243 posts in this topic

There are also anecdotal horror stories about CGC. I have a few myself and I know plenty of others who do as well. But I am not going to bash CGC on their own board.

-J.

You already did that when you stated in earlier posts that it was naive and laughable to doubt that their employees were selling books that the employees had themselves graded and slabbed.

It is neither naive nor laughable to assume that people are behaving ethically when there is no evidence that they are not.

"RC soda" = Royal Crown soda. They make a cola. Now you're just being petty. Typical.

-J.

Never heard of it.

Interesting. You must be very young as well as not getting around to the States much. It sells particularly well in the region Americans call the Midwest even though geographically the area is the Mideast. I haven't had any Royal Crown Cola for decades myself so I can't pronounce on its taste.

(shrug)

The extent of the vast majority of your data is comprised almost exclusively of hearsay, conjecture, supposition, and speculation. I have not seen any hard data that would stand up even in a civil court, let alone in a criminal prosecution. Maybe that's actually the reason they are still in business, and not because of "people like me". Food for thought.

Hmmmm. Very curious that rather than examining any evidence concerning PGX's actions with an open mind and then after careful consideration drawing your own conclusions, you immediately rush to PGX's defence. That's not the behaviour of a disinterested individual.

(shrug)

There are also anecdotal horror stories about CGC. I have a few myself and I know plenty of others who do as well. But I am not going to bash CGC on their own board.

Hey! Go right ahead. That's allowed and is in fact done quite often.

:preach:

The only reason to send a book to any company to get slabbed is to establish an objective grade so we don't all argue over whether a spine stress is a more serious flaw than a blunt corner, etc.

It's actually not an "objective" grade. All grades are subjective. A CGC grade is a third party grade done by a theoretically disinterested party.

lol

Hepcat thinks he is a cat.

Park thinks he's a wit.

lol

lol

giggle.gif

-slym

Oh, that's right. I'd forgotten that you two are the Bobbsey Twins who try so hard to impress each other in General all the time.

:eyeroll:

BTW, if you like to get your nose rubbed in your own words, you've come to the right place.

"RC soda" = Royal Crown soda. They make a cola. Now you're just being petty. Typical.

-J.

Never heard of it.

Interesting. You must be very young as well as not getting around to the States much. It sells particularly well in the region Americans call the Midwest even though geographically the area is the Mideast. I haven't had any Royal Crown Cola for decades myself so I can't pronounce on its taste.

(shrug)

I'm 35, my girlfriend is from the states and I've traveled across the northern US, From Washington to Michigan.

I've had TAB, does that count?

What in gods name is "RC soda"?

Mud water.

:whistle:

-J.

Typical? hm

BTW - I think RC Cola tastes like mud water. OK, not really - more like mud Pepsi. IMHO, it is a horrible attempt at making a cola drink.

(thumbs u

-slym

Nah, you're thinking of mud PC diet Cola

-J.

Never heard of it.

(shrug)

I'm 35, my girlfriend is from the states and I've traveled across the northern US, From Washington to Michigan.

PC cola dude....trust me, its sick lol

-J.

Never heard of it.

(shrug)

An RC bottling plant is right here in my hometown. My parents drank no other cola. I rode my bicycle over to the grocery store to get a carton of RC for my mother many a time.

I had a girlfriend in high school that always bought RC cola.

Once I found out I promptly dumped her and scored her best friend who drank Pepsi.

And the market has decided about PGX as seen from the recent auction of the hulk where it ended considerably less then it's CGC counterpart would have.

Some people are so thick skulled,even when presented with overwhelming proof. :facepalm:
I just don't believe there's an RC cola....happy?!?

RC stands for Royal Crown and it is a delicious Cola. Like Tony S, I am a Hoosier and RC had a strong foothold in the market in the 70s.

lol

Park thinks he's a wit.

lol

lol

giggle.gif

-slym

Oh, that's right. I'd forgotten that you two are the Bobbsey Twins who try so hard to impress each other in General all the time.

:eyeroll:

BTW, if you like to get your nose rubbed in your own words, you've come to the right place.

:popcorn:

-slym

While not widely sold in Canada, Royal Crown Cola is actually quite popular in the States. RC Cola's vote total was surprisingly high in the last poll I've seen on favourite soft drinks:

Coca-Cola 20

Mountain Dew 12

A & W Root Beer 12

Orange Crush 11

Dr. Pepper 11

Pepsi-Cola 9

Cream Soda 8

Barq's Root Beer 7

Canada Dry Ginger Ale 7

Vernor's Ginger Ale 6

Squirt 6

RC Cola 6

While not widely sold in Canada, Royal Crown Cola is actually quite popular in the States. RC Cola's vote total was surprisingly high in the last poll I've seen on favourite soft drinks:

Coca-Cola 20

Mountain Dew 12

A & W Root Beer 12

Orange Crush 11

Dr. Pepper 11

Pepsi-Cola 9

Cream Soda 8

Barq's Root Beer 7

Canada Dry Ginger Ale 7

Vernor's Ginger Ale 6

Squirt 6

RC Cola 6