• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Every time someone mentions GOTG as the new watermark for greatness I feel like I'm in a parallel Universe.

ocetb.jpg

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks that BB is over-rated?

There might be one or two more out there that agree with you

Went to see "Ant-Man". Normally I really don't like origin movies, the beginnings are always a drag waiting for the action. This one is different as it allows us to peek into the heart and soul of Scott Lang who will eventually become Ant-Man. The movie is firmly tied to the the Marvel Universe and when it finally gets legs it is amazing. Lots of Easter eggs, and really cool effects, will be part of the collection and I give it 3 stars not a spectacular as Guardians, but on par with Marvel. Be sure to stay to the end of the credits for a surprise. PS I really liked Micheal Douglas as Hank Pym the original Ant-Man but it was time for him to pass it on to Scott. (thumbs u

Every time someone mentions GOTG as the new watermark for greatness I feel like I'm in a parallel Universe.

ocetb.jpg

It was really good its first few seasons,than ok.

Just like Game of Thrones. Unbelievable, than they go down.

Hard to maintain greatness.

Went to see "Ant-Man". Normally I really don't like origin movies, the beginnings are always a drag waiting for the action. This one is different as it allows us to peek into the heart and soul of Scott Lang who will eventually become Ant-Man. The movie is firmly tied to the the Marvel Universe and when it finally gets legs it is amazing. Lots of Easter eggs, and really cool effects, will be part of the collection and I give it 3 stars not a spectacular as Guardians, but on par with Marvel. Be sure to stay to the end of the credits for a surprise. PS I really liked Micheal Douglas as Hank Pym the original Ant-Man but it was time for him to pass it on to Scott. (thumbs u

Thanks for the good review.

I will try to squeeze this in over the weekend.

ocetb.jpg

It was really good its first few seasons,than ok.

Just like Game of Thrones. Unbelievable, than they go down.

Hard to maintain greatness.

I wonder if that rule applies here hm what happens to folks after they hit 15,000 posts...they just start talking nonsense

:baiting:

ocetb.jpg

lol

The thing is I only ever saw a few episodes, and couldn't understand how this was now the second coming.

ockzs.jpg

We just got back. It was great! Action-packed in all the right spots, great character development, quite a few funny parts, and just over-all a cool summer flick. I wouldn't put it on a level with Iron Man I, Avengers or GOTG, but it's damn good. Go see it! :)

I know a few non comic book people that aren't into "superhero movies" that loved GOTG. It was different and fresh and didn't take itself to seriously.

I know a few non comic book people that aren't into "superhero movies" that loved GOTG. It was different and fresh and didn't take itself to seriously.

That was the interesting thing about Ant-Man - it felt like it took itself really seriously (which is funny to say given its comedic nature) but it did it very well.

$60MM weekend. you can kiss $200MM domestic goodbye.

Strengthens my bets with Jsilverjanet that most non-Batman/Superman DC movies won`t break box office records. :devil:

But I digress, and will save it for another thread.

I believe the first movie up in that bet is Suicide Squad. I feel very confident.

Strengthens my bets with Jsilverjanet that most non-Batman/Superman DC movies won`t break box office records. :devil:

I believe the first movie up in that bet is Suicide Squad. I feel very confident.

There was a really great trailer for Batman/Superman too...I'm not sure where Wonder Woman fits in, in that movie, but she looked a lot better than I expected. Not exactly like WONDER WOMAN, but like a bad tough powerful super female;)

I'm not a DC guy, not a Suicide Squad guy, prefer a Bruce Timm Harley Quinn, and absolutely HATE the Joker.... but I'm going to see that for the sheer spectacle.

Sharon

can you elaborate on what she's missing from your perspective?

You mean Wonder Woman? My collection starts with her first appearance and only goes through the Bronze age books...so I'm more familiar with the Amazon who wore red white and blue. I'm sure this one is ffine, but she looks like she's from the modern comics, so it just doesn't jib with what I envision her looking like.

Her outfit does not look particularly patriotic and she's dark...not her skin tone, her aura.

Maybe that goes with some of the newer books I've never read, but except for her mod period, the bright red white and blue were always in the forefront.

I really enjoyed Linda Carter.

I do love Afleck's look...I saw a zillion complaints about him, I think he looks fantastic.

It was cool. Good popcorn flick.

I could be wrong but this was way better that the Batman v Superman trailer looks.

Is DC just on Crack when comes to movies?

The DC Universe is so packed, why do they just focus on just certain characters???

looks like something to go straight to video.

Anyway, good for Marvel and the fans of Antman, he will be a cool addition to the Avengers lore.

am I the only one who feels really anxious during the sub-atomic part? Same thing happened to me while watching Interstellar during the worm hole part..

that part of the movie got me at the edge of my seat. I was hoping they will show an infinity stone (reality gem) or an alternate universe.

The movie was really good. Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas nailed their parts. The story was light and not convoluted - perfect way to introduce a character!