• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC v. PGX?

243 posts in this topic

So a month or so ago I purchased this off ebay…

UncannyX-Men141and142PGX_zps90596089.jpg

The day they came in, they were quickly put into a box and sent off to CGC. I have just seen that my submission has been graded so I believe I got about a week or so before I can see the grades. Just curious if anyone wants to potentially weigh in a guess what they will come back as. I know we all love to see PGX vs CGC grades so I thought this would be fun while I wait for them.

The were put into Quality Control yesterday...any guesses how they will turn out?

Don't you have a bigger picture? :makepoint:

Anyways my guess is 8.5 and 9.4

No, they went to CGC the day I got them. I had them just long enough to glance at them, decide not to press them, and package them up. That is the picture from the ebay ad.

Give that feminine hygiene product my name and address. I hate guys like that. Anyone wanna give me that number, I'll have a talk with Mr Amato......what a tool

Link.

:applause:

THIS, is going to be fun!

What happened when you called?

:juggle:

Vault is the best, hand down. "Extraordinary" grades!

Welcome to the boards, Mr Vault Employee

Vault doesn't have employees. They have an owner - Eddie Berlin- who also sells Vault graded books on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/comicart1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2654

Right from the beginning I suspected this was the case, comicart1 was the only one selling vault books.

The day they came in, they were quickly put into a box and sent off to CGC. I have just seen that my submission has been graded so I believe I got about a week or so before I can see the grades. Just curious if anyone wants to potentially weigh in a guess what they will come back as. I know we all love to see PGX vs CGC grades so I thought this would be fun while I wait for them.

The were put into Quality Control yesterday...any guesses how they will turn out?

No, they went to CGC the day I got them. I had them just long enough to glance at them, decide not to press them, and package them up. That is the picture from the ebay ad.

Did you crack them out of the slabs? Or did you send them in still in the PGX case?

Did you crack them out of the slabs? Or did you send them in still in the PGX case?

The correct thing to have done would've been to submit them slabbed with the certificate so that CGC can remove them from the pgx census.

Vault is the best, hand down. "Extraordinary" grades!

Welcome to the boards, Mr Vault Employee

Vault doesn't have employees. They have an owner - Eddie Berlin- who also sells Vault graded books on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/comicart1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2654

Right from the beginning I suspected this was the case, comicart1 was the only one selling vault books.

Well it appears you can buy Vault graded books direct from Vault so no more having to wonder about having to deal with a seller that could be or might have been an owner of Vault. Now you can buy directly from Vault. :facepalm:

http://vaultgradedcomics.com/

Not going to lie, but those slabbed vaults actually look pretty cool.. I would still prefer CGC tho.. :insane:

really? I thought they looked awful, just like pbx. cgc has the only decent looking slab imo.