• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

AWESOME!!! CHARTS!!!! :headbang:

Why thanks! Coming from you, that means...

hm

Well, nothing really, since you are just posting to post.

:baiting:

Not true. I would rather talk about the movie but instead we have pages and pages of useless (IMHO) charts, people quoting said charts, and others posting more charts to prove the posted charts wrong. I like charts, just not when I would rather talk about a film.

So better to pop into a thread and post about someone squeezing Margot Robbie's boob? Is that the deep, engaging discussion points you desire?

Yeah. I'll keep posting those charts. Thanks.

:grin:

That wasn't me but yeah, I would rather talk about Robbie's boobs.

Edited by BettrFastrStrongr

Some of us are a bit OC(D), and very interested in the value tracking of the superhero movie trends week to week. In my mind, where people spend their money is more telling than some hipster who owns a ton of slabs but never read a comic book giving us his double-entendre/tongue in cheek/"expert" opinions on the quality of a movie they just saw.

Bosco deserves a big thumbs up for going through the effort of doing a lot of work setting up the tracking and keeping current on it.

It is a dollars to donuts view of how Antman, despite arguments that the opening weekend was poor compared to prognosticators, has made up for it over time. A real tortoise sans hare story.

Maybe when it pulls out of theatres or it has hit foreign theatres, we can let it go then, when it has proven itself to be a respectable, yet slow moving money maker.

And I find the graphs and spreadsheets are just as entertaining as any meme or animated gif I've seen on here.

-Terry

Thanks Terry for the kind note. It really is meant to make this entertaining, versus anything in the way of just making money off comic books.

:foryou:

I wanted to give you kudos as well.

I know sometimes we have gotten into some hot debates about the Fantastic Four reboot and Suicide Squad movies, but I do appreciate all the movie news you post here.

(thumbs u

Thanks Terry for the kind note. It really is meant to make this entertaining, versus anything in the way of just making money off comic books.

I know sometimes we have gotten into some hot debates about the Fantastic Four reboot and Suicide Squad movies, but I do appreciate all the movie news you post here.

(thumbs u

I also appreciate the efforts of Bosco685, that said I still have no understanding of why some movies are a box office hit and others not.

It isn't always quality of the film, case in point: Why is Iron Man 3 near the top of the list? It was a horrible movie.

:blush:

Thanks folks.

Iron Man 3 definitely is an interesting case. Marvel Studios did do something different with the special Chinese footage played in that market so they could feel appreciated. And it did pay off.

Iron Man 3

China Opening Weekend: $64,500,000

China Final Tally: $121,200,000

:blush:

Thanks folks.

Iron Man 3 definitely is an interesting case. Marvel Studios did do something different with the special Chinese footage played in that market so they could feel appreciated. And it did pay off.

Iron Man 3

China Opening Weekend: $64,500,000

China Final Tally: $121,200,000

Has anyone here seen the Chinese footage? I can't remember what they did that was special.

I guess it was pretty successful... so does that mean more movies with alternate endings for specific regions?

(thumbs u

I also appreciate the efforts of Bosco685, that said I still have no understanding of why some movies are a box office hit and others not.

It isn't always quality of the film, case in point: Why is Iron Man 3 near the top of the list? It was a horrible movie.

Just because you didn't like the film doesn't make it horrible.

Has anyone here seen the Chinese footage? I can't remember what they did that was special.

I guess it was pretty successful... so does that mean more movies with alternate endings for specific regions?

(thumbs u

Just because you didn't like the film doesn't make it horrible.

Did you like it?

Ant-Man is steaming along.

eLhjglV.png

And blame Marvel for the long charts. They keep pumping out winning movies.

(:

S6JEJA7.png

0yHSE0E.png

Pending box office:

Austria (27 August 2015)

Greece (17 September 2015)

China (18 September 2015)

Japan (19 September 2015)